Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Level 75 Cap Raise XXL pack

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Would go even faster if they allow us to do 2 adventures at once, reduce travel times to adventures and maybe in future add more different generals and population buildings.
    technically, you can do 2 adv at once, one you start and one you are invited to. there is nothing to say you can't do adv's co-op style to get more exp at once. I think some of the Ali Baba adv's are co-op or multiplayer?

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Even with 1 million a day it will take like 3 years to get max lvl. It would also mean that you would have to sit and play the game for half of the day to manage to get the that exp combined from small/big adventures and the elite troops take their own time to make if you look at the whole chain 4x buffed.

edit: note that I'm not saying it's a bad thing
    Last edited by Mannerheim; 15.08.15 at 13:24.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Why is everybody in such a hurry to get to Level 75? It's just a game, have fun and take the challenge or stop playing. Your choice.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by corona88 View Post
    you complain because some buildings will be obsolete and you want to make all old weapon buildings obsolete. did you know what you want?
    What? Where did I say so? I said that I hate the idea that at the point when people finally get cannoneers, elites, and build/upgrade their corresponding buildings, they are supposed to start building completely new production chains that make all the old production chains obsolete (except horse training).

you still can use cannons and elite.
    Yes, sure you can use Cannons and Elite in the new adventures, but once you get _any_ new unit available and want to start using it, you are not allowed to mix them with the old units. That's just plain retarded

Quote Originally Posted by corona88 View Post
    you don't understand combat system when you want use new units in old adventures
    The combat system is exactly same as in the old adventures. The units are just different. Every other game that features leveling and has increased the level cap later on has managed to solve this issue of high level abilities/items/armies being "too powerful" on early game content, for example by giving xp/loot penalty etc. Just imagine if say, Baldur's Gate – Throne of Bhaal would have restricted you using your high level abilities on low lever monsters after rising the level cap from 20 to 40. Sorry, you can't cast Time stop when there are goblins around. (continues below)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Using the new units on old adventure given that we players have demonstrated time and again our capacity to reduce troop losses...
    To be realistic, the new units could actually be used in old adventures without balance problems. At first, every new unit won't unlock at level 50 and building them is extremely expensive. So you have to be at least level 60+ or something to start really roflstomping the old adventures, which is the point where the old loot and xp gain will be totally useless compared to playing Alibabas.

Playing the old adventures with new units at level 60+ would be exactly same as playing Tropical Sun or Horseback with four MMA:s now at level 50. Yes it's fast and easy, but you get only worthless amount of star coins and resources compared to using that time and effort to play Fairytales or RB/DB/BK. Leveling from like 58-59 by playing any old adventure would be about as painful as leveling from 49-50 by playing only Lost skull.
    Last edited by Herr_Pannenkoek; 15.08.15 at 15:22.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Without loot penalty it would destroy the game economy if new units would work in old however such penalties are even more artificial than restricted new army. To put this in perspective, sim says 270 knights would kill all camps or BK last castle with only ~3-10 losses each or VLT last boss with only ~50 losses (unless I made an error). So few generals filled with knights (first strike) would wipe BK. I did not even try find the optimal combination.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    The new units wont be available to people at L50. They come with time in the same way the old units did (at least thats the way they currently work on test) so no the new units dont make the old units obsolete at all. We will have to do the new adventures with old troops until we are able to build and invest in the new stuff. Also both troop types will be needed to fully participate in the game as I cant imagine a L55 saying 'I better start an Alibaba adventure to do that cursed guild quest'. So in effect people may need to do an occasional Alibaba adv but whilst they rebuild troops they will have to consider if they want to do other older adventures or even expeditions.

At the end of the day the new content introduces choices. Sure it takes away star coins for many that have enjoyed or have been looking forward to them but thats evolution. I remember the days when there was; no premium, no star coin, no Vet, no MG, no MoMA, no beans, no stalks etc. Things change and come and go. If change is hard to embrace then move on and play solitaire.

World
    Sandycove
    dont forget the new quests like the Panda etc. They currently pay a lot of xp for little work, so Im guessing they will be a gem payment quest on live server - i.e. cash for levelling.. Fair play to BB on that score

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    Without loot penalty it would destroy the game economy if new units would work in old however such penalties are even more artificial than restricted new army. To put this in perspective, sim says 270 knights would kill all camps or BK last castle with only ~3-10 losses each or VLT last boss with only ~50 losses (unless I made an error). So few generals filled with knights (first strike) would wipe BK. I did not even try find the optimal combination.
    afaik new troops will be only for the new adventures, since they'll be too powerfull

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Wu-L View Post
    afaik new troops will be only for the new adventures, since they'll be too powerfull
    Yes I know that, it just info for previous comments about making available in the old ones

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    At the end of the day the new content introduces choices. Sure it takes away star coins for many that have enjoyed or have been looking forward to them but thats evolution. I remember the days when there was; no premium, no star coin, no Vet, no MG, no MoMA, no beans, no stalks etc. Things change and come and go. If change is hard to embrace then move on and play solitaire.
    +1

Reply to Thread