Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log - 18/08/2015

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    OK. I was in an adventure just now (my barracks is upgrading so I'm not doing many), the shield over the moving general is red when he is attacking or retreating. Hovering doesn't give any information further than that

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have to zoom in very close to see if it is an arrow or a red cross on white - so really it makes no difference what so ever for me with the shields.

It would be much more usefully to be able to see if it is your own general or one of your friends and to be able to track which gen is which on the map.

Maybe it is just me who have a bad eyesight, but I doubt I am the only one who has not super eyes and a big fancy screen.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes. The only thing I want to know is whose general it is, and whether they're attacking or retreating. Neither of these can be told from what has just been added.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I wish the game could display the name of the general over their heads while moving too, and not only when standing still. That way I don't have to retreat them both when I am not sure which is in front.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes, I agree with Ketil on this.

World
    Sandycove
    Nice changes. Many were PvP so I wouldn't know about those, but I like having more control over graphics options. I don't have a problem with performance but the sector boundaries on the home island after the island was cleared I find just annoying. Now the scarecrows can't hide in the markers anymore, and I won't confuse stationary animals with a collectible.

More options for sound/graphics is always good, players like to customize.

Nicely implemented.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketil View Post
    I wish the game could display the name of the general over their heads while moving too, and not only when standing still. That way I don't have to retreat them both when I am not sure which is in front.
    +1
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

mysticme
    Love the update thanks, can now see where my general is when walking through trees if I take my eyes from screen. Also the new options is brilliant.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    "Multiple graphics can be disabled in order to get a better performance for lower-end machines."
    Doesn't really seem to make an impact on performance for me, but no more confusing a stationary deer with a collectible!

"Audio sliders for music and sound effects allow customisation of music and sound effects volume."
    Kinda wondered why this wasn't put in a long time ago, to be honest, but no more getting deafened by settlers sound effect whilst playing a video clip in another tab.

"The display of sector markers, shield icons... and names of generals can be turned on or off according to user preference"
    Goodbye horrible sector markers! Goodbye cluttered text over garrisons until I roll my cursor over it! As for the shield icons above the moving generals, I am not sure why you put these there in the first place. They don't seem to serve any useful function as far as I can see, so I turned those off as well.

Generally speaking though, these changes get a big thumbs up from me!

However, not so much for these:

"Players running the game in the background will receive a message informing them to reload when the session expires."
    I have had my login session expire when going to check out the forum and not had any in game notification that I need to reload. Either I am misinterpreting what this is supposed to mean or it's not working properly.

"Extra deposits found using the "Two Marble in One" and "Two Iron in One" skill display the correct graphic and work as intended."
    Generally speaking this is working much better, but I have had occasions where the white "tooltip" text that tells you how much is left in the marble deposit refusing to show until after I have refreshed and/or left my island and returned from a different zone.

"Chat stability is improved."
    My experience is that whilst I am still getting periods where the entire game freezes up, much like before and at a similar frequency, the length of these freezes are tending to be shorter and fewer of them are actually resulting in a total chat reset. So... improved.. yes... but still room for further improvement in order to return to the level of performance I enjoyed before 21/07.

On the whole, though, barring the population problem leading to the unfortunately timed extra 'mini-maintenance', my impression thus far is of a positive update.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Ozzymandeus; 21.08.15 at 11:11.

World
    Newfoundland
    chat is 'improved' alright! it no longer saves what global you were in when you logged out meaning you always start out in g1 at login

Reply to Thread