Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Preparatory steps for new content

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland

Preparatory steps for new content

We've had a taste of the new content, the new islands, the new enemies as well as our new units+combat system.

(although most buildings are unclickable, and dont show much information).

We are 1 month before the big release, and i am wondering what steps should a mature lvl50 player take, to start preparing for the new content.

For example, it seems that the huge bronze sword chain is not needed anymore, that much. Just a thought.

Start investing and building on what?

Is there something we should do to have a small advantage when the time comes? Apart from stacking endless stacks of swords/beer etc?

World
    Northisle
    From what i can see you'll need a good coal chain... platinum smelters and weaponsmiths will need a lot of it, Also brew because all new troops need as much as cannons to make, and maybe a second powderhut... and probably not much else to start.... save granite... and salt.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Steps:
    • If possible, stockpile some magic beans, maybe even convert them into stalks - you will likely want to buy the 2nd MG and will want to start on the Archipelago (each sector costs 8500 stalks to open on test). Upgrade costs for Fairy Castle to lvl 6 are horrible (20k titanium bars, 10k grout) so there is little reason to wait before converting.
      Note: You can choose to use gems to start on the Archipelago instead. You will still want some stalk based deeds though
    • Stockpile some high experience adventures that you enjoy.
    • Stockpile bronze swords - you will Always need bronze swords, even after you reach level 56 and play new adventures. Maybe stockpile brew and baked settlers too - basically anything that helps running current adventures fast.
    • Have a pre-think about where the new buildings are going on your island - you will want to be buffing most if not all of them (though Mortar and Arquebus chains maybe not ran full time)
      With new farms (x3 speed) on the way, maybe also think about demolishing some excess buildings to adjust economy

The first part of the new stuff is really just the headlong charge to level 56 and that will just be done with old troops on old adventures

All information obviously just reflects test server and may not exactly reflect what we receive on live. As such, maybe hold off on anything you are unsure of (personally I am not converting beans to stalks yet and am not yet demolishing/moving buildings - all that can be done after live)

There is a slim chance that I might compose a guide covering most of the new stuff... time permitting
    Last edited by Tripi; 09.09.15 at 10:30.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripi View Post
    Steps:
    • If possible, stockpile some magic beans, maybe even convert them into stalks - you will likely want to buy the 2nd MG and will want to start on the Archipelago (each sector costs 8500 stalks to open on test). Upgrade costs for Fairy Castle to lvl 6 are horrible (20k titanium bars, 10k grout) so there is little reason to wait before converting.
      Note: You can choose to use gems to start on the Archipelago instead. You will still want some stalk based deeds though
    • Stockpile some high experience adventures that you enjoy.
    • Stockpile bronze swords - you will Always need bronze swords, even after you reach level 56 and play new adventures. Maybe stockpile brew and baked settlers too - basically anything that helps running current adventures fast.
    • Have a pre-think about where the new buildings are going on your island - you will want to be buffing most if not all of them (though Mortar and Arquebus chains maybe not ran full time)
      With new farms (x3 speed) on the way, maybe also think about demolishing some excess buildings to adjust economy

The first part of the new stuff is really just the headlong charge to level 56 and that will just be done with old troops on old adventures

All information obviously just reflects test server and may not exactly reflect what we receive on live. As such, maybe hold off on anything you are unsure of (personally I am not converting beans to stalks yet and am not yet demolishing/moving buildings - all that can be done after live)

There is a slim chance that I might compose a guide covering most of the new stuff... time permitting
    +1 but I would like to add, Pick a decent xp adventure to start day 1 with, get yourself to the last boss and wait for the lvl cap to be lifted, something like a SLT would do nice. Also map frags, eventually we are all gonna run out of SA/NORDS have step 2 taken care of. Star coins are another thing to collect.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yeah that would be ok, but its a matter of saving maybe 1 day of adventuring, (waiting to end the adventure after the level cap rise).

I am talking about big changes here, like for example, building 2nd tit smelter (if needed)
    or strenghening horses production (if needed) etc.

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    stockpile star coins, brew, bread (settlers), bs, coal.
    have enough beanstalk to buy major, licenses and sector deed
    have a lot skunk, mr. myers.

prepare population limit for new units. in worst case will use noble without licence

make plan for grout in next 4 month will be 2 events. don't need upgrade all buildings to lvl 6 immediately.
    make plan for adventures which will play. I will play BK so i need a lot mf, will play some SA not many, so i don't need special prepare for that.
    it's possible buy 2 friary and 6 new farm for brew productions (we will need a lot brew for new units). i will not destroy any my farm and build new, only if buy more than 6. will try also buy improved silos for new farm. still i don't know what will do with water.

my plan for coal is buff coking plant, recycling and coal mine, if that not enough i will start buffing my cutters and will use epic woodyard for coal and will buff epic woodyard. (epic woodyard with x2 buff can make 80% coal what we need for all new buildings)

new buildings and this extra brew production will go on archipelago, also pop buildings for new units will go on new space.
    Also i will increase my sausages productions (that also will go on archipelago). we will need more sausages because of new adventure search

will try on event buy many storehouse. my plan is use only improved storehouse on archipelago (you need only one new storehouse for archipelago)

I will not upgrade my barracks to lvl 6

I think this is all, if i forgot something i will edit my post

as tripi said
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripi View Post
    All information obviously just reflects test server and may not exactly reflect what we receive on live.
    Last edited by corona88; 09.09.15 at 12:57.
    BB don't understand their own game

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Code:
    Swordsman               50 Brew        1 Platinum Sword
    Mounted Swordsman       50 Brew        1 Platinum Sword        1 Battle Horse
    Knight                  50 Brew        1 Battle Horse
    Mounted Marksman        50 Brew        1 Arquebus              1 Battle Horse
    Marksman                50 Brew        1 Arquebus
    Armoured Marksman       50 Brew        1 Arquebus              1 Platinum Sword
    Besieger                50 Brew        1 Mortar

Platinum Swords ::: 
    Platinum Weaponsmith          38 mins                    4 Platinum            32 Coal               = 1 Swords
    Platinum Smelter              18 mins                    2 Ore                 16 Coal               = 1 Platinum

Battle Horse :::
    Elite Stable                  12 mins                    1 Saddle Cloth        1 Horse               = 1 Battle Horse
    SaddleCloth Weaver            12 mins                    2 Woolen Cloth        1 Platinum            = 1 Saddle Cloth
    Weaver                        6 mins                     3 Wool                                      = 1 Woolen Cloth
    Homestead                     6 mins                                                                 = 1 Wool

Arquebus :::
    Arquebus Maker                38 mins                    8 Mahogany            2 Gunpowder           = 1 Arquebus
    PowderHut                     18 mins                    6 Saltpeter                                 = 1 Gunpowder

Mortar :::
    Foundry                       38 mins                    6 Gunpowder           1 Wagon               = 1 Mortar
    Wagon Maker                   25 mins                    6 Mahogany Planks     2 Wheels              = 1 Wagon
    Wheel Maker                   18 mins                    3 EWL                 6 Iron Bars           = 1 Wheel
    Mahogany Wood Sawmill         15 mins                    1 Mahogany                                  = 1 MWP
    From that you should be able to deduce that you will be focusing on, in order of cheapiness:
    Knights - though cheapest, you will likely use/lose more Swordsmen in battles
    Swordsmen
    Mounted Swordsmen
    With possibly Marksmen as a similar cost to Mounted Swordsmen depending on your economy balance and whether you want to produce Arquebuses 24/7 or just as needed.
    The other troops will likely be a standing army, basically train 200/250/270 and then let the weapon production pause until needed again.

In my opinion therefore:
    One powderhut should be plenty (after you make 270 Mortar it is mainly only turned on to make Arquebus, do Scenarios, upgrade things maybe)
    One stable should be plenty - only need one horse per 12 mins to supply Elite Stable
    Titanium? ... I cannot see where this might be needed, except lvl 6 upgrade of FairyCastle
    Coal... enough to support your choice of platinum chain

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Obviously you will want a fair amount of granite too...
    You should loot a fair pile doing enough adventures to climb the experience ladder though. Choose swap-able lootspot style adventures if you run low.

Perspective:
    For one of each of the new buildings you are looking at near 30k granite, just for level one.
    Add in two extra Plat Smelters and a second Plat Swordmaker and you are looking at 45k granite, just for level one.

The undecided parts:
    Mahogany Sawmill - you will want a fair stack of planks for upgrading things... then, once upgraded, you will need hardly any (if Mortars are paused). I figured to just built one and not upgrade it very far at start. Remember too that you can get planks from archipelago loot.
    Exotic Wood Cutter/Forester - hardly worth the effort in my opinion. Decide based upon your stock levels. I think maybe just a level 1 as those are cheap.

World
    Newfoundland
    Mahogany sawmill will be lvl 52, new elite troops will be lvl 54-57, exotic wood forester and cutter at lvl 53 and 54.
    I am doing absolutely no preparation at all.
    I will be doing fairytale adv's once the new lvls start so i can get the xp to get through the first lvls, and on the way getting beans to get those new islands, which on their own will be useless till i have the elite troops to defeat them and the buildings to use on them.
    It is all going to be very, very slow, no matter how much you 'prepare' now, there will be very little to actually do when the new stuff hits, except maybe get some buildings that you already have to lvl 6. Probably going to take me nearly a year to get to lvl 54 as it is.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yeah it seems there is no special preparation as far as island economy to be made.

The only advice = pile up more resources, more weapons, more granite, more beans.

This is nothing new, pretty much was already known...

It's gonna take ages to reach new levels.

You think it worths to throw simple horsemen to new camps, or wait once and for good to start with new army?

Reply to Thread