Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Get the mines/wheatfields out of the building queue

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Agree, let mines be the same as marble and stone deposits. Keep the mine infrastructure, send out a geo to find a "new" deposit but use the stucture already in place.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharonna View Post
    i have spent money on the game to help myself so feel i can have a say. Lost many friends from game as they don't have the time to play long enough to build all they need on a daily basis. Pity people who expect BB to change the game because they have got to high level cant say nicer things for changes like this for lower levels. . From my point of view reduction in build time of these resource builds would benefit the game.
    Since I'm the only other dissenting voice I guess you mean me.

BB have made loads of changes to this game that has made it easier and easier. It took me 2 years to get to lv50. A player who recently joined my guild did in in 6 months. MMAs, high XP adventures, powerful buffs from lucky explorers, science tree, premium, star coins... it has all made the game less challenging (i.e. easier to progress from low level quickly). I agree with Brayarg 100% on this. Watermills and silos have been a part of the game since the early days and any player who is committed to the game will invest in them slowly and see the payoff in time saving. If not, and they really don't have time, then I guess there are other faster paced games they will enjoy better. The whole point of an economic/stategy game like this is watching things develop over time.
    Last edited by Jim_B; 18.10.15 at 20:25.
    HOTFIX!

World
    Sandycove
    My opinion is in line with those comments that have pointed out 1) There are many ways (over time) to reduce the need of the mines, 2) A good game is not always easy - else where's the challenge (and thereby the feeling of reward), 3) good scheduling can help, 4) add geologists, and there are others.

For those who want always easy, fast, little effort, automatic push button and everything magically works with no micro-management then I suggest finding another game and probably avoid city-builders because 'hurry up and wait' is a very common theme.

1/2 hour in the morning and 1/2 hour in the evening and I have every mine I want. The geologists look while I'm working and I build at lunch or when I get home. I don't see a real problem here.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    If wheat fields was taken out of the build queue there would be no real need for silos. Same with Copper mines and the endless mine equivalents. And then with the other mines it would make the need for refills less important - so no as this would then have a downward spiral impact upon trade and the wider mechanism of the game.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Cwen View Post
    Agree, let mines be the same as marble and stone deposits. Keep the mine infrastructure, send out a geo to find a "new" deposit but use the stucture already in place.
    Curious, what this would mean for the tool chain?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Odd how no-one ever asks for something to make the game harder/slower. The 'I want it and I want it now' mentality?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    bit of a design flaw in this idea, a lot of us run upgraded mines
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Odd how no-one ever asks for something to make the game harder/slower. The 'I want it and I want it now' mentality?
    So all those that wanted new levels didn't ask for and get something harder and slower ?

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    in the early versions of the game you had builders - bring those back then you could just select the buildings and the queue is caused because you have limited builders - but at least you do not have to wait

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordieman View Post
    in the early versions of the game you had builders - bring those back then you could just select the buildings and the queue is caused because you have limited builders - but at least you do not have to wait
    Now that's not a bad idea actually, that would solve a multitude of my problems.

Reply to Thread