Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Level 75 Cap Raise XXL pack

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    Without loot penalty it would destroy the game economy if new units would work in old however such penalties are even more artificial than restricted new army. To put this in perspective, sim says 270 knights would kill all camps or BK last castle with only ~3-10 losses each or VLT last boss with only ~50 losses (unless I made an error). So few generals filled with knights (first strike) would wipe BK. I did not even try find the optimal combination.
    I can't still see the problem. How many players leveled their 49-50 by playing only Lost Skull? Probably no one. With MMAs you can play them practically without any losses and you would need to play only ~230 of them. Compare this with the new army and BK, where you would need 411 BKs to level from 55 to 56 (you get knights at level 55).

I don't think anyone would really do this, but instead play Alibabas to grind their levels up just like we did BKs and Nords when trying to hit level 50.

Surely the loot from BK is much better than from LS, but after you unlock the archipelago and start mining your own granite and have 21 scouts bringing tons of it every day, the BK's loot will feel like getting 800 marble today. Old adventure loot prices will drop very soon to rock bottom, were the new units prohibited on old adventures or not.

Anyway, this graph will give some perspective how obsolete all old adventures will be in the long run. Grinding them will be a waste of time even if you didn't lose a single unit.
    Last edited by Herr_Pannenkoek; 15.08.15 at 17:04.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr_Pannenkoek View Post
    Old adventure loot prices will drop very soon to rock bottom, were the new units prohibited on old adventures or not.

Given the granite needed to upgrade those new buildings I imagine granite prices are going to go up and as such I imagine LS that are rich in granite drops will also go up.

Some have said less 1 day premiums about may help to decrease the LS prices but in my view whilst there may be less 1 day premiums in the game, many long term L50's that havent been premium for a while and stopped investing in gems, along with other players, may be encouraged to invest in gems and max the premium experience.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    Given the granite needed to upgrade those new buildings I imagine granite prices are going to go up and as such I imagine LS that are rich in granite drops will also go up.
    Yes, perhaps for few first months after the patch when everyone is trying to get their new production chains up, but in the longer run it will go down for sure. Granite mining will ensure that.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Much longer term indeed.
    Granite cant be mined in the Test Server till Level 60 at present as per the below.
    60------->35.956.137---->500 gems, 900 gold coins----->Geologist can find granite quarries, Granite mason

That's 10 times the XP needed to go from L1 to L50 so the spread of people achieving that is going to be spread over a longer time / smaller community of people capable. I don't see many people getting to L50 in a few months!

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    If this has been mentioned I've overlooked it but a quick read of recent posts in this thread makes me wonder.

Currently, on the test server, all the 1001 Nights (Ali Baba, Sinbad, Aladdin.) adventures are locked until level 56.

For those who can't quite read dark red on almost black: "Requires: Level: 56"

Always remembering everything remains tagged with the standard Test "subject to change", while you can start on the new Archipelago islands at 50:

Quote Originally Posted by Azeitrop View Post
    Here is a small table showing how much XP is needed form level to level.
    Rewards and what buildings become available are noticed as well.
    Remember that everything is subject to change before life version comes out

Level---->Needed XP---->Reward-------------------------->Allows to build

50------->3.746.000----->2500 gems, 700 gold coins---->Fountain, Island Storehouse, Explore distant island
    you need level 54 to build even the Elite Barracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Azeitrop View Post
    54------->9.256.565----->800 gold coins------------------>Platinum smelter, Platinum weaponsmith, Elite Barracks, Prolonged treasure searches, Swordsman

55------->11.605.675---->500 gems, 800 gold coins----->Homestead, Weaver, Saddle Maker, Elite stables, Mounted Swordsman, Knight
    56------->14.550.936---->900 gold coins------------------>Very long adventure search, Arquebus maker, Marksman, Armored Marksman, Mounted Marksman

57------->18.243.638---->900 gold coins------------------>Wagon Maker, Foundry, Besieger
    Perhaps something to consider and keep an eye on in any further Test versions. It makes sense though, building the infrastructure for the new units will take a while.

Also that "Epic" in the description seems a tad shady, there was a lot of confusion over the original Epic Raids since they weren't "Epic" for Adv quests so they were eventually retitled "Fairytales". Have to wonder what the situation is with these new ones. I know this has been mentioned elsewhere but it bears repeating, not because it will trip people any time soon, just because we've already been down the road of Epic Confusion once.

Overall, gotta say, it may indeed take ages to hit 75 but there is a lot of *shiny* in the new and there are things available at 50. This has been a long time coming, well done BB for providing both a Reason to do things again, and also Things To Do!
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 15.08.15 at 18:28. Reason: "Epic" - "Aladdin"

World
    Newfoundland
    Island archipelago starts from bottom left and goes almost to top right. Come on BB you can do better than that! Stretch it all the way to top right! Stuff some gem bought island there if you dont have a better idea but for the love of OCD dont leave it incomplete

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr_Pannenkoek View Post
    I can't still see the problem. How many players leveled their 49-50 by playing only Lost Skull? Probably no one. With MMAs you can play them practically without any losses and you would need to play only ~230 of them. Compare this with the new army and BK, where you would need 411 BKs to level from 55 to 56 (you get knights at level 55).

I don't think anyone would really do this, but instead play Alibabas to grind their levels up just like we did BKs and Nords when trying to hit level 50.

Surely the loot from BK is much better than from LS, but after you unlock the archipelago and start mining your own granite and have 21 scouts bringing tons of it every day, the BK's loot will feel like getting 800 marble today. Old adventure loot prices will drop very soon to rock bottom, were the new units prohibited on old adventures or not.

Anyway, this graph will give some perspective how obsolete all old adventures will be in the long run. Grinding them will be a waste of time even if you didn't lose a single unit.
    Thanks for proving how wrong you are:-)
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    NICE ONE BB some new stuff to do... Just wondering will there be a free building move week before the L6 upgrades?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Thanks for proving how wrong you are:-)
    Please keep entertaining us with these insightful replies.
    Last edited by Herr_Pannenkoek; 15.08.15 at 22:12.

World
    Northisle
    Oh you still need to make old adventure for sure... you will lose new units fast on new raids and they are expensive to make you won't be able to do only raids... that's for sure.... don't make a problem where there is none... the new stuff is for people that are comitted to the game, so either comit to it and accept you can't go to level 75 in a month or move on, or ignore the new stuff at all... i mean i play for 2 years and been doing the same stuff for way too long. So i'm glad we won't be able to get everything done in a couple months... this content is not for casual players that's for sure. Those already have plenty to do.

Reply to Thread