Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What shall we do with all the Horseman Statues?

World
    Sandycove
    actually, this is a valid point given that BB frown upon anyone having more than 1 account as per their own terms and conditions; and then seem to now reward it by paying 500 gems...

BB appear to have disregarded their own rules..

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    actually, this is a valid point given that BB frown upon anyone having more than 1 account as per their own terms and conditions; and then seem to now reward it by paying 500 gems...

BB appear to have disregarded their own rules..
    This game has always been one rule for one and one rule for another, Seen it many many time with the clicks in G1.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Please don't take me wrong, but I have a rightful question:
    Whose account is this? I read "Zingar", but awarded was "EBlackadder".!?!
    Is it a second account? Or is somebody leaving the game in the guild and they (he/she) made those as place for this, after selling all the staff to guild?
    I see no production there, no troops whatsoever...

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    ...and only 500 or so gems, whereas to get to level 32 there should be getting on for 4 times that number from level rewards ????
    HOTFIX!

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Can we have confirmation, are you actually encouraging dual accounting now?

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    actually, this is a valid point
    No it is not a valid point at all.

Consider just for a couple of seconds what the intentions are in banning double accounts, and then consider if this was somehow breached here (hint: It wasn't)

OT:
    Thank you Lord Blackadder and Co.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Vopicus View Post
    No it is not a valid point at all.

Consider just for a couple of seconds what the intentions are in banning double accounts, and then consider if this was somehow breached here (hint: It wasn't)
    Really? How is this not an example of dual accounting? By his own admission, the account was created to do this.

BB have also rewarded the offending player - tell me how this is NOT double standards?

Don't get me wrong, I think the reason it was done may be innocent enough, but the logic of BB rewarding it with gems sends a clear message to others that multi-accounting is acceptable - do you think that is acceptable?

World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks to everyone for their interest and responses, it still makes me laugh everytime I see the island

Before posting this to the spotlight I was investigated by the Mods for breaching the rules of double accounts (the Mod with the rubber glove was surprisingly gentle) as people have rightly pointed out, there are two accounts active here...

So, to answer some of the questions, yes, I do control both accounts. The Mods decision was that as EB is the main account and as 'he' has not benefited from Zingar (i.e. resources / rewards have not been traded / used by EB) then for purely creative purposes (i.e. there is no production) the second account has been allowed.

The Mods have also warned me that they will be tracking EB's and Zingar's activities to make sure there are no transgressions of the rules in future (which is 100% fair and reasonable)

As for the 'missing' gems, items have been bought, used and traded as a normal player would. There are also a few items in the star menu waiting to be used

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by EBlackadder View Post
    Thanks to everyone for their interest and responses, it still makes me laugh everytime I see the island

Before posting this to the spotlight I was investigated by the Mods for breaching the rules of double accounts (the Mod with the rubber glove was surprisingly gentle) as people have rightly pointed out, there are two accounts active here...

So, to answer some of the questions, yes, I do control both accounts. The Mods decision was that as EB is the main account and as 'he' has not benefited from Zingar (i.e. resources / rewards have not been traded / used by EB) then for purely creative purposes (i.e. there is no production) the second account has been allowed.

The Mods have also warned me that they will be tracking EB's and Zingar's activities to make sure there are no transgressions of the rules in future (which is 100% fair and reasonable)

As for the 'missing' gems, items have been bought, used and traded as a normal player would. There are also a few items in the star menu waiting to be used
    Mod are here for chat rules, not game rules. mods don't have anything with game rules.
    You have benefit from your second account. you got 500 gems for "main" account.
    BB don't understand their own game

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Really? How is this not an example of dual accounting? By his own admission, the account was created to do this.
    I have no clue as to if you simply skiped over what I wrote too fast, edited or if you're just downright dishonestly twisting it.

I didn't wrote it wasn't an example of dual accounting, I wrote that it wasn't a breach of the intended purpose behind the ban on dual accounting, there's a significant difference, between the two statements.

Now that is cleared up again I implore you again to honestly reflect as to what the reason behind the rules are.

And once you done that then consider if the purpose of this account ran in contradiction to those very intentions.

It should be fairly simple, as it's pointed out above that the sole purpose of this account was to generate said image that you see on the first page.

And thus I submit that is Edmund and the other people of his guild spend time and effort on something which as it's only purpose was to create something for the simple sake of it's entertaining and inspiring value.

They did so and it's been posted for your enjoyment, and the response it gets is pretence outrage and calls for damnation, that is rather sad.

Especially because 10 seconds of reflection upon _why_ there is a ban on dual accounting would prevented it from appearing.

No the points are not valid, no this isn't in any way an endorsement of dual accounting, and a modicum of thinking prior to the automatic selfrightous outrage, could have prevented this thread from becoming a bunch of infantile attacks on someone who borther to spend some time and effort to entertain and inspire you.
    Last edited by BB_Ravel; 07.09.15 at 16:19.

Reply to Thread