Reply to Thread

Thread: Placing water on neighbors' golems

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland

Placing water on neighbors' golems

I don't know if the has been asked before, but I couldn't find a thread about it. Re the achievements requiring putting water on neighbors' golems, if we kill the neighbor's golem, who gets the quest reward for defeating the golem? You or your neighbor?

World
    Sandycove
    The way I was planning to do it was to only do some of the required water and letting my friend finish it off. Then we both will get credit. As far as who would get credit for the kill, I would *guess* that the player that used the last buff would, but I'm not sure.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    You get the achievement rewards for placing the appropriate water on the different golem on some of your friends island. The player whose island its on gets the credit for the golem kill. However this was bugged last year as friends killed of someone's golem before they could complete the initial questline. What Xibor says is the safest way to do this, and always ask first before applying enough water to kill him outright. I'm sure with the later golems people will be more than happy to have you apply the more expensive water to their golem, just be careful with the first few.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    I want to ask, achievement says destroy 5 golems in my land, what if friends killed it for me, is it count? Anybody experienced this?

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Tested it out and for us it counted for both. I killed his golem, got my "use water" achievement and he got the quest and achievement done for the "kill"

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    As far as I can tell as long as a player has done the golem quests there is no harm helping them out after for achievments.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Escape_Artist View Post
    Tested it out and for us it counted for both. I killed his golem, got my "use water" achievement and he got the quest and achievement done for the "kill"
    Nice to know - thanks for that. My approach has been to take a friend's golem until 1 water for death, then let them finish it - but helpful to know you can do the whole thing yourself and they will get credit for the dead golem.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread