Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Removing trees and shrubbery

World
    Sandycove
    I wouldn't mind more space, but I do consider one of the game strategic elements is how well you can use the spaces available. If every space was available it would end up looking like even rows and columns of buildings all stacked next to each other requiring very little skill.

I'm very impressed when I look at some kingdoms about how well they have squeezed every possible building site into productivity. I don' think I want to see that completely go away.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle

Clearly space for a mag res to be built here. Lots of other people have got one there because they used the old tricks to remove that stupid little bush. Those bushes should simply not block building

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Xibor raises a good point. One big essence of TSO is building your island, and that includes making decisions from where things go, to how things are exactly placed. Now multiple players could look at that screenshot Hazgod, and they'll see different opportunities: some might see the potential for many smaller buildings to fit around that space, whilst others may look to squeeze in the biggest they can fit.

All in all, there is a bit of strategy to TSO when it comes to placing down your buildings, and part of the magic I really love is seeing what different players do with the same space!

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    Xibor raises a good point. One big essence of TSO is building your island, and that includes making decisions from where things go, to how things are exactly placed. Now multiple players could look at that screenshot Hazgod, and they'll see different opportunities: some might see the potential for many smaller buildings to fit around that space, whilst others may look to squeeze in the biggest they can fit.

All in all, there is a bit of strategy to TSO when it comes to placing down your buildings, and part of the magic I really love is seeing what different players do with the same space!
    However it's not exactly fair that some have been able to use an exploit and get more space that way. That's not strategy.

World
    Newfoundland
    i dare not move or remove anything on my island.
    did that once and a tree appeared underneath the building and now i cant build there. i didnt use any tricks to build there and i couldnt have removed the tree with tricks anyway. yet there it is. great.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlizz View Post
    However it's not exactly fair that some have been able to use an exploit and get more space that way. That's not strategy.
    Not all are exploits, the game was `updated' some time ago and more building space was added, and yes, some trees and shrubs were repositioned in the process. As Topgearfan suggests, there is a downside to those players having pre-positioned buildings before the update...namely its hard to know which buildings are effected, so its a real gamble if we want to try a new layout. If we move a building thinking we could move a bigger building into that space, but then find its not possible due to a `new shrub or tree' we also lose the original building placement and that could in effect act as a double whammy as now we need to re-locate that one as well..so its not as a one sided advantage that you might think
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    i've lost 3 nobles this way. only thing u can do is suck it up and accept settlers little foibles

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    my island looks like the after shock of a dogs bowl after she has rammed her face in it hahah
    when i spend time worrieing if i can get another building on it , ill go completely barmy and need higher professional help

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Well I have used to "flower on a bush" trick and not had a zone lockout, and I am utilising several of these spaces. We have flower beds which people can place if they want a random bush in the middle of nowhere, big building areas just shouldn't be blocked by these. Alternatively a building which takes up the same area per population as mag res but with a much smaller footprint which we can buy as an alternative with star coins would work for this sort of situation. Still sucks for things like the epic yards though

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    4x lvl 6 gingerbread house is 460 pop

Reply to Thread