Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why you don't use Oil instead of Coal? We need Oil !

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove

Thumbs up Why you don't use Oil instead of Coal? We need Oil !

A lot of swamps around, seems there must be an Oil somehow I smell it

i just want to say Hi, first.

But I hope BB take this suggestion seriously, because its become a gap in Historical Timeline specially after XXL or actually even before XXL, and since not a lot of players still even pass level 51 so there is a time to change buildings and its production needs??

Why we do not have Oil?

I think with load of production line that use coal, the coal will become The BIG problem and serious issue later, most of chains for almost anything the coal is involved, I think its time to get something more interesting like Oil?

Or even the coal chain become so harder, think about that you need about 50% of buildings or more just to get coal? (pinewood + coking plants)

How even we do have advanced materials newer than Oil and we do not have the Oil? the Oil know even before AD , the Petroleum from like 347 AD, in modern history its around 1700's while we have platinum and titanium from 1800's?

I think you need to look at the following references to see and look into history timeline :

Petroleum:
    [Removed]
    Edit: even links for Wikipedia not allowed! so Search for Petroleum history

Platinum :
    [Removed]
    Edit: even links for Wikipedia not allowed! so Search for Platinum history

Titanium:
    [Removed]
    Edit: even links for Wikipedia not allowed! so Search for Titanium history

What you think?

Anyway this is just a suggestion , and hopefully will be heard?

----
    Just for fun If you can add nuklear power too

Outside links are not allowed.
    Last edited by TheVictorious; 03.10.15 at 07:21.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    oil rigs off the coast, how bout wind farms too?

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    oil rigs off the coast, how bout wind farms too?
    I think the game must stay in the same age and style, I think wind farms is for power is so modern for the style of game.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVictorious View Post
    I think wind farms is for power is so modern for the style of game.
    DUUUUUUDE!!! how do u make flour? rofl.... apart from that, ye I agree

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    In the time period the game was set hydro power was used a lot as well.

Just because something is known does not imply it was used. Took about 1650 years for steam to be adopted as a power source.
    Last edited by Dorotheus; 04.10.15 at 10:04.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Took about 1650 years for steam to be adopted as a power source.
    ..and wasn't connected to TSO until recently.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    DUUUUUUDE!!! how do u make flour? rofl.... apart from that, ye I agree
    flour is from 6000 BC and mills that make flour is about 70-80 BC !!

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    In the time period the game was set hydro power was used a lot as well.

Just because something is known does not imply it was used. Took about 1650 years for steam to be adopted as a power source.
    i agree, but with "primary" power source, i think it must be adopted, I think there must be a nerf for coal or find another power source instead of using coal, a lot of coal usage and i'm sure this is just battle nick and needed a solution here.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    You do realize that coal is still used as a resource for power generation these days? Check the english wiki for Coal#Uses_today as well as Electricity_generation - it's not just an ancient way to power things, it's still a major resource for power. In the US (as for 2014) electricity generated by coal is about 38%, natural gas about 27%, nuclear about 20%. In Germany it's 43% coal, 26% renewable (solar, wind, water, etc), 16% nuclear and 10% natural gas. Other countries have similar values, depending on their access to certain resources.

Petroleum (crude oil) is mainly used for transportation fuel (81%), for chemical industry (12%, plastics, lubricants, pharmaceuticals, etc), for heavy fuel oil (4%) and for asphalt (3%). Transportation fuels are gasoline (46%), diesel (26%) and kerosene (9%). Heavy fuel oils - those are the ones that are used for power generation. So you want to add petroleum/oil to the game, because of those 4%? In most countries this is about 1-2% of overall energy production.

So if petroleum/oil was added to the game, in order to be a legit resource, you would have to add a lot more: cars, airplanes, modern ships, chemical industries that use petroleum to produce different products etc. And while you add all these, coal consumption will have to rise even more, because all of them need coal.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Colyx View Post
    You do realize that coal is still used as a resource for power generation these days? Check the english wiki for Coal#Uses_today as well as Electricity_generation - it's not just an ancient way to power things, it's still a major resource for power. In the US (as for 2014) electricity generated by coal is about 38%, natural gas about 27%, nuclear about 20%. In Germany it's 43% coal, 26% renewable (solar, wind, water, etc), 16% nuclear and 10% natural gas. Other countries have similar values, depending on their access to certain resources.

Petroleum (crude oil) is mainly used for transportation fuel (81%), for chemical industry (12%, plastics, lubricants, pharmaceuticals, etc), for heavy fuel oil (4%) and for asphalt (3%). Transportation fuels are gasoline (46%), diesel (26%) and kerosene (9%). Heavy fuel oils - those are the ones that are used for power generation. So you want to add petroleum/oil to the game, because of those 4%? In most countries this is about 1-2% of overall energy production.

So if petroleum/oil was added to the game, in order to be a legit resource, you would have to add a lot more: cars, airplanes, modern ships, chemical industries that use petroleum to produce different products etc. And while you add all these, coal consumption will have to rise even more, because all of them need coal.
    I agree, and we still use coal but not so much compared to Oil, but I don't say to replace coal at all, i just meant that we need another power source, and Oil not meaning lets go for Cars, airplanes ... etc because even with coal there was trains, vehicles , ships and so on.

And lets say its an idea

Reply to Thread