Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Game keeps freezing :(

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    I think there;s issues with the latest flash player. this may be the cause of all these problems

and for all those about to reply "i use chrome" etc, I think they have even bigger probz.
    Indeed there is:

Removed. Please don't post non-TSO links.

Adobe Flash is notorious in proff. IT communities for it's many security issues, and also for it's frequent performance issues (and this goes for both response times peaking, locally and to the server in Flash based online applications, and in terms of power consumption). It was the main reason why Apple refused to support Flash content on their iPhones and iPads => battery drained in no time).

So for the long term perspective, I fully support the suggestion to BB in other threads here on this forum, that TSO makes a transition to HTML5, hopefully in a not too distant future. Many other browser based MMO games have already made that transition, and I suggest BB to take this under serious consideration, because these problems with Flash can only be remedied to a limited extend. The Flash technology needs a serious overhaul, and that effort is not within BB's control.
    Last edited by MOD_Houri; 17.10.15 at 22:20.

World
    Sandycove
    keeps freezing here too mostly when visiting others and returning home and visiting advs and also going back than just freezes for 30 sec to sometimes 2-3 mins...
    (chrome)
    Retired settler, may 2012 - oktober 2017

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Areop-Enap View Post
    Tried to up the limit for storage in adobe's settings? It made the game run much more smoothly for me. =)

To do so, just right click the game window and click settings. Click the folder icon and move the slider up to 'unlimited'.
    Thank you for this tip - it worked for me, and if I have to do it every time i open the game, so be it. Better than dealing with the never ending freezing.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    I think there;s issues with the latest flash player. this may be the cause of all these problems

and for all those about to reply "i use chrome" etc, I think they have even bigger probz.

I use Chrome and since the latest update to version 46.2490.71m, which is beyond my power to reject it, my mouse pointer suffers a considerable amount of lag (it appears like moving on ice or being dragged around on a very long leash lol). I'm absolutely sure it is due to the Chrome update as i was there when it took place. Game is nearly impossible to play, finding collectibles - out of the question... and the event and pumpkins to find on our isles are at our very doorstep.

Should I get a new browser now and reject Chrome just because of problems with TSO ?
    Need help if anyone knows how to fix or eventually bypass the issue...

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Areop-Enap View Post
    Tried to up the limit for storage in adobe's settings? It made the game run much more smoothly for me. =)

To do so, just right click the game window and click settings. Click the folder icon and move the slider up to 'unlimited'.
    wondering how this is going to help if the Currently used is always at 1KB?
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    [QUOTE=flnielsen;288910]Indeed there is:

flnielsen, I saw the link before it was removed and went there. Best info yet on this topic. Did as suggested and bye-bye to lag problems. Many thanks.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flnielsen View Post
    Indeed there is:

flnielsen, I saw the link before it was removed and went there. Best info yet on this topic. Did as suggested and bye-bye to lag problems. Many thanks.
    Since links aren't allowed, can someone copy the relevant part? Or is that forbidden too?

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    [QUOTE=lordloocan;289047]
    Quote Originally Posted by flnielsen View Post
    Indeed there is:

Thanks

I won't post external links again, but do a google search for "Adobe Flash Player", and top link should be what you're looking for, if you're using any other browser than Chrome. The Chrome browser has it's own substitute/equivalent for a Flash player, which Google keeps updated automatically.

Remember to make updates like these a regular routine, since Adobe makes updates to Flash every now and again (typically when a white hat hacker or IT security analysis company have spotted a new security hole in the Flash software ..... and that happens OFTEN!!!).

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urgh123 View Post
    I use Chrome and since the latest update to version 46.2490.71m, which is beyond my power to reject it, my mouse pointer suffers a considerable amount of lag (it appears like moving on ice or being dragged around on a very long leash lol). I'm absolutely sure it is due to the Chrome update as i was there when it took place. Game is nearly impossible to play, finding collectibles - out of the question... and the event and pumpkins to find on our isles are at our very doorstep.

Should I get a new browser now and reject Chrome just because of problems with TSO ?
    Need help if anyone knows how to fix or eventually bypass the issue...
    I can confirm there's mouse-over tooltip lag ATM when using Chrome, while almost none when using IE or FireFox.

ATM..
    I'm using Chrome when I'm not only playing TSO, but lurking around here in forum - Chrome seems to still be the most stable of those 3 browsers I'm using.
    I use IE when I'm just doing some few stuff for my own island - otherwise it'll soon be too freezy.
    FireFox when I'm looking for colls and are buffing mates' productions.

Also having Task Manager opened to keep track of CPU and memory usage.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    its getting worse XXL patch caused it is a fix coming soon ? seems like the game is crashing at least 10 times a day

Reply to Thread