Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: email message received from ubisoft

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Booo, no mail for me, I sulked for all of 5 seconds. Incidentally, these codes are single use so no real point posting them; unless you want to lose the goodies to someone else.
    Last edited by lordloocan; 10.10.15 at 18:12.

Labomba
    So just a question. Will Steam users ever be able to get this halloween gift? It seems kind of unfair how this game has been shown to me through Steam but I'm not able to enjoy the full experience.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    Actually that was the exact opposite of its intention. Originally, it was only supposed to go to people who hadn't played in a while in an effort to entice them back, but they messed up who it was sent to and some people who had been playing regularly for years also received it, when they shouldn't have done.

This is an old mistake that, I believe, predates the game arriving on Steam, so nothing for those players to be affronted about. In fact, I'm not really sure why this thread has been dredged up again after almost three months. I think even the folks at BB recognise that this was a big mistake, given the fact that they actually "apologised" for something... which almost never happens... so, unless they subsequently demonstrate a complete failure to learn from the mistake, this should probably be left well alone.
    I remember it happening before.... two people in the same household who play EVERY day at the same time each morning and at the same time each evening for a year, and I got the voucher code and she didn't.
    Based on the extreme reading of the fine print in the email it seems to be tied to those who have a UPLAY account - I'm not sure how I might have
    managed to get one, but I guess I did.

I just split my reward with my spouse because it didn't seem fair to me that I got it and she didn't. I find the whole thing completely bizarre (just like last time).

(just had a thought. Do those that got a voucher email play Anno? Or another BB game? I wonder if that is it....)
    Last edited by Xibor; 11.10.15 at 20:19. Reason: Another thought
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Booo, no mail for me, I sulked for all of 5 seconds. Incidentally, these codes are single use so no real point posting them; unless you want to lose the goodies to someone else.
    I really don't care about the stuff.

Ah... well... perhaps someone should have made that clearer when they necrotised the thread?
    (Rhetorical question is rhetorical!)
    Let's see.. I wrote..
    Originally Posted by Kit_
    try reading this post from bluebyte:
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...ent-newsletter
    And still some (old players) get gifts, while others don't..
    New arrivals: a huge update, and a gift!
    Key words: "still", "New arrivals" and "a huge update"

Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    You need to have registered your real world e-mail address to get these mails.
    True, but not the whole truth - it's need to been registered long time ago.
    As for the thread being dredged up again looks like somebody was too lazy to start a thread about the fact they have not yet received a xxl gift mail.
    Nope.

This is an old mistake that, I believe, predates the game arriving on Steam, so nothing for those players to be affronted about. In fact, I'm not really sure why this thread has been dredged up again after almost three months. I think even the folks at BB recognise that this was a big mistake, given the fact that they actually "apologised" for something... which almost never happens... so, unless they subsequently demonstrate a complete failure to learn from the mistake, this should probably be left well alone.
    Yes, this was "dredged up" to point at yet another BB "complete failure to learn from the mistake".
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    Key words: "still", "New arrivals" and "a huge update"

Yes, this was "dredged up" to point at yet another BB "complete failure to learn from the mistake".
    Yes, I get that now...

...but it was not immediately obvious, especially to anyone who had not seen the mail you were quoting from, like me!

Key words: "clearer", "rhetorical"

Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    (just had a thought. Do those that got a voucher email play Anno? Or another BB game? I wonder if that is it....)
    I don't play any other BB game, so that's not it, as I got the voucher from the Summer (non) event and, after checking my email more thoroughly, I have now found the gift mail that seems to have prompted the thread's resurrection.
    Last edited by Ozzymandeus; 12.10.15 at 14:39.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    The mails in my case certainly predate my signing up for Anno online, and I still get them for my now dead accounts on other servers which use newer e-mail addresses than the one I sign in here with, which have not been used to sign up for any other BB or Ubi game.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I intend to reflect the similar voucher code problem (Steam user, registerred on 13th Sept, with no voucher code email received) and find this thread.
    So what's official explaination? Steam users like me, do not meet the condition of getting a voucher code?

Reply to Thread