Reply to Thread

Thread: New General

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

New General

I have an idea for a new general.

Basically whenever you attack a camp that has enemies such as Recruit Deserters and Bowman Deserters (any enemy that has a troop counterpart) then there is a chance that a percentage, say 10%, of those enemies will not die, but will join your army. The general would probably have a troop limit of 220 and also have the same perks as the Battle Hardened General (travels twice as fast and recovers twice as quickly from a defeat).

If you have enough room in your settlers limit then they would join automatically but if you were say meant to receive 10 recruits and you have 8 settlers left, then 8 of the 10 would be automatically added and the other 2 troops would go to your star menu.

This is my idea for how the chances could work:

88% Chance - No enemies join your army
    8% Chance - 10% of the enemies join your army
    4% Chance - 15% of the enemies join your army

To put all of the above into context, lets take one of the camps from 'The Black Knights'. One of the camps has 100 Militia Deserters and 100 Longbowman Deserters. When you attack it, if you get the 10% ability mentioned above, then you would get a mixture of militia and longbowman added to your army with a total of 20. This could be 18 militia and 2 longbowman, 20 militia and 0 longbowman, or vice versa (because 100 militia deserters + 100 longbowman deserters = 200. 10% of 200 is 20). If you get the 15% ability mentioned above then you would get a mixture of militia and longbowman added to your army with a total of 30.

One another attack in The Black Knights, you are up against: 50 Cavalry Deserters, 50 Elite Soldiers Deserters, 50 Crossbowman Deserters and 1 Sir Robin. When you attack this, if you got one of the abilities above, either 10% or 15%, then you would get the chance, but the Sir Robin would not be included as there is no troop counterpart for that enemy.

I hope that all of that made sense. I will be happy to answer any of your questions!

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    could be an interesting concept I wonder if they will take it onboard

World
    Sandycove
    its a nice idea, but the complexity of it would likely totally freeze the game.

BB have mentioned in the past that a new skill tree for generals is to be designed. Maybe amongst other things, that is in the development stages now..

World
    Sandycove
    +1 to skill tree for generals.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Vloxxer View Post
    I have an idea for a new general.

Basically whenever you attack a camp that has enemies such as Recruit Deserters and Bowman Deserters (any enemy that has a troop counterpart) then there is a chance that a percentage, say 10%, of those enemies will not die, but will join your army. The general would probably have a troop limit of 220 and also have the same perks as the Battle Hardened General (travels twice as fast and recovers twice as quickly from a defeat).

If you have enough room in your settlers limit then they would join automatically but if you were say meant to receive 10 recruits and you have 8 settlers left, then 8 of the 10 would be automatically added and the other 2 troops would go to your star menu.

This is my idea for how the chances could work:

88% Chance - No enemies join your army
    8% Chance - 10% of the enemies join your army
    4% Chance - 15% of the enemies join your army

To put all of the above into context, lets take one of the camps from 'The Black Knights'. One of the camps has 100 Militia Deserters and 100 Longbowman Deserters. When you attack it, if you get the 10% ability mentioned above, then you would get a mixture of militia and longbowman added to your army with a total of 20. This could be 18 militia and 2 longbowman, 20 militia and 0 longbowman, or vice versa (because 100 militia deserters + 100 longbowman deserters = 200. 10% of 200 is 20). If you get the 15% ability mentioned above then you would get a mixture of militia and longbowman added to your army with a total of 30.

One another attack in The Black Knights, you are up against: 50 Cavalry Deserters, 50 Elite Soldiers Deserters, 50 Crossbowman Deserters and 1 Sir Robin. When you attack this, if you got one of the abilities above, either 10% or 15%, then you would get the chance, but the Sir Robin would not be included as there is no troop counterpart for that enemy.

I hope that all of that made sense. I will be happy to answer any of your questions!
    I see from your join date you started after BB removed weapons drops from adventures.I am afraid they may just see your suggestion as a backhanded way to get them back.

Another problem would be what about troops gained this way which the player is of a high enough level to make for themselves. Also your suggestion of only adding then to star if you don't have the population for them could lead to you having a unbalanced army. In this situation you would have to be very careful which camps you attacked to prevent you gaining more of a unwanted troops type.
    Last edited by Dorotheus; 12.08.15 at 16:49.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    I see from your join date you started after BB removed weapons drops from adventures.I am afraid they may just see your suggestion as a backhanded way to get them back.

Another problem would be what about troops gained this way which the player is of a high enough level to make for themselves. Also your suggestion of only adding then to star if you don't have the population for them could lead to you having a unbalanced army. In this situation you would have to be very careful which camps you attacked to prevent you gaining more of a unwanted troops type.
    I have actually been playing for a fairly long time, since early 2014; this is my second account. I understand your point though with the unbalanced armies.
    Last edited by Vloxxer; 12.08.15 at 21:54. Reason: typo

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    I love the idea of gaining troops. I don't see why they need to go into star, anyway. they could just land on the island, and some other general could pick them up to take them home, like you do before you accept the final quest.

Reply to Thread