Reply to Thread

Thread: Legacy Chat (historic rolling conversation)

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle

Legacy Chat (historic rolling conversation)

How about BB follow the sensible idea of many other online games and implement rolling Legacy Chat (basically showing conversation that occurred prior to the player logging in)

Whether it be 5 minutes of historic chat, the last 20 sentences or the entire day... surely it is time to start using this method.

How many players recently have got back to their game to find the [Please Refresh] button preventing them from seeing chat that happened while they were away.
    Sit with TSO in the background for some hours and you will likely get forced refresh... Really annoying if you were waiting for response to a question in Help or Guild chat... Refresh as you are asked and you then have to ask the question again.

Though this feature might not be as useful in Trade Chat, I would suggest using it for all chat channels.
    (maybe they could even include Legacy whispers and fix the old flashing-whisper-tab-bugsie)

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I like the feature and it works well in other browser based games, I'd rather BB focused on porting over to another platform HTML5 and incorporating it into that version.

Never really suffered prolific 'crashing' but of late I'm having to restart my computer every 4 hours or so to resolve massive memory leaks on both chrome and firefox. Not being to tech minded I'm only guessing but it seems to be a flash player problem.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    While I like the idea of the last 5 mins or 20 sentences I feel the whole day is rather over the top.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread