Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: More adventure slots

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove

More adventure slots

With the upcoming 50-75 expansion I would like to see better adventure options, I would like it to be possible to have 1 adventure (epic or below), 1 expedition, 1 scenario, 1 FT / Ali Baba and possibly 2 or 3 ls open at the same time. I wouldn't necessarily be doing the whole lot but it kind of annoys me if I'm doing one particular thing it excludes me from all the rest (not sure if expeditions stop you doing adventures ?).

If I'm sending loads of troops to a FT why can't I do a scenario or two whilst I'm waiting ? If I'm half way through an Ali Baba and for whatever reason need to do an ordinary adventure why can't I ? (think guild quest or event quest). The loot spot extended from just 1 to 2 possibly 3 would end the nightmare of arranging swaps on an adventure.

Flesh Eating Mushroom Keen Commentor SwampHen's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Expeditions count as adventures. You can't have an expedition open and an adventure open.

And you're right, these longer duration quests mean you will really be relying on lootspots to complete those 2 addy guild quests.
    Deathcap - The Flesh-Eating Mushroom from the Create-An-Enemy Contest 2013

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I got one word for you, traffic
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    I got one word for you, traffic
    I understand there maybe certain technical issues raised by server load, but you can only be in one place at one time so it's really no different from your star menu. Most people's star menu must cause some load on the server if opened but if it's closed it won't cause much.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    I understand there maybe certain technical issues raised by server load, but you can only be in one place at one time so it's really no different from your star menu. Most people's star menu must cause some load on the server if opened but if it's closed it won't cause much.
    There you are in the middle of a tighty timed block, suddenly several adventures you are on end. The traffic between you and the server will spike no matter what.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    I'm in no rush to get to Lvl 75 and then sit there waiting for the next 25 levels to come around. One thing I've learnt from being at 50 is I'm going to savour the next 25 lvls, so running multiple adventures simultaneously and farming lootspots is not for me, and whilst I see that it is a personal thing, I think that the server issues this would bring to the game would ultimately effect my game in a negative fashion, both in playability and in trade, so have to give the idea -1 ( although having a separate specific slot for scenarios only on top of the current allowance I could see the value of )
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

World
    Newfoundland
    I've been asking for this for a while, and asking that an adventure AND a scenario can be started by a player at the same time.

And this has nothing to do with a server spike, I was told by both Ravel and support that things like this are community lead; the more people that want it and the more positive comments it recieves on the forum, the more likley it will occur.
    Last edited by BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA; 23.08.15 at 22:00.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

World
    Sandycove
    I would love to be able to do a scenario while I'm waiting on generals to reach or move on an adventure. The simpler scenarios take just about the right amount of time. It shouldn't cause load issues I wouldn't think (the scenarios can't be very intensive use of the server).
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Newfoundland
    +1

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    definitely a +1

Reply to Thread