Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trade confirmation message

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle

Trade confirmation message

i know bb doesn't allow naming and shaming and I can understand why, but how about letting us suggest names (and reasons) to bb that only they can add to a list on the forum.

I've just misclicked and payed about 7 times more than I needed to for an item. a few days ago a guy bought a fish thinking it was for an ls, but no.... it was just a fish! I see offers all the time that are obviously designed to catch newbies out.

the new shield that puts up 10 random names (supposedly pvp players, but who cares enough to actually check it out) could link to this list. really handy being right next to the to on screen

World
    Northisle
    well you can't blame people for stupidity.... why buy something without knowing what you're buying... ls are offered on trade so if you want to buy it check the name of the seller before buying... if someone bates people kudos to them for being smart... It's not something i agree or encourage, but no one is making you buy anything...

As for wrongfully clicking... well everyone does it one time or another... learn with the mistake and pay more attention next time.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    sometimes I wonder why ppl bother with the effort to write a reply

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    thank you smurf, a sensible reply rather than another troll. I'm not really talking about scammers, ppl are allowed to set their own prices after all. it would just be nice to know who asks ridic prices so we could all avoid them and it may cut them down a lot.

still a very useful link tho, so thank you again

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Not all stupid prices are intentional, it's quite common to see that somebody either forgot a 0 or added one by mistake. You don't provide us with enough information for us to judge if that fish was just a mistake or malice.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    I have at times had my finger slip on the numeric keypad and offered a price of 1501 instead of 150 and didn't notice it. That certainly happens.

There are times I think though that someone is offering 1 fish for 1000 gold coin or something, and it's my opinion they are hoping someone reads the trade backwards and think they are getting a fantastic deal! (Um - I've gotten caught by that myself - oops)

While I don't think offering such "trick" trades is very ethical, it's really buyer beware. And some of these trades might be deals between players that are not on each others friends lists or haven't been there for a day yet.

Bottom line: You are responsible for what you accept in the TO so read carefully. You can't know other the reasons or motives of other people, so there's not much else you can do.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    thank you smurf, a sensible reply rather than another troll. I'm not really talking about scammers, ppl are allowed to set their own prices after all. it would just be nice to know who asks ridic prices so we could all avoid them and it may cut them down a lot.

still a very useful link tho, so thank you again
    Sure i'm trolling... of course i am... i gave my opinion and replyed to your 2 points... i don't agree with them... of course i'm a troll... Internet mentality this days is at a high standard of nonsense... thats a given.

I'll even add up that if someone puts a high price on something... just don't buy it, compare prices and think to you what is a decent price you're willing to pay for what you're looking, if you don't like the price don't buy. Just like RL. Also like somene said sometimes people make mistakes while trading not only asking too much but also sometimes asking less then they should... we make mistakes everyone does... we learn with them and next time we'll be more carefull if not... shame on us.

We are all responsable for our acts, we can't expect someone else to hold our hands...
    Last edited by Fanfas; 31.07.15 at 04:11.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Xibor, Dorotheus yep, I've done all those mistakes on more than 1 occasion. How about a more informative confirmation message?..

Are you sure you want to buy 100 copper ore from ImmaBandit for 1200 beans, YES or NO?

World
    Newfoundland
    The problem with this is that it will be abused, there will be a section of people that will use it to “black list” or force out certain traders that have not committed any offence, as they are competition or unlike for what ever reason.

During the twentieth anniversary event some players got very nasty with others, due to their refusal to donate resources, on the grounds of not wanting to participate in said event. This resulted in a lot of negative trade tactics and general bullying. If something like a list came into player there is the potential for that

Anything that has a degree of community involvement has the potential to be abused but BB has to sort of draw the line somewhere, it is why they sort of wash their hands of things like trade sheets and selling lootspots, so if things do go pear shaped with them they can say “well that is something we are not involved in”

Donkey trades are all part of this game though, you will never find a player on here that has not gotten stung in some way, and yes it is annoying. The idea of “do you want to purchased X for X amount Yes or No” is a good idea and should be added to the game.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Reply to Thread