Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Game keeps freezing :(

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    was getting game freezes before update so i dont think thats to blame tbh...its something to do with tso and flashplayer together...maybe they using some dodgy calls to the flashplayer code of something but after 2hrs i have to close down game or stop flash in task manager and its alrightish for another 2hrs...

World
    Northisle
    This could be related to my OS but I disabled the hardware acceleration from flash setting and haven't noticed any freezes after that. It could be that there's some problems with the game, flash and/or GL or any combination of them.

The situation can change tomorrow after the maintenance.

World
    Sandycove
    +1
    keeps freezing here too, very often and lasts for up to 10 sec, more or less...

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    I have same issue, actually its random, some ppl says clear cache close browser and so, but for real its random, sometimes happens even a few minutes like 10 times another times just once, later like not happening, the freezes happens so randomly and I have no clear idea why, but i'm pretty sure now its not about the client, but the game coding or server issue.

Something in game freezes once its fail or delay with connection to server or like non-threaded operation when an event happened.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Same issue and only happens on tso. Page freezes totally and I sometimes get the nice big ! in a circle to tell me flash crashed completely/

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    Indeed, this problem...

...seems to have gotten worse with the introduction of the XXL package. I don't know about anyone else, but every single time my game freezes (that doesn't lead to a chat crash) it seems to be followed by some sort of report going into the News chat tab so, if I were to place a bet, I would say the added traffic from folks who had (all but) given up coming back to the game is clogging the tubes to the chat server(s) even further... and they cannae handle it Cap'n!
    Agreed - temporary freezes, usually when an 'event' is trying to occur/notify/etc., and wasn't there before. Confirmed with another player that has never had the problem either. Fortunately, it seems to clear after a few seconds - not such a big problem unless you just happen to be in the middle of a complicated attack...
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Freezing issues for me since new levels were introduced.
    Chat server keeps resetting. Had same issue before new levels but it's much more frequent now.
    Traveling to adventure or back to home island causes temporary lock ups of flash player a number of times till it settles down (loading issues??)

Hope they get this fixed BEFORE introducing new bugs with up coming Halloween event.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle

Waaay too much lag and game freezes...

Anyone else bothered by this?

Merged
    Last edited by MOD_Houri; 10.10.15 at 15:53.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Freezing issue here too.

1. It is much worse since XXL, so much so that if it happened before I hardly noticed it or put it down to general lag.
    2. It is consistent across different browsers
    3. I can almost guarantee it will happen if I do something that sends a fair bit of data back and forth to the server. E.G. cancel a lot of troop builds one after another.

My guess, some kind of load issue with data in/out of the server(s) since XXL. Exacerbated, if not wholly caused by, the increase in player activity due to that upgrade. However I'm no dev, so it could be the way the wind is blowing or the recent moon eclipse...

FWIW I have a reasonably quick computer and a fast fibre internet connection, so I find these to be unlikely causes, particularly since I am not the only person affected.

World
    Newfoundland
    didnt get it first week after XXL have been getting it this week.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Reply to Thread