Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Preparatory steps for new content

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    Mahogany sawmill will be lvl 52, new elite troops will be lvl 54-57, exotic wood forester and cutter at lvl 53 and 54.
    I am doing absolutely no preparation at all.
    I will be doing fairytale adv's once the new lvls start so i can get the xp to get through the first lvls, and on the way getting beans to get those new islands, which on their own will be useless till i have the elite troops to defeat them and the buildings to use on them.
    It is all going to be very, very slow, no matter how much you 'prepare' now, there will be very little to actually do when the new stuff hits, except maybe get some buildings that you already have to lvl 6. Probably going to take me nearly a year to get to lvl 54 as it is.
    Slacker 54 (at a hard graft headlong rush) is about a week, 56 another week beyond that.

Advice note:
    Save some premium time for the Halloween Event if you can. It is likely that many players will be doing lots of adventures then, which counts toward the xp needed.

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Deorum View Post
    I am talking about big changes here, like for example, building 2nd tit smelter (if needed)
    or strenghening horses production (if needed) etc.
    that is not possible to say
    we don't know your amount of buildings, your number of licenses, did you have free space and million other things. for every player will be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripi View Post
    From that you should be able to deduce that you will be focusing on, in order of cheapiness:
    Knights - though cheapest, you will likely use/lose more Swordsmen in battles
    Swordsmen
    Mounted Swordsmen
    With possibly Marksmen as a similar cost to Mounted Swordsmen depending on your economy balance and whether you want to produce Arquebuses 24/7 or just as needed.
    The other troops will likely be a standing army, basically train 200/250/270 and then let the weapon production pause until needed again.

In my opinion therefore:
    One powderhut should be plenty (after you make 270 Mortar it is mainly only turned on to make Arquebus, do Scenarios, upgrade things maybe)
    One stable should be plenty - only need one horse per 12 mins to supply Elite Stable
    Titanium? ... I cannot see where this might be needed, except lvl 6 upgrade of FairyCastle
    Coal... enough to support your choice of platinum chain
    i think even one stable we don't need, a lot horses we get in loot. 700 horse per day we need for one elite stable on level 6. some players don't like make production on that way, but for me that is ok,
    with rest i agree totally
    ----

this is my calculation how many coal we need to make one unit (be aware maybe i made mistake). calculated with x2 buff every buildings in production line
    recruit 12,5 coal per one (90 000 coal for 7200R per day with x3 buff on barrack)
    milita 70 coal per one
    soldier 130 coal per one
    elite soldier 320 coal per one

swordsman 63 coal per one (81 900 coal for 1300 swordsman per day with x3 buff on barrack)
    mounted swordsman 71 coal per one (69 225 coal for 975 mounted swordsman per day with x3 buff on barrack)
    knight 7,75 coal per one

coal use is not that high as some players think
    BB don't understand their own game

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Like a lot of things about this game what is needed is not writ in stone and is best defined by each individual player. In my case I have the following check list.

Storage 400k
    Population 25k
    Building levels Minimum of level 5 with the exception of 1 level 3 wheelmaker.
    As many explorers as the game will allow you, a minimum of 16 jolly geo's, obvioulsy until the new stuff goes live it's at best a educated guess as to what would be a minumum collection of generals.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    OK, i found smth that needs change of strategy.

New 48h buff, needs 500 raw meat for 1 buff.
    Old 24h buff needs 150fish/100bread/50 sausage for 1 buff. (double that for 48h, i.e. 300fish/200bread/100 sausage)
    You could almost say, that raw meat demant stays the same, maybe somewhat more, and you get much lower bread and fish demands.

You could almost tear down butchers.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    New 48h buff needs 15minutes per unit, old 24h buff, needed 5minutes per unit (unbuffed)

maybe provision house will not be able to keep up with production needs...

(4b/hour = 100 per day = 200 buildings buffed per 48h)

World
    Newfoundland
    fish will be 100k/1c

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    fish will be 100k/1c
    You mean price will plummet to 0?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Deorum View Post
    You mean price will plummet to 0?
    Yes he does, fishes main use within the high end game were the feasts, remove the need for feasts and where left with? meat top ups? I am going to need around 23 deerstalkers to make this happen (total, not 23more). Thats assuming I pause/demolish all the butchers. I will probably pause them, seeing as no telling what buffs may arrive next year. I like the 48hour buff, But i am not keen on the way it destroys the need for my butchers and fish buildings.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    It would be really nice to get a week or two (or forever) of free-building-movement when this new stuff comes out.

I freely admit that my island economy is not very well balanced, there are a large number of buildings that stay perma-snooze zZzZzz.

With maybe 15 (ballpark) new buildings to cover new army, it would be very nice to finally knock some surplus old buildings down and shuffle others around.
    I think quite a few people would like all their new buildings in little groups (maybe where current fishers or farms are sitting) yet, without paying movement fees, that basically only leaves archipelago.

One area I really would like to get balanced is farms as wheat use has been steered by recent changes:
    Lots of Schools = less need for baked settlers
    More settlers in many loots, most now guaranteed drops = less baking
    Different buffs = 100 bread per 24hr rather than 60 per 6hr
    Probably less horses needed as many use MMA where horses were lost and new stables uses only a few
    ++ More brew needed
    == Less farms than I currently have... even less when some are swapped to the Halloween farms

Plenty of stuff to demolish
    Plenty of stuff to move around to make groups
    Plenty of cost involved when some of those are high level buildings at level 5+

Anyway, regarding this thread... all that can wait until after new stuff settles the trade economy... just got to find room for those new buildings and maybe some more population.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    My planning is fairly simple :-

1. accumulate enough stalks to buy MG, at least one set of sector deeds
    2. Make as many bread soldiers as humanly possible.
    3. Make 10 days worth of Mayors house buffs (skunks and masters toolkit)
    4. buy 300 BK adventures and have a strategy to do them fast (you don't want to be at PC all day)
    5. buy arrows, catapults and assasin on cooldown.
    6. Accumulate as much granite and exotic wood planks as possible.
    7. Take some time to catch up on real life.
    8. Have a big adventure rtf and all the troops rebuilt, probably CLT or HLT.

Regarding Island economy not touched anything as such except to add stables x5, IF the Grilled steak is 50 meat to build then 10 fishfarms go back top star menu to free up space for free buildings from events in future. Will buy Improved farms and Improved silo over time for new Islands I presume they will be in merchant after Halloween. Don't really need any more population buildings unless they happen to drop or come from events.

The economy is hard to judge but I don't think much will decrease in value except fish, traditional weapons will still be needed as the rebuilding times on AN adventures is pretty long. Granite will probably spike for a while along with grout but should settle later. Obviously the value of buffs goes up someone will work out a rainbow buff is probably worth 8k gc or something. Until we see the proper loot table for AN adventure can't comment on stuff like saltpetre.

Thought of the day - Maybe we'll see the first 100k gc lootspot in future.

Reply to Thread