Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: more information in guild log

World
    Sandycove

more information in guild log

It would be helpfull for all guild members if it is possible to give also information about the guild quest in guild log.
    When the main guild quest is completed and also when it's cancelled and who has cancelled it.
    All guild members can read the guild log and also which guild quest is cancelled.

Hope BB can consider if it is possible.

Cheers, Iris2506

PS: this is all about the main guild quest
    Last edited by Iris2506; 05.08.15 at 16:54. Reason: reply from players
    It's me the guildleader of the greenisle warriors
    to join mail me in game or with private message ^_^

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/g...achmentid=4940

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    It would also help if the information from the previous quest was still available as currently going by the log it's impossible to know who the last person to complete it was as that information is overwritten as soon as the quest is completed.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Iris2506 View Post
    When the guild quest is completed...
    It would be extremely helpful if an entry of that nature also mentioned who was the last to finish it.

By way of example:
    02/08/2015: Guild Quest 'The Honey Thief' was completed by Madorosu.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    And, last online date...

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Sorry, but i have to disagree with this one. Guild quest as it stands right now is requested from many guilds to be done on daily basis as chore, rather than being something to glue that group together. That is probably based on design which was used and its forcing people into serious stalking who made gq last time, reporting in if you have done it, who is taking ride and is not participating and many more issues. Like proposed log changes. Those are only solution to that bad design.

There can be done better job just by changing it. At the moment personal reward is like 15% of whole gc gain you get from gq. Turn that around so you get big part from your personal and those 15% are rewarded to all active players (awarded upon completation, to prevent cancal-abuse maybe). Change the gq into weekly thing with gc rewards and requirements ramping up appropriately. Maybe pool those things all together per guild, make categories of interchangeable quests (like add fish/add meat) so player may chose which one will (s)he be doing.
    And many more better things you can come up. Not a log who made gq for past week ...

I am glad that game doesnt have it implemented in easy-to-use way even if I do agree there is need to take some actions on those who dont do gq as equally as other or are taking the full ride. No such thing in a game, thank you very much.
    Last edited by Aliccis; 03.08.15 at 02:19.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    The guild log is just a tool. A knife is just a tool, in the hands of a skilled surgeon it can save many lives, in the hands of a madman it can take many lives.

From the tone of your post it looks like you have had a bad experience, but don,t blame the tools. All we are asking is that BB provide us with the information we should have already been getting so as to enable us to make an informed judgement. You are asking for us to make judgements based on ignorance.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    An overhaul of the guild quest system is a different issue. It has been the subject of much debate across several other threads and I would be swift to agree that one is badly needed. However, that's not what this thread is about.

This is about providing information about the guild quests in the guild log. Whether or not the guild quests are overhauled is irrelevant to that because, either way, the kind of information the OP is requesting to be included in the log would be useful information to have for many guild leaders and their officers.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Doesn't all this extra information overload the servers and lead indirectly to more lag issues?
    Those who have power to cancel the guild quest also have the power to send a guild mail or make a post in the guild's forum or similar. That addresses half of the issue.

As for the rest, different guilds will want different information. I for example would want to know when the GQ became active and who had regularly not completed it within 2 days. But also information about how active guild-mates are. Why not charge us a fee in guild coins to obtain a mass of data by email or link. There will be plenty of players who will get satisfaction from crafting tools for the rest of us to use to analyse the data?

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    Also, guild quests need an opt-out of reset during maintenance, as BB don't seem to be able to fix the bug (since 2012) that stops some guilds getting the guild quest.

Its a problem for some guilds that can't get their guild quest completed by the time maintenance starts for whatever reason, and fall short by 1 or 2 players or the maintenance team forgets to perform maintenance and players don't bother with the guild quest thinking it will get reset.
    It affects guilds that had a guild quest with a waiting guild quest, and after the maintenance and reset have no guild quest at all. The opt-out would allow them to finish the 2 guild quests they had before maintenance.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    The guild log is just a tool. A knife is just a tool, in the hands of a skilled surgeon it can save many lives, in the hands of a madman it can take many lives.

From the tone of your post it looks like you have had a bad experience, but don,t blame the tools. All we are asking is that BB provide us with the information we should have already been getting so as to enable us to make an informed judgement. You are asking for us to make judgements based on ignorance.
    Oh, I hope not. I am asking you not to call for surgeon with knife to cut down the last standing tree that should have been taken down by lumberjack crew. This isnt about bad experience, this is about calling for tools to solve problems that should never be there in the first place. Someone has been sloppy and designed system where not participating is offering biggest reward to work ratio and you are asking for tools to log that. I say no, you should ask for revisit of such design and changing the policy. It should have been something more in line you participated, you got bigger reward, you did not, you got smaller one. Something that BY DESIGN promotes doing such quests if you want the rewards.

The way I see it other requests are in very similar fashion, although i have not mentioned them in my previous post. If someone finished the quest, whats the point of having such info posted somewhere, when guild quest system works as intended ? Or when the quest started ? This all seems to be some kind of hotfix for BB imcompetency to fix the delivery system of quild quests and their proper functioning when numbers in guild are changing. As the guild quest reset has been for some time now.

Well, you want the log that says you when someone finished the quest and when you have been delivered new one ? I am fine with that. But I would much rather have the whole system fixed so you dont need such cruches along the way of doing guild quests.

Reply to Thread