Reply to Thread

Thread: "New Settlers" quest cant be completed - please help

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

"New Settlers" quest cant be completed - please help

Hello,
    I have searched for threads on this and i did not find anything that helps. So if this ai double post i am sorry.
    I am currently level 10 and trying to complete the "New Settlers" quest. It is asking me to add to my population from my star menu. I currently have 50/50 settlers. When i try to add the settlers to my Mayor's house i get a red message on the top left of the screen that says i can't add to the popultion and i need to updargde my residneces or build new ones. I am level 10 and need to be level 15 to build residences. But i dont see how i get to level 15 if i cant get past the "New Settlers" quest.

What am i missing here? What do i need to do to add the settlers to get past the quest?

Thank you for your help.

World
    Sandycove
    It's been a long time since I've been there, but I took a look at the wiki and it looks like starting at level 5 your can build houses. Are you sure you can't build another house?
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Hello,

It wont let me build a residence. It is shaded out and says that level 15 is requeired. I also cant mine marble yet so i dont even have the resources to build those building. I think finishing this new settlers quest is holding me up from being able to continue through the game. I just dont know how to add 10 popultion if it is at 50/50. Can i kill off settlers?

World
    Sandycove
    A regular residence only takes stone and pinewood planks. You should be able to have those. To upgrade from a level 1 you do need marble, but not to build a new level 1 residence. It's the on the first building tab. Are you maybe looking at the noble residence? That one does take marble for level 1. You want the one that costs 40 pinewood planks and 60 stone and the first building tab.
    You can't kill off settlers without making them into soldiers and attacking something - that will come later
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    i see the one you are talking about. The cheap one for 40 wood and 60 stone. That is the one that is shaded out that i cant buy. i can only buy things off the first tab. and the 2nd tab i can only build a stone miner and copper miner
    Last edited by CaptaSpoof; 14.10.15 at 03:23.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Ask for help in help tab of chat, there are knowledgeable players there who can help you.

You may also want to try the following.
    1. Click on your Explorer in star menu (this may take a few tries)
    2. Go to build menu, click the greyed storehouse icon
    3. Log out for *at least* 15 minutes then try 1 & 2 again
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    this is a common 'problem' for new players. Residences are indeed at lvl 15, but it is also possible to get to lvl 15 without doing the 'add new settlers' quest. Just follow your other quests, and when you reach lvl 15 build the residence and add them.
    As dorotheus said, asking in the help chat tab will get you help far quicker.

ps the new settlers quest normally pops at about lvl 4 when the pop limit is not yet full, so can be done then, but some new players do not complete the tutorial fully before logging out, so the pop limit fills up, leading them to need to then wait till lvl 15.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Thank you kit, That is probably what i have to do. it is going to take a while to get to level 15. I cant complete any of the 5 main quests. I think the only one i can do is the daily quest which is collectiong 100 copper.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Log in every day, on Day 7 you will receive 100 gems for your log in reward. Use this to buy a Noble residence from the architects tab of the chest. As a brought building there is no level requirement to stop you building it, all you have to do is click on it in your star menu then build it like a built building. It wont take up a building licence and will give you room for 30 more population thus letting you complete the quest.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptaSpoof View Post
    I cant complete any of the 5 main quests. I think the only one i can do is the daily quest which is collectiong 100 copper.
    Which main quests do you have?

The Main Quest "New Settlers" gives no experience points, only 10 settlers as the reward so it doesn't help in leveling. Like another Main with no xp, "Missing Tools", it's just to introduce the Merchant.

Daily Quests also have no xp but at least one of the other Main Quests with xp in the reward should be available.

The three quests that give xp at 10 should be:

• Under "System Functions":

The Advanced Options: (10): Open the Advanced Options window. Also found in the half-cog menu below your avatar is a whole cog button, it opens more options for sound and graphics settings. (Currently, 30.09.15, the mouseover text on the button reads only "Options" but they are actually "Advanced.") Reward: 25 xp

• Under "Tool Production":

Coal: (10): Own at least one Coking Plant. Reward: 30 xp

• Under "Update Older Production Chains"

Changed Economy Balance: (10): Open the Economy Overview, Choose Pinewood (Pine Log) from the list in the Economic Overview, Choose Pinewood Deposit (Tree) from the resource tree in the Economic Overview. Reward: 20 xp
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 15.10.15 at 13:09. Reason: Added quests - "Missing Tools"

Reply to Thread