Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Exotic Wood Tree Nursery changes

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    Of course they can change a building's production/behaviour.. Do I really have to link examples?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    I can think of many examples where cycle times or input and output ratio's have been changed, but can not recall even one example of what it produces has been changed so feel free to put up your links.
    Flour mills producing water.......
    Settlers Headquarters functions as a storehouse.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by corona88 View Post
    They only change times, resources needed, but they never change production. villages school will always produce settlers.
    also change production is very bad. if BB do that we will never know what we buying. i think i buying watermill for water, but tomorrow that can be something else. sorry but that is very bad. we always must know what we buying.
    Your examples doesn't make sense here as you compare a depleting building with nondepleting.
    Those who buy EWTN just for production will probably empty it within 2 months (sooner if they'd do some upgradings) - I know some playing like this;
    Almost every still existing EWTN are there just for the show.

As stated in the original post, there is an issue about EWTN doesn't produce what it seems it would. Fixing that by changing the EWTN graphics would cause more complaints than doing as suggested here in the original post.

Then I wonder how you think your last sentence should stick to what you previous wrote, as they contradict each other..
    Quote Originally Posted by corona88 View Post
    always will be "out of date" buildings and resources, because game need changes and upgrades. they can't stay same forever

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Do what, are you actually serious.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Do what, are you actually serious.
    Try learn to read.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    the settlers hq does act as storehouse atm, can't think of any building outputting anything other than what was intended by design. I think some had the input/output ratio's changed pvp weapons come to mind. The OP would of been better aimed at increasing the output of the granite pit and nursery rather than going for a change in material, never saw the logic of taking 3 from total and outputting 1.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Been trying since I first saw this thread, but I have failed to come up with a single reason why Blue Byte would choose to do as the OP suggests rather than producing an entirely new Mahogany Tree Nursery in addition to the existing Exotic Wood one.

The object of gem items is to entice as many people as possible to spend money on gems. From a business perspective, turning a building useful to anyone of level 31 or above into a building only useful to someone of level 52 or above makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    the settlers hq does act as storehouse atm, can't think of any building outputting anything other than what was intended by design. I think some had the input/output ratio's changed pvp weapons come to mind.
    Intended or not, that's not the question.
    Technically everything placed on the map and using up building space is a building. (Hence Colls using BL issues, eg Footballs cost a building licence). BB devs may add w/e funtionality they like to a building - no extra code needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    The OP would of been better aimed at increasing the output of the granite pit and nursery rather than going for a change in material, never saw the logic of taking 3 from total and outputting 1.
    Why should I? There's already plenty of threads about that.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    Been trying since I first saw this thread, but I have failed to come up with a single reason why Blue Byte would choose to do as the OP suggests rather than producing an entirely new Mahogany Tree Nursery in addition to the existing Exotic Wood one.
    Yes, and that's what would bother EWTN owners. If BB would fix this EWTN outfit issue and add a MWTN using the old EWTN graphics.

The object of gem items is to entice as many people as possible to spend money on gems. From a business perspective, turning a building useful to anyone of level 31 or above into a building only useful to someone of level 52 or above makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
    Not true. EWTN ain't that useful to anyone above level 52 as a MWTN wouldn't be useful to someone of level 31 or above. By your logic none should get granite until they actually can use it up on constructing/upgrading buildings.

Also original post do not exclude the possibilty for BB to add a new EWTN using corrected graphics.

I bet none of the negative replies here are coming from owners of an EWTN nor from someones who know anyone who'd used one.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    EWTN ain't that useful to anyone above level 52...
    But it is not totally useless to them whereas a MWTN would be for anyone below that level.

By your logic none should get granite until they actually can use it up on constructing/upgrading buildings.
    No.. by my logic nobody should consider buying a Granite Pit until they can actually make use of the granite it produces.

Actually, IMO, no-one should consider buying a Granite Pit at all, but that's a different argument... the point here is that there is a big difference between earning resources in game (from explorers/loot/etc.) and using gems to obtain them. Anyone below level 52 who owns an EWTN is likely to be more than a little annoyed if your suggestion was to come to pass and a building they paid gems for suddenly stops producing a resource they can use and instead produces one they can't.

Bottom line: If your suggestion was to produce new graphics for the EWTN and use the existing graphics to produce a new MWTN building, then I would have no issue with it. However, changing the resources that a gem-bought building produces from one type to another would, in my opinion, set an uncomfortable precedent and I strongly suspect that Blue Byte would feel the same, as it could open the door to an lot of "that's not what I paid for" complaints, particularly from anyone closer to the level 31 end of the spectrum of potential purchasers.
    Last edited by Ozzymandeus; 18.10.15 at 00:36.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    the point here is that there is a big difference between earning resources in game (from explorers/loot/etc.) and using gems to obtain them. Anyone below level 52 who owns an EWTN is likely to be more than a little annoyed if your suggestion was to come to pass and a building they paid gems for suddenly stops producing a resource they can use and instead produces one they can't.

Bottom line: If your suggestion was to produce new graphics for the EWTN and use the existing graphics to produce a new MWTN building, then I would have no issue with it. However, changing the resources that a gem-bought building produces from one type to another would, in my opinion, set an uncomfortable precedent and I strongly suspect that Blue Byte would feel the same, as it could open the door to an lot of "that's not what I paid for" complaints, particularly from anyone closer to the level 31 end of the spectrum of potential purchasers.
    And obviously you're not an owner of an EWTN or know anyone who'd used one.
    As I've already answered corona88..
    Those who buy EWTN just for production will probably empty it within 2 months (sooner if they'd do some upgradings) - I know some playing like this;
    Almost every still existing EWTN are there just for the show.

As stated in the original post, there is an issue about EWTN doesn't produce what it seems it would. Fixing that by changing the EWTN graphics would cause more complaints than doing as suggested here in the original post.

Closed Thread