Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: more information in guild log

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliccis View Post
    But I would much rather have the whole system fixed so you dont need such cruches along the way of doing guild quests.
    Then I suggest that you post your ideas in a thread that is actually discussing changing the guild quests, such as this one.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliccis View Post
    Oh, I hope not. I am asking you not to call for surgeon with knife to cut down the last standing tree that should have been taken down by lumberjack crew. This isnt about bad experience, this is about calling for tools to solve problems that should never be there in the first place. Someone has been sloppy and designed system where not participating is offering biggest reward to work ratio and you are asking for tools to log that. I say no, you should ask for revisit of such design and changing the policy. It should have been something more in line you participated, you got bigger reward, you did not, you got smaller one. Something that BY DESIGN promotes doing such quests if you want the rewards.

The way I see it other requests are in very similar fashion, although i have not mentioned them in my previous post. If someone finished the quest, whats the point of having such info posted somewhere, when guild quest system works as intended ? Or when the quest started ? This all seems to be some kind of hotfix for BB imcompetency to fix the delivery system of quild quests and their proper functioning when numbers in guild are changing. As the guild quest reset has been for some time now.

Well, you want the log that says you when someone finished the quest and when you have been delivered new one ? I am fine with that. But I would much rather have the whole system fixed so you dont need such cruches along the way of doing guild quests.
    Since you have not asked me, you don't know why I want that information, as I pointed out it can be used for good reasons or bad. As you are unwilling to understand that and would much rather carry on with your personal crusade I see no point in attempting to educate you to see otherwise. Good day, don't call us we will call you.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    My guild has come up with it's own information sheet used by the officers, as we find the current guild quest log far too limited, here is just a small portion of it:

We have to enter who has done gq manually, so as people have pointed out, if someone is the last to complete, we quite often do not know who the last one was. Would be great if even just that was added to the guild log.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Madorosu View Post
    Then I suggest that you post your ideas in a thread that is actually discussing changing the guild quests, such as this one.
    Sorry, but that thread is about changes to guild quests themselves. This is more about how it is done and why. I am fine being here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Since you have not asked me, you don't know why I want that information, as I pointed out it can be used for good reasons or bad. As you are unwilling to understand that and would much rather carry on with your personal crusade I see no point in attempting to educate you to see otherwise. Good day, don't call us we will call you.
    I did. If its not obvious : whats the point of having such info posted somewhere
    If you are not comfortable with the way how I use it in my text flow, sorry about that too. Its just how I roll, I expect you to tell me your side of story, not beat around the bushes. Also see answer for Kit_.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    My guild has come up with it's own information sheet used by the officers, as we find the current guild quest log far too limited, here is just a small portion of it:
    We have to enter who has done gq manually, so as people have pointed out, if someone is the last to complete, we quite often do not know who the last one was. Would be great if even just that was added to the guild log.
    So how do you get the info about those who are not last to complete guild quest? You have someone to check the roster in some time frames? Or upon call in guild chat ?
    My point is, if there are say three more people to finish the limit, and they do not report they finished the guild quest, how do you know these three did it ? If its time span, you can miss them out same way you miss your last one now, if its calls, you just dont have confirmation he was the last one for dispute if more then one are claiming the "last" tag, but then what was the point of calls ?
    Either way, it surely helps to have more info, I am just thinking that the need for such info is the bad design on game's side.

World
    Sandycove
    I adjusted my post.
    This is all going about the main guild quest. When is the main guild quest completed and when it's cancelled
    It's me the guildleader of the greenisle warriors
    to join mail me in game or with private message ^_^

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/g...achmentid=4940

Reply to Thread