Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: About Scenarios

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove

About Scenarios

After Easter, I used all my 21 explorers to search for adventures for several weeks, and do nothing else. The goal was to find scenarios.

Result: 411 adventures and 21 scenarios, before I gave up.

My goal was to complete the achievements "Find 100 scenarios through adventure search" and "Complete 1,000 scenarios". I'm currently at 21/100 and 17/1,000. I haven't found any "The Grain Conflict" or "Twins" at all.

At this rate, it will take a VERY long time to do 1,000 scenarios, if I'm about to find them myself first. Which probably is the only option, since they're extremely expensive the few times they appear at the TO. By finding them myself, I will get roughly 20,000 adventures before having all the scenarios...

I don't understand why these are so rare, considering the huge amount we have to complete for the achievement. To compare, the highest number for adventures achievement, is 100, and these are very easy to get. Someone said in-game that mini-adventures, like Easter event, will count for the achievement - I don't know about that, but it really doesn't help much.

Is this intended, or is BB intending to add many more scenarios, but haven't gotten there yet, or is there something else I am not aware of?

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    It's the same here, I've found and done a few more scenarios than that, but they are mostly the two easy ones. I don't know how many years it will take me to get 1,000,000 resources from scenarios, but I think I'm dead from old age long before that, if we don't get more and better scenarios any time soon ;P 6129 of one million so far!

World
    Newfoundland
    The current drop rates of scenarios is about 1%, so yes they are very hard to find.
    There will be 2 scenarios available in the up-coming guild market.
    You can find twins on short adv search, and grain conflict on short and medium adv search

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Always, always, always a way. I too started searching for scenarios right after Easter by dedicating all 18 explorers to scenario search (My 3 Luckys stayed on Artifact search). I am currently at 96/100. I recall twice finding 4 scenarios in one haul and other times I have went days without finding any. Once I get to 100/100, the scenario search STOPS. I then will be saving those 100 found scenarios so when Halloween Event arrives I will use them to complete the Event quest of having to find resources via scenarios...That's a guess/foresight as we've seen on test server that scenarios almost hit the Easter Event but they later pulled it out before final launch.

In order to complete the 1000 is the easier part. Just have a little patience and wait for them to be offered for sale in bulk. Not by Trade Office but through Merchant. I imagined them being offered using Map Fragments sometime in the future (I have 500K map frags in stock ready to pounce). This hasn't happened yet BUT they are being offered soon in Merchant using Guild Coins. You can buy ALL you want when they hit the guild market. I have the resources to buy 900 of them at 190 guild coins each (current test server price) but I've actually decided not to take the bait and wait until they are offered with Map Fragments OR during an event using event resources. I have lots of options here.

If you're serious about completing the whole scenario line of achievments and don't have as much resources as the high level/older players, then perhaps start to prepare now. Start planning and fiquring out where your chances may best be in obtaining large quantities of scenarios and play towards that.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Wasn't aware that they will be available for the mechant, thanks for that info.

That won't help with the "Find 100..." achievement, of course, but at least it's something.

World
    Newfoundland
    You need to send them out on the short search, as the odds are better I.e two adventures at 1% chance is better than a medium or long search that only yield at 1%, that is what I have been doing and i average about 1 a day.

If you just want to complete 1000 then buy a load of them from the guild market when it changes next….but you will need around 250k plus guild coins, as they will cost 290guild coins each.

As for waiting for the event Scenarios...if the event resoruce is going for 50gc each and you need 95 of them/it to get one that is aroudn 4750gc per Scenario...which is more than the ones you can get in the trader....IMO the best opition is to buy what you can for guild coins and get them from the trader, considering that the price will dorp one they hit the guild market.

The whole idea of the scenarios is for the super rich players to have something to do, like “PvP” they are not worth the cost, but are designed as a long term achievement process for the sort of players mentioned.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

World
    Newfoundland
    I don't know how many years it will take me to get 1,000,000 resources from scenarios,
    IMo there are only a handfull (ok maybe about 20) of players on NFL that will be able to do this as you would need to compelte around 1700 Riches of the mountain to complete it...even if you did an event based scenario liek Where do eggs come from you are still looking at around 1000 ish.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Sorry but what has the number return per search got to do with resource awarded upon completion. Also one should consider the resources needed to complete them. Did you actually sit down and work out how much gunpowder is needed to do your recommended 1700 Rotm's.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Sorry but what has the number return per search got to do with resource awarded upon completion.
    Nothing. Did anyone said otherwise?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafnir View Post
    Nothing. Did anyone said otherwise?
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA suggests using short searches as he says that increases your chances of finding one. I found his logic to be badly flawed.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread