Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Consecutive attacks do not respect the attack oreder

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I have had the same problem with MMA, MMA, MG attacking the Leader camp in Traitors. I minimise the chance of the attack order being messed up by leaving 3 flags (2 complete spaces) between generals. It's fine then.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by RousayBob View Post
    I have had the same problem with MMA, MMA, MG attacking the Leader camp in Traitors. I minimise the chance of the attack order being messed up by leaving 3 flags (2 complete spaces) between generals. It's fine then.
    Yes, often that's enough, but it all depends on server/client connection - server lag may last longer than that.

A similar issue can be reproduced "pretty easily" (compared to this) in the Building queue by start placing several buildings in short time - second placed building would be the first building constructed while the first placed building would be found later down in the queue.
    Last edited by SmurfAsH; 30.09.15 at 01:45.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

World
    Sandycove
    Mostly to resurrect the thread and hopefully get some attention to it - this is a problem and it has been confirmed many times. I had a 3 general attack in HLT and the 1st general was engaged when the other two entered the camp, but the 3rd general attacked next instead of the 2nd. Based on the camp positions it is impossible that they entered the enemy camp in the wrong order. Fortunately in this case it was a loss of some crossbows that could be recovered but I can see that in some fights this would be a major disaster.

So anytime you need multiple waves in the same camp there needs to be a delay calculated so that the 2nd engages before the 3rd enters, the 3rd engages before the 4th enters, etc. In some fights this seriously affects the mechanics.

I hope they do something about it because it's clearly wrong.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Sadly I have to report I have experienced this same behavior in SLT adv. and lost 350ES+237Cann...
    Sent in order: MMA1 -> MMA2 -> MjG
    ...but the attack was finished in this order: MMA1 -> MjG -> MMA2 ... leader wasn't defeated and two supported Tavern generals lost units too

PS - I did this block before more than 20x with BHG -> VET -> MjG and it was always successful but one Tavern was always close to finish sooner than leader so I tried to switch to 2xMMA+MjG -> this way the fight was over sooner = higher probability of successful block but after this experience I'm back to BHG -> VET -> MjG

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Any progress on this one? Do BB started to investigate it? No word form BB team till now, but the bug is not resolved for sure. I can reproduce it with a great success.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    seems to me that the semaphores used by each instance of the "general gets into active battle" routine to signal other instances to wait isnt working properly

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle

Generals attack in the wrong order

I have seen this bug in multiple adventures, over many weeks.

Today I sent an attack against a leader camp in BLT. Because I have spare MMAs, I sent, in quick succession: MMA (1R), MMA (1R), MMA (220R), Vet (240R), Major (R, M and K).

Because they were sent quickly, some of the generals entered the camp while previous generals were still fighting. However, I was careful to ensure they were walking in the correct order. They attacked in order 1, 2, 3, 5. The Major won the battle, but because general 4 didn't attack in the correct order, I lost 90 cannoneers and only just won the battle.

I have also seen the same behaviour in RB adventure, where general 3 attacked before general 2. In that case, general 2 and then general 3 entered the camp whilst general 1 was still battling.

This used to work correctly until about 6-9 months ago (although that's an estimate).

BB, please test this logic for yourself. I suggest sending lots of generals against a leader camp, ensuring the number of recruits in each general is different. Perhaps general 1 could have 1 recruit, general 2 could have 2 recruits etc. This will allow you to easily check the order of attacks in the email generated. I am confident you'll discover that, when a battle is ongoing, the order of generals entering the camp is jumbled. You could enhance the chances of seeing the behaviour by adding better troops to each general so that, whilst they still lose the battle, they take longer to lose, hence giving more subsequent generals a chance to enter the camp and join the battle queue.

Perhaps others can add further detailed examples to assist BB in identifying and reproducing this bug.

Merged
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 28.11.16 at 11:57.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Simple solution: take more time between sending gens. As long as nr 3 enters AFTER nr 1 finishes there won't be any problem. And the fight won't last a second longer.
    4 enters after 2 finishes
    5 ...3..
    etc

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Budgy View Post
    Simple solution: take more time between sending gens. As long as nr 3 enters AFTER nr 1 finishes there won't be any problem. And the fight won't last a second longer.
    5 ...3..
    etc
    Not such a simple solution when a 1R block means there is limited time to pass through the aggro zone and get into the camp. Considering BB recently fixed the issue where generals inside a camp but queued could be intercepted if a battle in a protector camp finished, the stock answer of "BB doesn't support blocks" doesn't really wash any more. They also fixed a different issue so 2 x 1R blocks on the same camp no longer intercepts other generals in the micro-second between the two 1R battles. Whilst BB may not officially support blocking, they fixed two issues that are only apparent when blocking is used. Oh - and introduced and encouraged blocking in PvP.

It's a pretty clear bug. The order in which generals fight should be subject to predictable logic. In the past it was the order in which they entered a camp. Now it appears to be semi-random.

Thanks for the idea but there are cases where it isn't possible, either due to timings, or where limited squares to place generals means increasing the required gap between generals can't be achieved, making consistent timing very difficult.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Budgy View Post
    5 ...3..
    etc
    I agree with Garth. In some situations I've been able to compensate but in others it's very difficult. In addition to Garth's points there is the fact this has nothing to do with blocks (and yes, they are not supported - but we have a special blocking general now. Um...?).

Anyway, the order that the generals enter the enemy camp should be respected; We should not have to adjust. I can hypothesize what kind of issues could be involved (for example, when you do a SQL select from a table the order of the results is random unless there is a key or other distinct value to select on). I wouldn't think adding such a value on the generals during combat would be that difficult - a date/time stamp is the first thing that comes to mind - so the generals can be selected in date/time order. Of course there are other ways depending on the code.

I don't consider it a game-breaker but it's annoying to have to 'count to 5' between sending generals so they don't get confused in the camp.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread