Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: THANK YOU from the entire Team!

World
    Newfoundland

THANK YOU from the entire Team!

Dear Settlers,

Over the last few days, a lot of new users started playing on the European English version of The Settlers Online.
    Our global channels have been very active, with newbies asking questions and trying to find their way in the TSO universe.

Both me and BB_Celeste, as well as the MOD Team, have been very impressed with the way most of you reacted, your kindness and patience making new users feel welcome and inspiring them to join our very helpful and overall amazing Community!

Without further ado, THANK YOU for your help and for making us once again be proud to be part of this big, chatty and loving family called The Settlers Online!

The European English TSO Team
    Last edited by BB_Celeste; 21.08.15 at 12:32.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I would also like to extend a huge thankyou to the entire TSO community. Both the long term players for offering help to new players with offers of resources, guides and support, and many of the newer players who have been assisting their fellow Steam-mates with their recently acquired game knowledge.

Thankyou all!

MOD_Loki2
    I would like to thank the great show of kindness and patience and helpfullness our community, old players, have shown towards new players during these days.
    I would also like to thank the new players that have helped others newcomers aswell.

I would also like to wish all players, old and new alike, a wonderful stay in this our great community in the 3 different servers ( Newfoundland, Northisle and Sandycove)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    A huge thank you from me as well. Both the older members of the community and a lot of the newer members have helped to make the past few days a lot easier than we expected. Thank you for helping each other and reporting inappropriate activity to the MOD team.

Keep up the good work and long may we reign over our islands

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    thanks for the thanks and thanks to the moderators too they have a very hard job now with all those new people coming in

World
    Newfoundland
    Our Mod team is doing an amazing job! Thank you!

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    i wish there was a way to block absurd offers in the trade office. I have tried to help new players, and there is a specific individual who buys my items in trade and then doubles the price and re-sells them. There are so many new players i can not turn the tide. A little price cap on stone, pine planks, bronze swords etc would just help new players. (but i can see why it hasnt been done - this would stop a free market after all!)

Also, offering one fish for 2000GC is just profiteering on peoples mistakes.

But i do love all the happy people swapping suggestions. The feel good factor is great out there. Many new players have told me they came because of an article saying the players were friendly. (which is why the profiteers annoy me so much).

thumbs up to all those who have helped out!

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider_ View Post
    i wish there was a way to block absurd offers in the trade office. I have tried to help new players, and there is a specific individual who buys my items in trade and then doubles the price and re-sells them. There are so many new players i can not turn the tide. A little price cap on stone, pine planks, bronze swords etc would just help new players. (but i can see why it hasnt been done - this would stop a free market after all!)

But i do love all the happy people swapping suggestions. The feel good factor is great out there. Many new players have told me they came because of an article saying the players were friendly. (which is why the profiteers annoy me so much).

thumbs up to all those who have helped out!
    offering 1 fish for 2000GC is a lootspot sale
    the person asking for the 50 tools etc should post the trade for a fish
    I dont think you have grasped the fundamentals of the trade office lmao

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    I have tried to help new players, and there is a specific individual who buys my items in trade and then doubles the price and re-sells them.
    As jollyfrog says, get the person requesting the items to post a 'request' trade (offering one fish or whatever - basically a trade that nobody would buy). After that, search the trades using their name rather than item name.

As jollyfrog says again, these are primarily trades to sell lootspots (an invite to an adventure that, after killing at least one enemy, then awards the buyer a bundle of loot - the coins are basically a gamble that the loot is worth more)

World
    Sandycove
    Lots of help has indeed been passed, but I do think that if Fhearghus' guide was the welcome message in Help channel, maybe more would see it and help themselves before asking the same questions day in day out... Just saying

Reply to Thread