Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: That GamesCom time of year...

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle

That GamesCom time of year...

So, now that GamesCom has rolled round again, I am reminded of Q&A sessions from last year's Convention that were reported on the German website, Seidler-Vision:

Session One
    Session Two

Now I am relying heavily on Google translate because my German is atrocious, but it seems that these articles reported that:
    • The issue of too many adventures in Guild Quests would be considered and possibly altered.
    • The chances of finding platters, sandwiches and baskets in artefact searches would be reduced in order to include new buffs.
    • The expensive prices of items in the guild market would be reduced.
    • The science tree for Generals was on hold pending introduction of the new combat system.
    • The Guild Bank is on the waiting list due to technical issues but it should be available in the medium to long term.

So, one year on, I guess it would be nice if we could get an update on when/if we can expect to see these actually happening?

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    I'd bet those have been forgotten or scrapped like most older dev diarys which some of us were waiting for and hoping to see.

Was the loot nerf or daily quest rework mentioned?

There are so many ways they can improve the game, many things in place they can add to (new quest chains, achievements etc.)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Be nicer if BB/Ubi were to put a full translation of all the Q and A sessions on the forum for the many, many, thousands who are unable to attend for simple geographic reasons......We cannot attend but would like the information too, not just the few who got to gamescom
    Last edited by MOD_Bauchan1; 07.08.15 at 14:22.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Was the loot nerf or daily quest rework mentioned?
    Neither of those were mentioned, as far as I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Be nicer if BB/Ubi were to put a full translation of all the Q and A sessions on the forum for the many, many, thousands who are unable to attend...
    Indeed, one would have thought it was in their best interests to keep potential customers informed like that...

However, I will say that there are many things mentioned in these sessions that have since made it to the live version, such as barracks changes, rock removal, scenarios and the button to unload all units from a general. The list in my original post is of stuff they claimed was in the pipeline (or at least to be seriously considered) about which we haven't heard anything further since, at least as far as I am aware.

World
    Newfoundland
    the new info from gamescom this year, german links and translation:
    forum.thesettlersonline.com/threads/31208-Feedback-Ali-Baba-Epic-Raids?p=283878&viewfull=1#post283878

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    So, now that GamesCom has rolled round again, I am reminded of Q&A sessions from last year's Convention that were reported on the German website, Seidler-Vision:

Session One
    Session Two

Now I am relying heavily on Google translate because my German is atrocious, but it seems that these articles reported that:
    • The issue of too many adventures in Guild Quests would be considered and possibly altered.
    • The chances of finding platters, sandwiches and baskets in artefact searches would be reduced in order to include new buffs.
    • The expensive prices of items in the guild market would be reduced.
    • The science tree for Generals was on hold pending introduction of the new combat system.
    • The Guild Bank is on the waiting list due to technical issues but it should be available in the medium to long term.

So, one year on, I guess it would be nice if we could get an update on when/if we can expect to see these actually happening?
    Skill tree for general will be very bad. players will support that idea, because will be some good things, but they will also later complain how they can't play adventures without guide.
    what you think how many guide maker will again make new guides?

same player who first support skill tree for general, will first leave game
    BB don't understand their own game

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by corona88 View Post
    Skill tree for general will be very bad. players will support that idea, because will be some good things, but they will also later complain how they can't play adventures without guide.
    I can't say I disagree with that logic, but that's really the subject of a different debate. I am am merely pointing out that things were promised, over a year ago now, that have yet to come to pass and I don't think it's unreasonable to request an update on them and if/how they figure into the big plans afoot on the test server right now.

Specifically in regards to the science tree for Generals, I know some folks have been building up a hoard of books ready for them, based in part upon the Q&A from last year's Gamescom. Personally, I am in a situation where I shall have all my Explorers and Geologists fully skilled relatively soon and am starting to wonder whether the General and Island science trees are actually ever going to arrive.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by corona88 View Post
    what you think how many guide maker will again make new guides?
    I find this a bit funny.. Guide makers complaining about changes.. Let's see..

Mr "never-update-any-of-his-guides" Evil_J did quit making guides because tailor advs got revamped last autumn.
    Mr "quick-maker-slow-updater-of-one-version-fit-just-some" corona88 keeps warning about less versions of guides being made.

What about Polymer and Tage?
    They DO make and update multiple versions of guides.. Where are they complaining?
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    I find this a bit funny.. Guide makers complaining about changes.. Let's see..

Mr "never-update-any-of-his-guides" Evil_J did quit making guides because tailor advs got revamped last autumn.
    Mr "quick-maker-slow-updater-of-one-version-fit-just-some" corona88 keeps warning about less versions of guides being made.

What about Polymer and Tage?
    They DO make and update multiple versions of guides.. Where are they complaining?
    making all exist guide worthless is a bad thing. not important who make that guides. players use wiki guide and from other site. players learn playing using that guides. they will need to find new guide, they will must be careful about books.

i apologise to you, because i think on every part of game and how that can reflect on game. at least i give my opinion what can happen
    i don't see your opinion about this.
    how general skill tree will reflect on game and what can happen?

this is not your or my game. not important what is good for me or you. only important is what is good for game
    BB don't understand their own game

Reply to Thread