Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Levels 50-75

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    i can't blame BB if they make them available again at lvl 75. Starcoins were introduced to replace xp at lvl 50 and we get xp again. So they would need to come up with new stuff again, when people reach lvl 75. That wouldn't make sense
    Tho i will be disappointed if we can't spend them anymore. I will have a large amount that will sit doing nothing for a while

World
    Sandycove
    Personally, I think it would be cool to have to get to level 75 without the epic buffs - a lot of us got to level 50 even without premium, and it was only once we reached that tier we started getting bored.

So for BB to introduce the extra levels only to have us buff kill our way through a lot of it seems pretty pointless IMHO. What will people do once they have reached Level 75 so fast? I'm guessing the forum will again be full of players complaining that the game has become stale and boring, as I previously have..

Whatever BB decide on this, I'm totally looking forward to all the new content as it's been a long time coming. This time though, I'm going to venture into it more slowly and enjoy it while I can

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I hope all they mean is that the conversion of xp to stars will stop as by default you are getting xp again.
    Surely no need to do anything as the game mechanics *should* stop the conversion as you are again allowed to get xp.

Would allow people to still spend the star coins they have earn't, until they run out, or hit 75 and start getting more again.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    Personally, I think it would be cool to have to get to level 75 without the epic buffs - a lot of us got to level 50 even without premium, and it was only once we reached that tier we started getting bored.

So for BB to introduce the extra levels only to have us buff kill our way through a lot of it seems pretty pointless IMHO. What will people do once they have reached Level 75 so fast? I'm guessing the forum will again be full of players complaining that the game has become stale and boring, as I previously have..

Whatever BB decide on this, I'm totally looking forward to all the new content as it's been a long time coming. This time though, I'm going to venture into it more slowly and enjoy it while I can
    If they keep the rate of increase from current levels, you´ll need hundreds of millions of XP to get to lvl75. That´s anything, but fast, even with premium. If they just seal the epic items, we wont be able to buy them for years to come. No point of doing that. Especially for kill buffs.
    Last edited by alakama789; 12.08.15 at 16:28.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Killemall View Post
    I hope all they mean is that the conversion of xp to stars will stop as by default you are getting xp again.
    Surely no need to do anything as the game mechanics *should* stop the conversion as you are again allowed to get xp.

Would allow people to still spend the star coins they have earn't, until they run out, or hit 75 and start getting more again.
    However people would whine when others can buy nukes and one day premiums and others can't. They might just auto convert star coins back to xp and nothing have a word about it. No one could then whine that I can't use my star coins and no one can whine that others can buy stuff.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by alakama789 View Post
    If they keep the rate of increase from current levels, you´ll need hundreds of millions of XP to get to lvl75. That´s anything, but fast, even with premium. If they just seal the epic items, we wont be able to buy them for years to come. No point of doing that. Especially for kill buffs.
    does it matter if it takes years ? That's years of playing for something
    Like Jollyfog says, a lot of us went to 50 without premium. Also without help of a guild, filled with lvl 50 members.
    I like the thought of it all not being easy, but to work for it

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    However people would whine when others can buy nukes and one day premiums and others can't. They might just auto convert star coins back to xp and nothing have a word about it. No one could then whine that I can't use my star coins and no one can whine that others can buy stuff.
    oh no way to convert starcoins into xp !!!!
    i really don't want millions of xp straight away !!!

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by inyi View Post
    oh no way to convert starcoins into xp !!!!
    i really don't want millions of xp straight away !!!
    There is not much other fair thing to do then. Everyone starting from same fresh lvl50 would be nice but then people would whine if they can't use the thousands of star coins they have next half a year or two if the level xp progression pattern is repeated.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Simple solution, new items for starcoins at level 75

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well, on the thin information we have to go on, this is what should have happened years ago and was asked for again and again in this very place.
    I would welcome it with open arms IF it had followed on from a specific point in time.
    It looks like BB are belatedly coming around to returning to the core Settlers game we loved, but the interim messes they've created are not going to make this easy.
    The star coins topic has already been aired quite well, and any transition is going to be messy and probably please nobody, perhaps the least objectionable path would be to retain them as loot from adventures, and maybe lock out their use on the newer adventures?
    Guild Quests, have got to be rebalanced. Nothing has ripped apart guilds more than these. The constant spamming of the same few adventures, especially when unavailable to obtain in the shop, the "out of level" quests where Level 46 players are expected to pay resources they cannot actually produce until Level 48 or higher are two of the most destructive. There should be an "opt-out", where a player passes on a quest and does not get ggcs as we can't all be chained to our computers 24/7.
    So many bugs to address, some so old they are probably starting school!
    With the expansion islands, does this make the shotfirer redundant? If so, can we have the old graphics back on our islands please? The new ones look horrible, square mountains and the complete loss of all detail in the lake south of "Golem Island" just to accomodate a grotty 1x1 tower which leads me to the 1 thing that really has to go. It's a failure, it does not work properly, it isn't PvP by any stretch of the imagination, and has no part in this game. Give it up as a bad job please, and make adventure loot worthwhile again. We're going to need it for the new levels. When I bought a year's premium, I expected the benefits to last a year, not to be taken away after just 7 months.
    Last edited by Nogbad; 12.08.15 at 19:41.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Reply to Thread