Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Halloween Event 2015

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    Fair point - I'll give you that (selected quoting is not appropriate).

From my perspective the achievements were doable - but if it was really the case that they were not, then that is not correct and it should not have happened. It seems clear that some players were shorted on the pumpkin drops regardless of how hard they tried so in that case it was not correct.

So I offer a general retraction
    From your perspective, they were doable.
    I may have missed 6-7 collectibles total(!) throughout the entire course of the event. I am now still below 75 pumpkins. So, my perspective differs.

It was, based on the output of the Random Number Generator, technically impossible for some players, including me, to complete this "achievement".
    They could have an achievement "Flip a coin. Get Heads. You only get 1 flip." - same logic as this "achievement".
    Some players are screwed by the RNG, others benefit.

Tell me about fair, about "entitlement".
    I have gotten well over 6000 pumpkins during the event. I even gave lots of them away to lower levelled players - who, unlike me, have had NO PROBLEM AT ALL to complete "Pumpking".
    It feels completely idiotic to be cheated out of an "achievement" that I have put a whole lot of effort (and the occasional Fairy Fire) into when it's handed to others on a silver platter.

If we deserve anything, it's being treated equally.
    And that doesn't mean "Hey, you're an extremely active high level player, how about we screw you over?"

My complaint is that this is not the first time this happened. I've been around since long before the "Crisis" quest where some players got their quest done with 1 adventure reward, others still had the shaft after 30, requiring an adventure which, at that time, was itself only available as a random reward from Adventure searches (at 3% chance, mind you).

The devs still have not learned that random rewards do badly for "achievements".
    Years after we told them, strongly, and they replied that they got the memo. Seems that either their memory is bad - or their comprehension capability is low.

Aside from that: How can it be that some players consistently get 20+ collectibles, day after day, week after week, month after month --- while other players get only half that much? Not even worth mentioning, given all the glaring problems this game still has - 3 years after Beta ended.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    After investigating the recent complaints regarding a lower drop rate for Stripy Eggs on Explorer searches, the conclusion was that the drop rate wasn't changed.
    Sturdy Shovel was not working correctly when it came to Stripy Eggs and Explorers were finding a significantly increased number of event resources (Stripy Eggs) when this skill was involved (approx 4 times more).
    THIS stuff gets fixed mid-event, but when players actually suffer from a bug ... wait and see ...

There was time to change the Improved Farm, which would give players a whopping 1-2k Wheat extra per week if left unfixed, but no time to fix the Pumpkins Collectible issues, where 1 pumpkin now has a value higher than all the extra Wheat an Improved Farm provides in a month.

There's always a way to push in a nerf as emergency hotfix, but never enough time to fix the stuff that destroys fun.

Any comment from BB?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post

Any comment from BB?
    Do you really expect one when they can't even bother to keep us as informed as the German servers.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Do you really expect one when they can't even bother to keep us as informed as the German servers.
    In an ideal world I'd expect a hotfix that completed the achievement for everyone, yes some would get lucky and receive 75 pumpkins for nothing. This is one achievement I can never catch up on so it irks me a little. Sharpielein's comment pretty much sums up how fix's seem to be applied these days which is a bit sad.

Been a reasonable event for me and the people I know, had to skip a few things in merchant as grout a priority for me atm but overall I got what I needed.

World
    Newfoundland
    Do trick/treat buffs remain in star and usable after removal phase 2 ??

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    yes, you just cant make anymore
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    That's what I hoped, the wording in the dev notes is ambiguous though

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    As predicted, I ended up with the grand total of 96 pumpkins - four short of the achievement. It didn't occur to me that getting 10-12 collectibles every time might not be normal? Do I get punished for having an overly full island?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    As predicted, I ended up with the grand total of 96 pumpkins - four short of the achievement. It didn't occur to me that getting 10-12 collectibles every time might not be normal? Do I get punished for having an overly full island?
    i was getting an average of 9 collectables on some days yet others were getting 18 plus

Flesh Eating Mushroom Keen Commentor SwampHen's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Some guildies lower than level 50 were getting 35+ collectibles each spawn. On the German server thread, people who have liberated the archipelago were getting less than 10 collectibles each spawn. I hope they fix this for Christmas. I was getting 16-20 collectibles. I used fairy fires twice a day. I finished the achievement on the second last day of the event. It shouldn't have been like that! Hearing about people getting 35+ collectibles felt like they are punishing the people who play the game the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    If you have extra islands conquered then:

http://forum.diesiedleronline.de/thr...=1#post1215754
    Deathcap - The Flesh-Eating Mushroom from the Create-An-Enemy Contest 2013

Reply to Thread