Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Has PVP improved enough to take it seriously?

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

Has PVP improved enough to take it seriously?

Hello all,

Just want to ask those of you that regularly play PVP, have most of the problems/bugs been ironed out so that I can look at it more seriously?

Thx, R.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    The blocking bug makes it useless/annoying if you only go for the xp. I mean the one that you currently only get xp for the stuff you kill but not for the camps that die with the leader so basically you don't use any blocker units and result is significantly more losses.
    Last edited by Mannerheim; 05.08.15 at 07:22.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    PVP has been improved a lot. Right now is more enjoyable and can actually be profitable.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Retreating is still a major pain (read as un-usable) even when lag is at its lowest.
    Might want to leave it until after they update to the version where the retreat button activates with marshall window open... if you plan on tactically using retreat while playing.

Even with that (and xp for kills only) I prefer the current PvP to the normal slow rinse-and-repeat adventures.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just need to watch out for the dog camps currently, some are buggy and its advisable to attack dog camps one at a time, however granite and titan ore colonies are very profitable, a Saltpeter colony would be handy to get though.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    The blocking bug makes it useless/annoying if you only go for the xp. I mean the one that you currently only get xp for the stuff you kill but not for the camps that die with the leader so basically you don't use any blocker units and result is significantly more losses.
    I dont think its a bug or did they agree that this is bug somewhere ? Because there is several ways to play PVP. I mean EFF/XP/Time. Witch way you pick has diff style on playing it. I played all July for EFF and i use lot of block units in the end of colony i always had 1 general alive and all medic pack used. So if they make that you get XP same as in normal adv they would merge those playing styles at least there wont be XP style or EFF it will be both in same kind. (if you get it what im talking about )

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by ViliusV View Post
    I dont think its a bug or did they agree that this is bug somewhere ? Because there is several ways to play PVP. I mean EFF/XP/Time. Witch way you pick has diff style on playing it. I played all July for EFF and i use lot of block units in the end of colony i always had 1 general alive and all medic pack used. So if they make that you get XP same as in normal adv they would merge those playing styles at least there wont be XP style or EFF it will be both in same kind. (if you get it what im talking about )
    I think corona said in some other thread that support said it's a bug. Majority of people doing these don't care about the leaderboards and they only want level up to get the gems and blocking will just slow them currently.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    I think corona said in some other thread that support said it's a bug. Majority of people doing these don't care about the leaderboards and they only want level up to get the gems and blocking will just slow them currently.
    I think that might be the case why its working this way they dont want us to get lvl30 to fast. And this is best way to calculate how much time you will need to get that lvl30 with XP system we got now.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    thanks for all the advise so far.

Flesh Eating Mushroom Keen Commentor SwampHen's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Not much to add except agreement for
    - something a bit funny sometimes with war dog camps (you don't get those until tier 3), particularly 40/40/40 ones. They do give excellent XP though.
    - xp works differently to the normal adventures, you don't get xp for camps cleared by killing the leader, only the camps you kill directly. However I still use blocking to attack a leader, if I can clear a sector with lower losses that way. It's not all about xp.
    - it definitely is for fun more than for profit. I think it's fun, and a great variation that adds another way to play.
    Deathcap - The Flesh-Eating Mushroom from the Create-An-Enemy Contest 2013

Reply to Thread