Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: Levels 50-75

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    As a 60yr old player I reckon I will be dead and buried long before level 75 becomes an option.

The sad thing is that BB introduced this new material, in a rush, as they were losing players who had been level 50 for some time. Clearly part of the discussion at meetings would have been how to retain those players. Some 'bright spark' came up with the idea of new levels etc but no-one seems to have though it through fully or the implications to the game.

As soon as XXL came online the level 50's started doing wall to wall FT adventures, paying silly prices for lootspots in the hope of quests for the extra xp which they provide. Soon those players started to hit level 62 and then saw nothing left in front of them bar the daily grind for xp with level 75 a very long distance dream.

So where is the game going? The loss of players will probably increase. Why? The lower/mid-range players who have always relied on the higher levels in guilds for loot spots for quests etc have found that supply has vanished as the 50+ are now working on FT and Alibabas. As a result the game will begin to lose level 50+ who are bored with the silly xp needed for level 75, the mid-range players will become frustrated as they no longer have the old supply of free loot spots to help them along, and the new players will be receiving far less support as the higher level players are occupied themselves.

The only saving grace for the game may be that once players hit level 62 there is no new content beyond that so they may keep playing and go back to providing the in-game support - or they may just quit again having returned when friends told them about the 'fantastic' new content (And lets be honest here, it's not all that fantastic really, a few new adventures, a bit more space, and some extra resource mines - was it really worth all the hype thrown at it?)

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    As a 60yr old player I reckon I will be dead and buried long before level 75 becomes an option.

The sad thing is that BB introduced this new material, in a rush, as they were losing players who had been level 50 for some time. Clearly part of the discussion at meetings would have been how to retain those players. Some 'bright spark' came up with the idea of new levels etc but no-one seems to have though it through fully or the implications to the game.

As soon as XXL came online the level 50's started doing wall to wall FT adventures, paying silly prices for lootspots in the hope of quests for the extra xp which they provide. Soon those players started to hit level 62 and then saw nothing left in front of them bar the daily grind for xp with level 75 a very long distance dream.

So where is the game going? The loss of players will probably increase. Why? The lower/mid-range players who have always relied on the higher levels in guilds for loot spots for quests etc have found that supply has vanished as the 50+ are now working on FT and Alibabas. As a result the game will begin to lose level 50+ who are bored with the silly xp needed for level 75, the mid-range players will become frustrated as they no longer have the old supply of free loot spots to help them along, and the new players will be receiving far less support as the higher level players are occupied themselves.

The only saving grace for the game may be that once players hit level 62 there is no new content beyond that so they may keep playing and go back to providing the in-game support - or they may just quit again having returned when friends told them about the 'fantastic' new content (And lets be honest here, it's not all that fantastic really, a few new adventures, a bit more space, and some extra resource mines - was it really worth all the hype thrown at it?)
    Big like

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Reach the max level, people complain.
    Can't reach the max level, people complain.

I suppose they could play the psychological trick of unlocking 5 levels at a time so you are always at max level, but only for a day before the next 5 get unlocked. Or not play that game and just say: Here ya go, plan how you want to spend the time.

After all, this is a game where you plan around months or years, not a game where you rush to max level and start hunting around for 'end game' activity.

That being said, the limited gains one makes after level 60 or so seem to make the last 15 levels a minor point. However, there is a chance they could introduce more content for those levels only. Also possibility of level 60+ quests that give even more XP.

And if they don't, and you don't like to go 'slow', no reason to continue after 60, just kick back and enjoy other aspects of the game (fiddling with your economy, chatting with friends, doing the events, etc.)

Now, if you want to talk about limited game content other than grinding the same adventure for XP... that's a fair point but a point for another thread

World
    Sandycove
    guys just remember its only a game you dont have to play if dont want to
    there are plenty of us that will go for lvl75 even if it takes years lol
    it seems most here think it should be a easy ride, well we all moaned about how easy lvl50 was so now they done what we asked and your all moaning still
    i do agree it was rushed the XXL pack but lets be honest now we all have a game we can keep playing for a long time to come
    stop moaning and just play
    if you dont like it dont play it lol

kind regards
    god666

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by lordlocoon
    That.
    I'm just lv57 at the moment, not paying moolah for some extra XP, but already sitting on an ever-growing pile of Beans, Platinum and Mahogany Wood with no way to actually make any meaningful progress any more.
    I can produce elite resources (Platinum Swords, War Horses, Arquebus, Mortar) much faster than I can consume them (Elite Barracks *3 buffed) so there's really no way to meaningfully upgrade my island.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    >62

As of today:
    A: Exponentially more difficult to achieve
    B: Pointless anyway as there's no content

For the future: This leaves plenty of scope for further expansion in XXL part 2 (and 3 and 4 etc) by:

A: Adding adventures that give more xp (or other method of increased xp)
    B: Adding content at levels >62 that people want

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Both TotoMok and god666 seem to misunderstand what I am saying. I don't want it to 'be easy and I am not moaning about 'not reaching the maximum level', some of us aren't that anal, what I am pointing out is that BB may have actually shot themselves in the foot by not fully considering the consequences of XXL. If we are taking the time to write here we clearly enjoy the game - yes we all know it is a game - what some of us are concerned about is whether the game is in danger of a slow death.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    For the future: This leaves plenty of scope for further expansion in XXL part 2 (and 3 and 4 etc) by:

A: Adding adventures that give more xp (or other method of increased xp)
    B: Adding content at levels >62 that people want
    I hope it's not "A", because frankly, I don't care for an adventure giving 5 million XP if the only point is having gained 5 million XP --- it would just devalue the meaning of lv75 if anyone could achieve it as "easily" as people achieved lv50 pre-fairytale.
    To me, and I know I can't speak for everyone there, making meaningful progress on upgrading my island is a relevant motivator.

As it stands now, the only things I could do is:
    * build more low-level buildings: But why should I? I make more bread and weapons to run fairytales as often as I log in.
    * build more high-level buildings (except Residences): But why should I? I reached level 54 around Christmas and already have more Platinum Swords than I'll use in a year - not to mention I can build arquebus quicker than I can make Marksmen in my barracks.
    * build more residences: Let's ignore the level 70 residence - the best residences come from adventures - so I don't need any resources any more.
    * build those level 70 residences: Well, they are no better than Witch Towers - so, why should I (even bother getting level 70) - I'd rather invest in more Witch Towers, so see above at point #3.

Aside from that, my main problem is that my island is crowded - I have very few building spots left and no matter how many beans, grout and mahogany items I acquire, I can't build much more than 30 additional buildings before running out of space. My only option is waiting for holiday buildings with x3 production which replace my level6 current buildings. But even then: What for? For something I don't need?

We would seriously need some level 57+ content which actually affects how the game is played.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Reality check please.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread