Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: halloween adventure rewards lowered/nerfed?

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland

halloween adventure rewards lowered/nerfed?

is this correct

The Adventures with pumpkins as rewards:

Slot – 60% / 25% / 15%
    Gunpowder: 0, 10, 70
    Lakeside Treasure: 0, 8, 28
    More Secluded Experiments: 0, 14, 49
    Motherly Love: 0, 14, 49
    Pirate Life: 0, 12, 42
    Raiding The Raiders: 0, 6, 21
    Return To The Bandit Nest : 0, 10, 35
    Sleepy Reef: 0, 8, 28
    Stealing From The Rich: 0, 8, 28
    The Black Knights: 0, 18, 63
    The Buccaneer Roundup: 0, 6, 21
    The Clever Little Tailor: 0, 18, 63
    The Heroic Little Tailor: 0, 20, 70
    The Siege: 0, 6, 21
    The Invasion Of The Nords: 0, 12, 42
    The Islands Of The Pirates: 0, 6, 21
    The Nords: 0, 12, 42
    The Sleeping Volcano: 0, 8, 28
    Tomb Raiders: 0, 24, 42
    Whirlwind: 0, 14, 49
    Wild Mary: 0, 14, 49

a 25% chance to get pumpkins? if so BB what is the point of doing adventures when at the very best we will only really get pumpkins from doing 5-6 adv ?

almost seems like halloween is pointless ?

if seen the percentages for this game work and 25% isnt really in our favor heck even my 24% granite explorer searches only bring back granite maybe once after 5-6 tries o.O

so disappointed..

http://www.settlersonlinewiki.eu/eve...loween-2015-2/

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    BB don't understand their own game

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Hmm, this is the only event where explorers cannot find the event resources which makes this the hardest event to get everything for free as a non paying player.

Lower ammounts from adv this year too and I don't like the look of that 60% no pumpkins stat. If that's true then it will be a struggle for most!

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    what about the links? your post had no info at all on numbers drops, you just complained ?
    how is your post supposed to help answer anything in any way ?

that whole thread had no info on anything apart from its lower BB didnt reply

Quote Originally Posted by MutantKid View Post
    Hmm, this is the only event where explorers cannot find the event resources which makes this the hardest event to get everything for free as a non paying player.

Lower ammounts from adv this year too and I don't like the look of that 60% no pumpkins stat. If that's true then it will be a struggle for most!

it looks like its going to be very hard indeed
    Last edited by CoffeePowered; 06.10.15 at 02:03.

Flesh Eating Mushroom Keen Commentor SwampHen's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Just a slight correction to your maths.

60% no pumps. 25% + 15% get pumps = 40%.

Still not encouraging, but better than 25%.
    Deathcap - The Flesh-Eating Mushroom from the Create-An-Enemy Contest 2013

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    This would be an exellent way to help us get rid of all our Wild Marys, Arctic explosions and Co-op adv that fill up the star menu for most of us. But no - why these adventures??
    Why not all adventures and then spice the ones we really don't like up with some extra pumpkins ????

the numbers on wild mary is not going to make me do that. It would have to be a 100% chance to get at least 100 pumpkins and a chance to get maybe 300 if in luck.

This can only be BB´s way to get us to use gems - less pumpkins from advs than we got eggs for easter, no pumpkins from explorers. I don't think the prices has gone down compared to last event.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Maximum noise, no information content as my old science teacher used to say.

You scream about the percentages as if that's a bad thing. Have you asked yourself if that 60%,25%,15% is any different from previous years, have you presented us with that information so that we may make a judgement for ourselves.

Fact: Easter 2015 was the first event where I ran adventures to purposefully obtain event items, yet in all the events in 2013 and 2014 I obtained 10's of thousands of event items and have not had to trade for them either. The only adventure's I ran during events were for leveling up, guild quests or to help guild members.

Fact: The list of adventures to obtain event items has been known to change from what was seen on test and what we actually got on the live server's. Like those times when that happened the players on test have asked for a change, only time will tell us that. That sites information has been proven wrong in the past and of my last checking contains wrong information about guild quests and in this case provides us with a incomplete list of adventures known to drop pumpkins from test.

There is a simple formula for calculating drop amounts based on the difficulty of the adventure (shields) for this upcoming Halloween it looks like it's going to be 0, 3x, 9x where as last Halloween it was 0, 4x, 10x. It would appear that the numbers in that list are a mix of last years drops with some from whats been seen on test and includes a few typo's as well.

I also note that a few adventures known to have dropped pumpkins in this years test are missing from the list but I don't think many will be running the new adventures for pumpkins, even fewer will have the new troops to do them without wiping their army's out.

I suspect the lower drop amounts are BB's response to the fact that we can run those adventures faster and with less troop losses compared to last year. Comparing last year with this years test I can see a 18% gain in pumpkins per troop loss if I choose to run the right adventures.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post

You scream about the percentages as if that's a bad thing. Have you asked yourself if that 60%,25%,15% is any different from previous years, have you presented us with that information so that we may make a judgement for ourselves.
    Dorotheus you posts frequently intrigue me, I do not have the information or facts to really argue although you do sometimes seem to drop in factoids out of the blue and expect us to accept them. Which may be fair enough.

I am intrigued (elsewhere) by the notion of 38million xp a day (or something... trying to remember the exact figure off the top of my head sorry) I do not question that it might be possible . Presented without evidence I have spent a little time trying to work out how. I do not say your arguments are wrong, but where is the evidence....

Here you can see an 18% gain if you choose the right adventures. You might, but could you enlighten us? Again I am in no position to say you are wrong because I do not have the evidence on which you place your assertion. I would suggest however that ultimately it is not really information on which we can 'make a judgement for ourselves'. I can see that with extra generals etc we can run adventures faster but a little enlightenment as to how you come to 18% would maybe add weight to your argument.

Also I hope you don't mind me pointing out but whilst I cannot remember last years drop rates I can actually see (assuming we are using coffee powered's figures) this years rates appear to be 0,2,7 x difficulty level (except TR seems wrong) and not 0,3,9 as you have 'calculated'. I guess you made a mistake, I frequently do, but we are supposed to believe 18% as scientific, as information and not noise?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post

Please - we are entitled to have a different opinion from what you have. No one is screaming. Start showing some respect for other players and use a more appropriate tone.
    Last edited by Urd123; 06.10.15 at 08:40. Reason: No reason to be sarcastic really

World
    Newfoundland
    I have to agree with Dorotheus, Some of the test information has been proved wrong time after time, it should never been taken as gospel. I would also have to agree on that I/We can farm faster this year than last year, So in truth just looking at a segment of information and ignoring other key information doesn't give a fair reflection of the event.

Urd123, pumpkins should really have increased in value this halloween, not gone down.

Reply to Thread