Reply to Thread

Thread: Adventure Suggestions - Transport limits and walking

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Lightbulb Adventure Suggestions - Transport limits and walking

A couple of things I find repetitive and dull about adventures
    1. Sending troops. It takes ages to get all your troops over there since you can only currently use your Generals to do it (as far as I know). This is bad enough on the small ones that need a few hundred, but the big ones that need thousands this becomes boring. The Expeditions got a special extra troop transporter, why can't the Adventures have one. Or better yet, just let us specify how many of each we want to send and send them en masse in the same way they come back at the end (up to the limit of how many we've got, of course). Basically, keep the fight limits on generals, but lose the transport limit.
    2. Generals walking around the adventure map. I know this is used to time blocks and other such time/troop-saving stuff, but it gets repetitive after a while - especially if the boss is a long way from the border you are using. Once you have your general(s) in motion, some kind of fight Fast Forward/Results would help. Obviously, you risk the unexpected interruption by doing this (which you might have been able to retreat from if you are watching it), but that's the risk you'd take.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    1 Already got this, it's called a Quartermaster general.
    2 Since adventures were first introduce they have added new generals with a raft of ability's, yet one thing they have not done in all this time is make available a galloping general. I'm guessing this is one of the skills that they want to include in general science. Given what happened when we got marshals they know that if it's bugged it will prevent players from doing adventures for ever how long it would take to fix it. This would be such a game breaker they may as well start updating their CV's.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by RobD View Post
    A couple of things I find repetitive and dull about adventures
    1. Sending troops. It takes ages to get all your troops over there since you can only currently use your Generals to do it (as far as I know). This is bad enough on the small ones that need a few hundred, but the big ones that need thousands this becomes boring. The Expeditions got a special extra troop transporter, why can't the Adventures have one. Or better yet, just let us specify how many of each we want to send and send them en masse in the same way they come back at the end (up to the limit of how many we've got, of course). Basically, keep the fight limits on generals, but lose the transport limit.
    2. Generals walking around the adventure map. I know this is used to time blocks and other such time/troop-saving stuff, but it gets repetitive after a while - especially if the boss is a long way from the border you are using. Once you have your general(s) in motion, some kind of fight Fast Forward/Results would help. Obviously, you risk the unexpected interruption by doing this (which you might have been able to retreat from if you are watching it), but that's the risk you'd take.
    Then don't do adventures. Problem solved.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Another valuable input above, lol.

What I would be willing to use gems to buy is a buff to make generals walk faster when transferring across the map.

World
    Sandycove
    Sorry - I'm cynical on Mondays.
    I think some kind of option/buff/skill to allow a general to sometimes move faster would be a cool idea. Options are always good. However I feel that the pace of the walking is also something of the "discipline"? of doing adventures... something about the nature of them. One must be patient and just surviving that (and thereby being limited on how many can be cranked out in a day) seems a kind of reward to me. If I manage to do X number of them before I can't take it anymore that in itself is an accomplishment.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread