Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Ali Baba Epic Raids

World
    Sandycove
    It pains me to say it again, but there is potential here, and its only in the first stage of development. There is also the unanswered question of how all this ties together with the `new buildings' or if it does at all. Losing high level troops is always going to be a painful experience for those who have got use to the recruit bowman meat grinder, but provided it all comes together and is reasonably balanced with loss to production times taken into account it could be a better experience and more of a challenge for high levels than the present fairy tales. I'm beginning to see why the forth MoMA was made available and the MOD, and the buff nukes become more of a necessity and thus a use for star coins. But if there was some serious thinking going on behind the scenes leading up to this....I think they need to make those numbers of generals available in the testing arena to throw some more accurate long term figures into the testing.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Really cannot imagine why anyone would want to play this. Did it for the experience and the fact that the test server provides all the military you could want. Even so, it took ages, loads of medikits and wiped out thousands of elite/canoneers/crossbow troops. The reward was 60 fish and 1100 beans. I would never play this in the real game - what would be the point?

World
    Newfoundland
    Just to clear things up: The loot currently awarded by the epic raids on the test server is just a place holder. These are not the final rewards and changes will be made in the loot before live deployment.

Not only did I verify this information personally with BB_Procyon, but it is also posted on the homepage of the test server - check the update on the 30th of July:

Content: A further two epic raids will be available in the merchant, adventure section. Please note that the current loot offered by them is not yet final.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    Just to clear things up: The loot currently awarded by the epic raids on the test server is just a place holder. These are not the final rewards and changes will be made in the loot before live deployment.

Not only did I verify this information personally with BB_Procyon, but it is also posted on the homepage of the test server - check the update on the 30th of July:

Content: A further two epic raids will be available in the merchant, adventure section. Please note that the current loot offered by them is not yet final.
    No matter how big a loot I would not play this in the real game. I would maybe be able to collect enough dama swords in 2- 3 month - and what would I do in between. Lose interest in the game and find something else to do. No matter how huge a loot I would get it would not be worth it. Maybe once to get an achievement - but not even sure I would do that.

World
    Northisle
    C'mon people complain when there is no hard content in game then complain when there is... i for once am happy there is something hard... if i can only make 1 a month that's all i'll do... for easy stuff there's all we have now...
    Last edited by Fanfas; 05.08.15 at 00:15.

World
    Sandycove
    I think Urd123 like many of us on test you have become use to the normal `what we see on test is what we end up getting, no matter what our input'. However there are some differences this time, the devs have asked for specific input into `difficulty' and `camp set ups' and so I do believe a lot will change before it goes live this time. It might be that they neither have the time to do it themselves or the understanding to get it right, who knows, but for the first time I'm seeing a different approach.
    I hope I'm not being too optimistic, but I'm prepared to give them one last chance to get it closer to what the players want/need,( not another resource sink). A more challenging adventure set up, using a broad spectrum of troop configurations ( and yes losses) but with better balance to the rest of the economy, and that means loots and with re-building times matched up ( higher level barracks/ more availability of elite and cannon building resources in game/ General skill tree / more medi packs in game or a means for us to make them ).
    All that will take some time, so if these ali baba epic raids appear on the next change log, like you I doubt if they will be worth playing and it will be back to BK and RB till I get bored
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Stating that something is "just a place holder" doesn't actually clear anything up. What it implies is that what we are being asked to try is in fact a pretest server
    and sadly too often a jump is made from that to the real game with horrendous consequences. A bit more transparency..."guys we're not sure this is anywhere near but report back and then we'll give you a test of what we believe will be the final version" may be a lot more honest and understandable.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Creating an adventure that requires losses from the expert tab on a server that is starved of items in the expert tab seems a bit foolish.

I'm waiting to see what the final rewards will be for an adventure that no matter how high end you are it will still take you 2 days to finish and maybe 5 days to prepare?

World
    Newfoundland
    Now that the Level Cap raise has been revealed, don't you guys feel that the Ali Baba Epic Raids might end up being easier to complete than you originally thought?

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    Now that the Level Cap raise has been revealed, don't you guys feel that the Ali Baba Epic Raids might end up being easier to complete than you originally thought?
    If it takes a week to build weapons, troops etc. then people will answer that by not doing them. Are you able to check which adventures are not being played?

Reply to Thread