Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Coins - BB please clarify

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    thanks Ravel - sounds promising. some way to be able to acquire arrows and assassins would be appreciated, especially seeing the impossibility of some of the new adventures...

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post

- Since the Star Coins were introduced to reward players who reached the current Level Cap Raise (50), it's only normal for them to be awarded again when players hit the new Level Cap Raise (75).
    this to me makes perfect sense

World
    Sandycove
    Bad timing on my part I guess. I just got to 50 and haven't had much time to get anything with star coins yet, and now the target is shifting. Naturally any game change will affect someone this way (depending on when you joined) and I can see some sense in it.

But it would be nice if coins could drop as loot on some of the epic adventures for example so that you can still build up to some of the epic items. After all, they are in the Epic section of the shop so why wouldn't Epic adventures give you coins? That also makes sense to me.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post

- Since the Star Coins were introduced to reward players who reached the current Level Cap Raise (50), it's only normal for them to be awarded again when players hit the new Level Cap Raise (75).

This is actually not completely true, as situatons are not identical. In past you added a reward for reaching level 50, now you are taking it away from those who already fulfilled the conditions. It would seem more "normal" to me to keep some form of obtaining star coins after reaching level 50 and add a new reward for reaching level 75. Superstar coins with brand new amazing items to be bought in superstar shop. You would have heaps of time to think about that and design them, if you chose this road.

Of course moving SC to L75 is much simpler solution and I'm ok with that if it goes down that road. On the other hand my suggestion provides for even greater enrichment of the game, although it would not be as easy to implement. Well, up to you guys. i'm a newbie in the game. Just wanted to challenge your perception of "normal" a bit, push it out of the waggon ruts and offer an alternative vew to consider. Maybe you'll like it.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    This is actually not completely true, as situatons are not identical. In past you added a reward for reaching level 50, now you are taking it away from those who already fulfilled the conditions. It would seem more "normal" to me to keep some form of obtaining star coins after reaching level 50 and add a new reward for reaching level 75. Superstar coins with brand new amazing items to be bought in superstar shop. You would have heaps of time to think about that and design them, if you chose this road.

Of course moving SC to L75 is much simpler solution and I'm ok with that if it goes down that road. On the other hand my suggestion provides for even greater enrichment of the game, although it would not be as easy to implement. Well, up to you guys. i'm a newbie in the game. Just wanted to challenge your perception of "normal" a bit, push it out of the waggon ruts and offer an alternative vew to consider. Maybe you'll like it.
    You forget something
    Starcoins were introduced to replace xp. There were many lvl 50 players with loot in their mail, waiting for BB to give new levels. All xp, earned after lvl 50, was converted into starcoins.
    It's not a reward, it's xp and now we get xp back.
    Plain and simple.
    Yes, it's too bad for those reaching 50 now, but it's only fair

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by inyi View Post
    You forget something
    Starcoins were introduced to replace xp. There were many lvl 50 players with loot in their mail, waiting for BB to give new levels. All xp, earned after lvl 50, was converted into starcoins.
    It's not a reward, it's xp and now we get xp back.
    Plain and simple.
    Yes, it's too bad for those reaching 50 now, but it's only fair
    I do understand the system and why SC came in the game. Just suggesting different solution, which I don't think is any worse in general then moving SC to L75 now. Both solutions have their cons and pros, so why not consider alternatives, right? Would be kind of very cool for both old and new players to have two tresholds on L50 and L75, and something new and special yet to be looking forward to at L75.

One solution suggest going back to what it sort of was before, although that's not exactly the same as it was. Another solution suggest taking advantage of the new situation and converting it into a new developement and new options. Both solutions seem perfectly "normal" to me, if normality is what drives the decision making here.
    Last edited by Norton_C; 21.08.15 at 10:58.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I do understand the system and why SC came in the game. Just suggesting different solution, which I don't think is any worse in general then moving SC to L75 now. Both solutions have their cons and pros, so why not consider alternatives, right? Would be kind of very cool for both old and new players to have two tresholds on L50 and L75, and something new and special yet to be looking forward to at L75.

One solution suggest going back to what it sort of was before, although that's not exactly the same as it was. Another solution suggest taking advantage of the new situation and converting it into a new developement and new options. Both solutions seem perfectly "normal" to me, if normality is what drives the decision making here.
    You are missing the picture. Starcoins were introduced for maximum level player (and yes, that was at the time level 50, but it wasnt for level 50 or level 50+ player) as a mechanism to keep rewards from adventures (and other sources) same for both leveling and max level players. Max level players got SC, which are in other way XP/100.

If new level cap is introduced, then everything stays same except the new max level is now 75, instead of 50.

You can make a suggestion that would convert XP to SC through the leveling process after level 50 (something like you can buy SC for your XP pool, you cant delevel) - in other words : the mechanism is not changing or better said : the rewards are not changing because max level is changed. You can suggest some sort of conversion in suggestion section of this forum tho.
    Last edited by Aliccis; 21.08.15 at 12:03. Reason: beating the already dead horse

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliccis View Post
    You are missing the picture. Starcoins were introduced for maximum level player (and yes, that was at the time level 50, but it wasnt for level 50 or level 50+ player) as a mechanism to keep rewards from adventures same for both leveling and max level players. Max level players got SC, which are in other way XP/100.

If new level cap is introduced, then everything stays same except the new max level is now 75, instead of 50.

You can make a suggestion that would convert XP to SC through the leveling process after level 50 (something like you can buy SC for your XP pool, you cant delevel) - in other words : the mechanism is not changing or better said : the rewards are not changing because max level is changed. You can suggest some sort of conversion in suggestion section of this forum tho.
    exactly

i can understand it's not great to miss out on the starcoins, but you can't ask for stuff you missed because you started later.
    That would be like ask for event resources and rewards from past events

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    I understand you think I'm missing something. In reality it is you who is missing something. You two are stuck in old wagon ruts, which is exactly what I was challenging in my response to BB. Obviously in your case the challenge was not succesfull.

And no Iniy, I'm not asking for stuff I missed, which you will find out for yourself if you read my posts carefully with open mind. You might have been in the game all too long and lost all your creativity powers. Thinking out of the box may be too difficult for you now. I'm perfectly ok with stopped supply of SC till L75. On the other hand I can see the potential here for new developement and new fun. Which you won't see unless you get .......... well .......... out of your wagon ruts.

As the saying goes, hard to teach an old dog a new trick.

It can stay the "same", keep status quo, or it can be transformed. Both is "normal" and ok with me. I'm not stuck with just one given option.

Basically your reasoning is nothing more than "it was like that before, so it must be like that forever on."
    Last edited by Norton_C; 21.08.15 at 17:12.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    I understand you think I'm missing something. In reality it is you who is missing something. You two are stuck in old wagon ruts, which is exactly what I was challenging in my response to BB. Obviously in your case the challenge was not succesfull.

And no Iniy, I'm not asking for stuff I missed, which you will find out for yourself if you read my posts carefully with open mind. You might have been in the game all too long and lost all your creativity powers. Thinking out of the box may be too difficult for you now. I'm perfectly ok with stopped supply of SC till L75. On the other hand I can see the potential here for new developement and new fun. Which you won't see unless you get .......... well .......... out of your wagon ruts.

As the saying goes, hard to teach an old dog a new trick.

It can stay the "same", keep status quo, or it can be transformed. Both is "normal" and ok with me. I'm not stuck with just one given option.

Basically your reasoning is nothing more than "it was like that before, so it must be like that forever on."
    did i hit a sore leg ?

Reply to Thread