Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle

New skills for generals.

Do we know anything yet?

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    If I'm right, it will come, probably by science system. Nothing else.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    Yeah, that's what I got.
    Might I suggest some study material for our generals then.
    Surprise attack: gives an extra round at the start of the battle where all units under his command fight one round before the actual battle starts.
    Manoeuvring: allows you to give this general a waypoint, so he can avoid interception.
    Medical units: 25 - 50 - 75% of losses will recover after the battle. They will return to the home island unaccompanied by a general, so it will take them a while to arrive.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Totally pointless expectation. The combat planing, fights, battles are the trials of the production capacity, or in other words, a possible destination of the whole economic system builded on home island. What for a general, who will win regardless of enemies and conditions? More easier and also fair asking gifts for nothing.

World
    Newfoundland
    I don't believe the skill tree has been mentioned yet, however there have been some hints towards new battle features on the test server in exchange for Star Coins.

Maybe we can expect more stuff along these lines?

Check the post by corona88 for more information
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    thanks!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by peck_ed View Post
    I don't believe the skill tree has been mentioned yet, however there have been some hints towards new battle features on the test server in exchange for Star Coins.

Maybe we can expect more stuff along these lines?

Check the post by corona88 for more information
    Personally I feel the star coin stuff is a complement to what they have planned for generals and not more of the same. More of the same would make the star coin stuff redundant, unless the hand developing star coins stuff really don't know what the hand developing science for generals is doing.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Personally I feel the star coin stuff is a complement to what they have planned for generals and not more of the same. More of the same would make the star coin stuff redundant, unless the hand developing star coins stuff really don't know what the hand developing science for generals is doing.
    I thought the hand developing the entire science tree was scratching its head, or its bottom, as when my `skilled experienced explorer' brought back 10 saltpetre today and had the gall to be pleased with himself, I figured he had used those books I gave him as toilet paper and learnt nothing

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    ...while you got the message, him skill was very influental, or what, I don't remember the exast phrase. Maybe, but probably it was restraining influence. Or him books were poetry instead of geography and mineralogy.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Upgrading Generals

From the get go there has been talk about upgrading generals, here is my suggestion of a method for doing this.

Generals can be issued with 5 medals and each medal has a specific reward
    Purple Heart - faster recovery
    Bronze Star - increased defense skills (something like 500 hitpoints)
    Silver Star - increased attack or accuracy (something like 10% more accuracy and 2x damage)
    Distinguished Service Cross - faster travel time (but not faster fight time)
    Medal of Honour - carry an additional ~10% troops

Note: award names are just a suggestion (not saying we should necessarily align to US Army medals)

Since BB already keeps track of how many adventures and wins/losses we have via the achievement system these medals could be awarded for reaching certain achievements in those areas.

For example, every 100 losses you are awarded a purple heart which you can allocate to one general.

Each general can only have one of each award.
    The valour medals (bronze, silver, DSC, MoH) require the gen to have the lower one in order to be awarded the next one, i.e. can't get a silver star without first having a bronze star.

Obviously it would be better to be linked to the specific general, i.e. when that particular gen has had 100 losses he gets a purple heart, but I doubt that BB tracks the win/loss for each specific general.

This approach prevents things from getting overly unbalanced (as would potentially happen with upgrading via books) since there is a limited number of upgrades available and this is more in line with real world.
    In the future more awards could be added or gens could be allowed to have multiple awards, perhaps even a unit award given to all gens for completing 10,000 adventures or something.

Closed Thread