Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Star Coins - BB please clarify

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripi View Post
    My plan for the 50 to 56 stretch therefore is to drop a 7 day prem with a HLT rtf, crunch SA repeatedly and just ignore trying to sell the lootspots (i.e. finish them as solo adventures).
    Huh. That's an idea. Maybe I should start practising SA. I doubt I'll do that on the first day of the new update but maybe I'll do a few premium days like that. First I'll see how it is working out for others. )

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    I really don't understand some people. Star Coins are a replacement for XP when you are at max level. When max level is increased you can't make new star coins as you will be gaining levels. Giving free star coins means getting double xp, which doesn't sound realistic or fair. Maybe we can buy catapults and the other instants with gems or beans instead? I would say transfer the leftover star coins back into XP and give everyone who got star coins a small boost towards 75.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    I don't think many old players would care if everyone would now get both xp and star coins as long as there would be a way to get them. Seems that the mini quests will be the solution from BB side.

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by FishSmell View Post
    Hahaha I am so not going to start doing 10 SAs a day! I'd go mad, I think, if I had to. The most adv I did in a day was 5 RB during some event.

I don't really need star coins, just pointing it out that it would be doable, if BB wanted to do it, to keep them with the new level cap.
    not important what is good for me or you. i don't play SA but some players play. i just want to show you amount of xp for adventures is good, not bad as you said

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    I really don't understand some people. Star Coins are a replacement for XP when you are at max level. When max level is increased you can't make new star coins as you will be gaining levels. Giving free star coins means getting double xp, which doesn't sound realistic or fair. Maybe we can buy catapults and the other instants with gems or beans instead? I would say transfer the leftover star coins back into XP and give everyone who got star coins a small boost towards 75.
    because they don't care for anything else only for himself.

-----
    keeping star coins will be worst bb mistake. when bb realize this, will be already too late. of course players don't want say that. similar like gems for friend. players support even if this is bad. they support only because they will have advantage
    BB don't understand their own game

Flesh Eating Mushroom Keen Commentor SwampHen's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Integration of new features

I like this idea:

2: Star coins and Epic Menu items
    With XP coming back into play after Lv.50, we are currently no longer able to get star coins. Most people want to continue to have access to the powerful items available only with star coins. I suggest adding a new building, the "Star Coin Mint", available at Lv.50. This would give players the option to be able to continue producing star coins from the XP generated since their last level-up. It also adds an interesting strategic twist, make star coins or save for the next level-up.

Also, as has been said on the tsotesting forum elsewhere, star coins was the motivation for getting to level 50 for plenty of us. It seems sad to me, that they will be completely taken away. People already lose motivation to play this game around level 35. Is level 49 to be the new level 35?
    Deathcap - The Flesh-Eating Mushroom from the Create-An-Enemy Contest 2013

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Sounds like a good idea. Not that the star coins for me has been a big motivation. The buffs are nice yes- but I can do without. My biggest problem has been,- both before level 50 and now to have something to do. Quests and adventures I have not already done 10 times or more.
    This might be solved when the new stuff comes. - Not really sure it has, as it seems like the new adventures are so hard that I can only afford to do one every month or so. This is one of the arguments for keeping the star coins,- that we need the buffs to be able to do the new adventures.
    I would prefer that they balance things better and do without the star-coins. The setup as it is now on test is not going to make me want to go on playing, I will be bored waiting to have enough resources to make the elites and waiting for the troops to be made. Star coin buffs is like a drop in the ocean solving that problem.

World
    Newfoundland
    Looks like this has been covered in a new Dev Diary

Check the info here
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Why all the fuss about star coins? have players become so self dependant on them for kills, or for purchasing premium days? Just wondering which.

Personally I rarely use the weapons, other than an assassin at the end of a fast db, roa for a ls, or a catapult if a block is going wrong. However, I like many, can remember the days when we didn't have them at all and will just accept going back to the losses. No great shakes, just a few 0's and 1's more to replace - they aren't real troops after all.

If it is for the premium days them maybe it is time to save up some pennies and buy yourself some gems. That is after all what BB is hoping players will do.

The people who should really be on here commenting about the loss of star coins are those who aren't yet level 50. Those of us who were level 50 when star coins came in will doubtless have a stock of them anyway - I have seen figures such as 40 to 50k star coins mentioned on global. As suggested earlier in the thread, making current level 50 weapons unable to function on Ali-Baba adventures at least levels that part of the playing field somewhat.

As always, the changes will come, we will adapt to them and forward we will go. Look forward not backwards, a far better way to travel.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Why all the fuss about star coins? have players become so self dependant on them for kills, or for purchasing premium days? Just wondering which.

Personally I rarely use the weapons, other than an assassin at the end of a fast db, roa for a ls, or a catapult if a block is going wrong. However, I like many, can remember the days when we didn't have them at all and will just accept going back to the losses. No great shakes, just a few 0's and 1's more to replace - they aren't real troops after all.

If it is for the premium days them maybe it is time to save up some pennies and buy yourself some gems. That is after all what BB is hoping players will do.

The people who should really be on here commenting about the loss of star coins are those who aren't yet level 50. Those of us who were level 50 when star coins came in will doubtless have a stock of them anyway - I have seen figures such as 40 to 50k star coins mentioned on global. As suggested earlier in the thread, making current level 50 weapons unable to function on Ali-Baba adventures at least levels that part of the playing field somewhat.

As always, the changes will come, we will adapt to them and forward we will go. Look forward not backwards, a far better way to travel.
    There are always players that cant get gems other ways so weekly epic shop gems and premium means a lot to them. For the attack buffs, they save a lot of time and troops in the tailor adventures which is important for people with low pop cap. One catapult and assassin can save 400-600 and when lootspot swapping is done with these nukes you save around 30 min of travel time which again matters when running on a limited premium.

And lastly like you said they have game more flexible, arrows or assassin to lootspot camp if you happen to be in rush or something comes up and you have to leave. Catapult to a blocking camp which is about to fail could potentially save you several hours if it would mean you lose a bunch of cavalry or elites.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post

Much like yourself, I rarely use nukes except for lootspotting on FT. I still have about 20 of the old and more useful weak point potion, 40 ranged support and an adequate stockpile of star coins.

I do like the one-day-prem tokens though and can see them being even more useful for Arabian Nights, especially if we are only playing one per week or so... in those cases, a one-day token is nicer than a seven-day one.

With star coins in the loot of Arab-ventures (undecided on acronym there... AB or AN or ALIs or BABAs - "Arab-ventures" maybe a bit long to type in Trade Chat) it may be steering some players to aim for one a week and see if the loot covers the one-day prem plus the gem bundle.

As you say, we should just wait and see, adapt and evolve depending on how many star coins appear in quests, buff advs and arabs.

Reply to Thread