Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Get the mines/wheatfields out of the building queue

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    agreed, nothing more annoying than spending all morning waiting to build 10 mines and fields

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by bullybeef View Post
    I am certain it drives many new players away
    For sure!

These days I do not build wells or fields anymore but I well remember how streneous it was to rebuild them - sitting and waiting and not being able to do anything else.
    It would be fine if you could click on a depleted well or field and then a pop up window appears asking if you want to rebuild it. Thus you could give the orders for rebuilding and then concentrate on other things. The building time could stay the same. I suggest that you get 2 workers: one for the building queue and one for the rebuilding tasks. (In fact the rebuilder would be the third worker since the second one is responsible for buildings from the shop.)
    For the mines a similar solution could be used. A pop up window could appear at the moment the geologist finds a new deposit, asking if you want to have a mine built at that moment. If you don't want that, you could click on the deposit later on and then have it build like with wells and fields.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    As I often work long hours I often just log in in the evening so that I do not miss the log in bonus. So I do not have the time to wait 5 minutes for an iron mine. I would greatly appreciate it if I just could give the building orders and leave.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Hopefully something like this is in the long promised island science skill set
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Stupid, pointless idea and I'd I can't see why people felt it was worth sending a blanket spam email out to try and bolster support

Personally I think the devs would be better off fixing the guild quest cancellation bug and stopping MC Hammer visiting me every 10 minutes.
    HOTFIX!

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I greatly dislike building all 3 to the point where often I don't, or buy the appropriate building to save me bothering which I guess is how it is intended to be. That being said water is such a problem now that I'm building wells again and it has reminded me how much of a pain it is, honestly I do not want to be switching back and fort from adventures every 4 minutes to lay some more, I would fully support either them being out of the build queue or having their own separate queue of say 15-20 wells.

fields just add wheat refills instead of meat to adventures.

Finally mines another compromise would probably be better, I would award a new build slot every few levels after 50 I would also put the default position of any building to sleep once it's built. therefore you could lay a string of mines down and not have to keep coming back every few minutes to put them to sleep. On this one I might even buy those perm building slots from the merchant if mines built and went straight to sleep, atm it would be pointless to buy them if I still have to revisit my Island to sleep them.

World
    Sandycove
    As I said in chat, and before on iron rebalancing thread, the build queue and rebuilding are only symptoms of the problem, and this suggestion does nothing to provide the cure.
    For iron mines - BB need to put 4 endless Iron mines for sale in merchant to provide `choice' and/or increase the deposit amounts on home island by 50%
    As for fields and wells - you already have the choice of numerous field and well capacities ( not forgetting buff refills you can make yourself for fields ) and now watermills and silos. Field rebuilding should no longer be a problem for high level players.....unless they are moaning that they demolished/sold bread/brew making chain and are now regretting it
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I totally agree with RinceWinde`s suggestion - remove building queue

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I totally agree to remove mines from the building queue as well as mines should be excluded from the building licences as well

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Larili View Post
    Field rebuilding should no longer be a problem for high level players.....
    I couldn't say whether it is as I'm not a high level player. I'm a mid-level bored with endlessly logging on just to fill up my build queue and then sit waiting for more space to appear to build more stuff. The exact same stuff I built last time I logged on. I'm a patient person, which is probably the reason I am still playing while many, many new players are tuning out and doing something else.

Reply to Thread