Thread: Get the mines/wheatfields out of the building queue

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    same here, brilliant idea

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Mines are only thing that keeps me coming every day. If You take that away, there is no point to come every day. Not to mention that refills will become worthless. What will be the next suggestion, automatic geologists? Unlimited build queue? Game that plays itself?

Flesh Eating Mushroom Keen Commentor SwampHen's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    If you are struggling with mines/wheatfields/wells, perhaps you've built more farms/bakeries/iron smelters/steel smelters than you are capable of sustaining?

I see a lot of under level 40 players with unbuffed iron mines/coal mines/iron smelters/steel smelters/weapon smiths. You need to make the island that you can bear with maintaining. And if you can't be bothered with buffs, don't run the iron smelter etc. Sell the iron ore and coal you are mining to higher level players that will buff those buildings. You'll get plenty of gold coins that you can use to buy weapons.

Over time, you are able to add watermills/silos/recyclers that save a lot of the tedium.

I don't try to keep all the iron mines constantly built. I stick to about 5, and I don't run my iron weaponsmiths all of the time. When I do run them, they are buffed. Same for the smelters.

Learn to sleep the high end weapons buildings and smelters. Don't build so many farms! Use buffs!

(Obviously, this is not to you bluesavannah or anyone over level 50.)
    Last edited by SwampHen; 19.10.15 at 00:47.
    Deathcap - The Flesh-Eating Mushroom from the Create-An-Enemy Contest 2013

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampHen View Post
    If you are struggling with mines/wheatfields/wells, perhaps you've built more farms/bakeries/iron smelters/steel smelters than you are capable of sustaining?

I see a lot of under level 40 players with unbuffed iron mines/coal mines/iron smelters/steel smelters/weapon smiths. You need to make the island that you can bear with maintaining. And if you can't be bothered with buffs, don't run the iron smelter etc. Sell the iron ore and coal you are mining to higher level players that will buff those buildings. You'll get plenty of gold coins that you can use to buy weapons.

Over time, you are able to add watermills/silos/recyclers that save a lot of the tedium.

I don't try to keep all the iron mines constantly built. I stick to about 5, and I don't run my iron weaponsmiths all of the time. When I do run them, they are buffed. Same for the smelters.

Learn to sleep the high end weapons buildings and smelters. Don't build so many farms! Use buffs!

(Obviously, this is not to you bluesavannah or anyone over level 50.)
    excellent advice, always set your Island to what you can manage. If it's a choir to play your doing something wrong.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordieman View Post
    in the early versions of the game you had builders - bring those back then you could just select the buildings and the queue is caused because you have limited builders - but at least you do not have to wait
    This! +1

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I agree with the removal of the mines from the building queue, and like the idea with the Miners Huts

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    So all those that wanted new levels didn't ask for and get something harder and slower ?
    Not sure they asked for harder and slower, just new. What they asked for/wanted and what they got aren't necessarily the same things.

World
    Newfoundland
    I wanted new levels, never really asked for harder and slower specifically but am happy with what we got in general.

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Brayarg View Post
    If the amount of building slots is an issue spend some gems so you are able to increase the amount.
    If fields or wells are an issue, then spend some gems/coin on watermills and silos.
    If its the amount of time the geo's need is an issue, buy some more geo's.
    If coal/copper is an issue. spend gems on ECM or recycles/epic woodyard.
    If iron is an issue, obtain licence free mines and use top ups to keep them going...

There are enough options to bypass most time consuming sinks.... given time/gems.
    exactly.

building queue we need only for mines, well and wheatfield. removing that will be bad
    games is business and must be profitable.

also all this stuff we can get in game for free, if you have enough patience.

i just wait for next suggestion, gem pit for gc/granite/beans. will be 10 pages +1, but that is bad for game
    BB don't understand their own game

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    +1 for Geordies suggestion, that's brilliant . As long as you do not have to present to have the most glorious work to put a mine there every 5 minutes.

Reply to Thread