Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Cancel all queue

World
    Northisle

Managing production queues in barracks and (rarity) provision house

Managing production queues in barracks and (rarity) provision house today is very difficult. It is slow, buggy and error prone and desperately needs improvement.

Nothing is worse than being on an adventure and realising you don't have a few troops you need when your barracks queue is 2 days long. If you order the troops (you better hope you need 25 or fewer or this will take forever more than once) and try to move them to the top of the queue you might have moved them to the top by the time the 2 day queue has finished production. Most people I've spoken to say they just delete the whole queue (which only takes a few hours to do) and reorder everything rather than change the order.

I would like to see 2 changes:

1. A "cancel all" button that deletes all production orders (except the active one probably). With the obvious "Are you sure?"

2. Something we had in The Settlers II on amiga back in the early 90s: "Send to top" and "Send to bottom" buttons for each order. Today we have ">" and "<" buttons on each order, this would just add ">|" and "|<".

A related issue that I see: If you scroll down a long list of orders and cancel one, it takes 10-30 seconds before the cancel goes to and from the servers but when it succeeds you end up in the same place in the list that you scrolled down to. If you move an order up or down, after the long wait you end up at the top of the list and have to scroll down again and find that order. It would be nice if you stayed in the same place (or if the order you clicked was auto-centered in your view).

t00t t00t

World
    Northisle
    Check this post too
    brumpunk

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    The 'send to top' I suggested many moons ago and, despite a good deal of support from the community, it was completely ignored in favour of the lag-inducing click-fest of moving items up and down the queue one place at a time that is utterly useless to anyone who actually plays the game.

Personally, I find it easier and quicker to delete the entire queue one item at a time and rebuild it from scratch than use the current move function, so a 'cancel all' button would be enough of a change for me.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Come on BB we need to be able to change our minds on our list order faster than the current setup. A cancel all or a drag to the top option would be fantastic.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    yeah, some people have days queued in provision houses and barracks, moving things up are a pain... lets just do a simple math, consider a barracks lvl 6:

3000 R, each being 00:00:30 to make, is a total of 25:00:00, that is 120 stacks of 25 units.... to move up a new unit its just insane, 120 times + don't forget every time you move anything from the Queue the window just go up again...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have backed this suggestion up all the other times it have been put, and I still does. And again would love to have some comment from BB about it .

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I like the buttons also.. please fix this!

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    +1 !!

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    +1

Add "move to top", should be easy enough to implement. This would ease most of the pain with the queue.

Reply to Thread