Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: What shall we do with all the Horseman Statues?

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Vopicus View Post
    I have no clue as to if you simply skiped over what I wrote too fast, if you're dyslexic or if you're just downright dishonestly twisting it.

I didn't wrote it wasn't an example of dual accounting, I wrote that it wasn't a breach of the intended purpose behind the ban on dual accounting, there's a significant difference, between the two statements.

Now that is cleared up again I implore you again to honestly reflect as to what the reason behind the rules are.

And once you done that then consider if the purpose of this account ran in contradiction to those very intentions.

It should be fairly simple, as it's pointed out above that the sole purpose of this account was to generate said image that you see on the first page.

And thus I submit that is Edmund and the other people of his guild spend time and effort on something which as it's only purpose was to create something for the simple sake of it's entertaining and inspiring value.

They did so and it's been posted for your enjoyment, and the response it gets is pretence outrage and calls for damnation, that is rather sad.

Especially because 10 seconds of reflection upon _why_ there is a ban on dual accounting would prevented it from appearing.

No the points are not valid, no this isn't in any way an endorsement of dual accounting, and a modicum of thinking prior to the automatic selfrightous outrage, could have prevented this thread from becoming a bunch of infantile attacks on someone who borther to spend some time and effort to entertain and inspire you.
    Your choice to throw personal insults about means I will no longer take part in this debate - the rules were broken, read the rules... Over and out!

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by EBlackadder View Post
    As for the 'missing' gems, items have been bought, used and traded as a normal player would. There are also a few items in the star menu waiting to be used
    So it's OK to create a second account to harvest gems? If this account was set up purely for artistic purposes, then NO gems whatsoever should have been used. Otherwise this is no different to 'pushing' between accounts. The gems, and presumably other resources) have been traded out of the account - that is clearly a breach of the terms and conditions and I'm for one disgusted that MODs have apparently OK'd it and BB have rewarded it.
    Last edited by Jim_B; 05.09.15 at 14:21.
    HOTFIX!

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post
    So it's OK to create a second account to harvest gems? If this account was set up purely for artistic purposes, then NO gems whatsoever should have been used. Otherwise this is no different to 'pushing' between accounts. The gems, and presumably other resources) have been traded out of the account - that is clearly a breach of the terms and conditions and I'm for one disgusted that MODs have apparently OK'd it and BB have rewarded it.
    EB said earlier in the thread, that it was confirmed that no resources were awarded to his main account from the secondary account. The dual account rule was made to prevent "boosting" - using more than one account to prop up your main so it grows faster. Creating a new account and then putting a huge amount of work into gathering horseman statues from people in our guild is surely not benefiting his main account.

It really makes me sad that some people in this thread are coming in and casting aspersions, when it should really be about a remarkable feet of patience by EB. There's literally no evidence that he engaged in any boosting, so if rules were broken, they were done so only in the most strongly technical sense of the word. As Vopicus mentioned, the spirit of the rule was certainly not broken.

Quote Originally Posted by corona88 View Post
    Mod are here for chat rules, not game rules. mods don't have anything with game rules.
    You have benefit from your second account. you got 500 gems for "main" account.
    I suspect EB contacted support, since the mods are not able to check anything. Or he contacted the mods, and the mods conferred with BB for him. In either case, you can't really be arguing that the 500 gems he was given directly from BB means that this constitutes boosting? By that logic, what he was doing was fine, until BB themselves turned it into a breach of the rules.

It's probably safe to say that the boosting rules aren't intended to include special prizes from BB.

In the end, to the people who are bothered by this, I think you should ask yourself how this in any way hurts you. Or how this is anything else than harmless. Your arguments seem extremely petty.
    EVO is recruiting.
    Players of all levels and experiences welcome. We like to teach.
    Take a look at our recruitment thread, or send me a PM if you're interested.
    Join the evolution today!

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    So where are the missing gems? Simple question really
    Last edited by Jim_B; 05.09.15 at 21:14.
    HOTFIX!

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post
    So where are the missing gems? Simple question really
    I can't speak for EB, but I'd guess they were either traded for stuff to clear the island, horseman statues or are in items in the star menu. So long as they weren't used to benefit his main island, what does it matter?
    EVO is recruiting.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    because - and this is the crux of it - because they clearly aren't there and could be anywhere. The rules about 2nd accounts exist for a reason and what worries me most about this is that Bluebyte have now appeared to endorse this 'loophole' by awarding it a prize. Now any player could in theory create a new account, trade the gems for some nice shiny buildings, trade those for a handful of cheap bronze swords from his main account and claim it was all done for artistic purposes. They've opened the stable door.

I have also been told that a chat Moderator would not be able to give this sort of permission to create a second account - so it appears the MOD acted beyond his/her remit.

I grant that the artistic result is an achievement. But too much about it makes me makes me uncomfortable and I'd like an official response from Ravel about this
    HOTFIX!

World
    Newfoundland
    If I took a look at your island, there'd be no way for me to know that you didn't achieve some of these things through boosting or scamming, or other illicit means. But it'd be completely unreasonable for me to just come out and say that I demand BB give an official reply on whether or not all your nice stuff was really bought through legitimate means. What you're doing is the same. You have no evidence of any wrongdoing. At all. And why do you feel entitled to a ruling from BB on this issue? Are you some sort of Roman Magistrate?

I just don't understand why the TSO forums are so toxic. Apparently much more interested in finding some sort of "gotcha" moment on a well respected, well liked player who put a lot of effort into the game, than in recognising something simple and cool when they see it.
    EVO is recruiting.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Why do I want a statement (not a ruling) from BB? because if you read my post you'd see that I think this is as much a bad move from BB as it is a breach of the rules.

I don't want anyone banned, I don't want anyone's gems taken off them, but I also don't want to see BB naively create a new loophole in the rules that effectively opens the door to multiaccounters. God knows there are enough cheats already out there using proxies to run several accounts.

I don't have 2 accounts. By his own admission the other guy does. Read the terms and conditions. End of.
    Last edited by Jim_B; 06.09.15 at 16:32.
    HOTFIX!

World
    Newfoundland
    Let me start by saying the main reason this was awarded as a Spotlight is the great response it got from the Community (well BEFORE it was a Spotlight). People commented and enjoyed the image and appreciated it and the work behind it, which is why I believed the whole Community will enjoy it so I decided to share it on the homepage.

The MOD EBlackadder is mentioning earlier is actually me (I am the Community Manager, EBlackadder, btw ). I investigated the account thoroughly and even asked for more details about the setup of the account prior to posting the image. Since I could verify the account was created specifically for this purpose (and NOT used in order to supplement the resources on the main account, like most additional accounts are) and since the player was quite upfront about it, I would award the time and effort put into the project, especially since it was something the Community seemed to enjoy.

I apologise if it appeared as multi-accounting was rewarded. This was not the intention, I simply wanted you to have something you would enjoy on the homepage during the weekend and multi-accounting is still against the rules.

That being said, I see this Spotlight has divided the Community and caused arguments over the weekend (which is the opposite of the Community enjoying it together) , so I will kindly ask you to direct further questions and feedback on the subject of multi-accounting to me via support ticket. Please mark it FAO Ravel.

Reply to Thread