Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trade confirmation message

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Please confirm your confirmation, of your last confirmation to confirm your bad trade :/
    More clicking sigh

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    How about a more informative confirmation message?..

Are you sure you want to buy 100 copper ore from ImmaBandit for 1200 beans, YES or NO?
    Would be nice
    And will probably put a break on ppl trying misleading trades as a " trick " or " scam" as the chance of success would be less.

World
    Sandycove
    Are you sure you want to buy 100 copper ore from ImmaBandit for 1200 beans, YES or NO?
    I'm not sure how this would help the situation you describe with the one fish/loot spot scam, so would not be supportive of extra clicking in trade. I agree with others in just being careful when trading or be prepared to take the consequences. I keep my own list of `iffy traders' who I `tend' not to buy from, and when I buy very `cheap' trades I always return them if the seller confirms it as a mistake. For genuine scammers screen shots are the players friend a long side the report button
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Goafer View Post
    Please confirm your confirmation, of your last confirmation to confirm your bad trade :/
    More clicking sigh
    +1

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Goafer View Post
    More clicking sigh
    yeh more clicking is what we want goaf more clicking = more fun

World
    Sandycove
    +1 to a confirmation message. That would not hurt any deal you truly want and might wake you up if you are making a mistake.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Newfoundland
    Such a list will never be allowed on the European English forum as it can indeed be abused and we have a different solution for dealing with proved scammers: permaban.

However, since the conversation slipped towards a viable suggestion, I will rename the thread and move it to Game Suggestions.

World
    Newfoundland

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    The last thing this game needs is more unnecessary clicking.
    More confirmation is required for gem expenditures, for sure, because real money can be involved.
    Trades on the TO are just pixels. If you make a mistake then learn from it and be more careful in future.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    The way I see it is, if your not paying enough attention to notice that the trade you are about to accept is undesirable then no amount of confirmation is going to change that. We also have the problem that this sort of suggestion is one where if implemented will increase the load on the server, so it becomes a balancing act between something which may prevent a silly trade from happening occasionally but which increases lag for all and doing nothing and having a better server response with the risk of a stupid loss in trade now and again.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread