Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Guide] Short Roaring Bull Major (max loss 524R 54B, 1 optional MMA)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliccis View Post
    asked a friend to do the picture of guide based on latest RB changes, its inspired by many guides, hope you dont mind dropping it here

http://prntscr.com/7ypjbl
    If you have them 2 MMA 1r suicides on you camp C1 before sending in the MG will save an additional 40 recruits.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    well done works a treet

World
    Newfoundland
    Would you be able to add in a vet option for the 3* Wt's please?

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    If you have them 2 MMA 1r suicides on you camp C1 before sending in the MG will save an additional 40 recruits.
    Problem is your first MMA dies at T1, and you need second MMA for T2, which is after C1. Was thinking more about squeezing that 1R MMA before M at T3, cos after T2 you still have him alive. The reason why as explained to me by author : when you are chaining RBs (say under premium), you can already send that one alive MMA to another RB. For me that isnt option really, I would like to martyr him to save few more units

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    - "I prefer losing some more R to B because they are cheaper to build/replace."

Bows are cheaper than bronze swords and while it's true that it takes more time building 1 bowman than 1 recruit, the setup in the guide you're responding to
    have a lower total amount of units lost.
    Example the central tower (Red 4) the guide of this thread calls for a setup with potential losses of 107R and 54B (totalling 161 units) that have production time of 120 min in a L5 barrack, where as the alternative that you dislike have a potential unit loss of 44R 101B (totalling 145 units) and their production time is 107 minutes and 12 seconds, that is it's 12 minutes and 48 seconds _faster_ , a compromise is the following MMA setup 57R 88B 74XB 1K, which also have a 145 unit loss, but more recs vs bows, and thus slightly faster to rebuild. (104 m 36s)

So indeed neither of your 2 cited reasons are relevant.

That said, there is a very relevant difference which is that you need an additional MMA to make use of the guide with the higher bowman losses, which is nice if you have it, but then if you do, you're probably better off anyhow sacrificing it on Red 1, so your second wave can contain cavalry (But I havn't borthered to check this yet, so it's just a guess), if correct it means you really need 3 MMAs to use a MMA attack on Red 4.
    Last edited by Vopicus; 03.08.15 at 05:11.

Flesh Eating Mushroom Keen Commentor SwampHen's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Thanks for the guide, I'm back playing RB too with the lower losses. I love the version with bows too, thanks Aliccis for sharing.

With camp C1, I am first using an MMA/1R suicide, and then MG 30R/240C. Reduces losses by 45R or so.
    Last edited by SwampHen; 31.08.15 at 03:15.
    Deathcap - The Flesh-Eating Mushroom from the Create-An-Enemy Contest 2013

Reply to Thread