Reply to Thread

Thread: the monkeys have escaped

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle

the monkeys have escaped

once upon a time there were some caged monkeys, their welfare was ok as they knew how to count - not only were they fed and cared for; in a fortunate for some, twisted for others turn of events they had their cage doors opened at once; first monkey knew how to count to two so it opened every other cage then escaped to freedom, the 2nd knew how to count to three so it opened every 3rd door then escaped to freedom etc etc

this an example of how to introduce diophantine math to kids as the question is how many doors are opened and how many closed given 100 monkeys and cages - i.e. the parity of the number of divisor of numbers between 1 and 100 is involved

every new big-ish release makes me think of them cage doors as bugs/features reappear or not

people go on about the QM - most of the adv zones have changed
    most disturbing thus far is the SE ls where general exit is absent so you cant attack or move it, you can send it back home; bk has less empty space in the north corner of the LZ, wm lacks an obstacle so trimy's 1st block isn't working anymore, other obstacles have appeared by artificially removing valid paths from the beach zones ... etc etc

one nice feature recent is gone: the general would maintain a greyed checkmark if you didn't change it's troop content... not anymore - immediately after loading a general the checkmark stays green

the exotic tree resource points look a lot more like poorly copied and placed tree nurseries then tree deposits

in other news, the skill quests for adventures are also featuring features - about two thirds give xp, the others aren't;
    plus mails from the lucky with 2 adventures and a skill quest don't actually give the quest (yeah, two valid for quest adv and without preexisting skill quest in either)

one very cool feature - the adv zone became disconnected while both my ls came in and had their kills, chat/mail working and everything

i can safely state that the absence of version control is responsible for more then half the frustration present while not only playing but making the game

oh, an old time favourite, number one favourite - 'ping' new quest is back; thank you for not issuing it every half hour

last but not least - is it intended for the extra storehouse to be 1.5 x 1.5 grids?
    Attached Images

Reply to Thread