Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: No pumpkins among collectibles

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I dont think the Archipelago has any influence. I have cleared all, but not build much on the islands. Main island is very crowded. Other players with more empty main islands and no archipelago, find 12- 20 each time collies spawn.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    I dont think the Archipelago has any influence. I have cleared all, but not build much on the islands. Main island is very crowded. Other players with more empty main islands and no archipelago, find 12- 20 each time collies spawn.
    You aren't listening to what people are saying.
    And your theory of space=collies is rubbish as far as my island goes.
    Like you I have a crowded main island. I have cleared only two archipelago sectors (less than you) and have five buildings there. Yet I get 18-24 collies each spawn, and most of those are on the main island.
    I don't get many pumpkin ones out of those, though, and it's touch and go if i'll get the 100 achievement, but this disproves your theory that total amount of collies each spawn must depend on island space.
    As others have said, it is pure bad luck, or players like you are being affected by something else entirely.
    Collies seem to like hiding in improved storehouses. I have very many of these storehouses, do you? Could that be why I spawn more than you?

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    So many so called experts saying has nothing to do with space and there's no bug are talking rubbish. How is it not a bug that over 75% of my collectibles appear in Improved storehouses ? How is it every single collection on Sandycove results in in average of 10 yet on Northisle every single collectible quest averages in 20 the only variable is available space. Luck is where you can get between two numbers say 10-25, which seems to be about the range reported here, my luck seems to be between 8-12. Proven fact put flowers over a spawn point of collectible and collectible will never ever spawn there again. Thus proving put enough buildings down you remove spawn points.

last spawn seemed to avoid storehouses. still 11 though.
    Last edited by Bluesavanah; 04.11.15 at 04:19.

Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning.
    World
    Northisle
    As far as my experience goes it has something to do with the archipelago. I have cleared all of it and since then I'm getting fewer collectibles. And I hear the same from other people. It doesn't matter how much they built on the new sectors, but it seems like as soon as they are cleared fewer collectibles spawn.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I've only just seen this post and thought I'd put my own moan in. Haven't got the enthusiasm to read all 11 pages so excuse me if I'm repeating what others have asked/said. I'm Lvl 52 and a family member is 43. Both of us have a near 100% find rate from every single re-spawn. She has been getting on average 18-24 collectables a day and perhaps 5 of those will be pumpkins. She got the reward for doing the 100 a week ago. I get an average of 10-15 collectables and I'll be lucky if 1 of those is a pumpkin. At this drop rate, I have no chance of getting the reward for 100. My boyfriend is Lvl 53 and although 10 pumpkins ahead, is having the same problem as me. We both try to do a few adventures a week and not been getting drops from them either although we did before they 'fixed' the problem a few days into the event.

Is it anything to do with lower levels getting more because they might not have the resources to beat the big bad golems? Has it been acknowledged as a bug and are they going to do something about it? Or, and this is the one I'm starting to think, is it because the customer service on this game stinks and they don't like to admit they've done something wrong unless it's affecting everyone

World
    Newfoundland
    I'm also level 52, have completed the achi at the beginning of this week. My island has a lot of free space, though. (Only 4 sectors of archipelago discovered.) What I noticed even before the event is that a significant percentage of my collectibles (say 25-30%) tend to appear in s1 where I only have a few buildings built.

During the event, and after the last update, I either got 4-6 pumpkin spawns in a batch or zero.

ETA: my number of collectibles in one spawn is either around 10-12 or 18-22 but more frequently the larger number.
    Last edited by FishSmell; 05.11.15 at 08:49.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm not techno savvy but is it a bug if it's affecting some but not others (genuine question)? To me, if it's bad code or whatever it will affect everyone who uses that code?
    I think it's dependant on "something" else but what?
    But then if the spawn total is dependant on "something", (level, space, server etc) then all those players with matching "somethings" would have similar results, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    There are players on here commenting on their poor spawn/pumpkin drops and coming up with many reasons why but my experiences so far don't back them up.

I'm averaging a spawn of 18-24 collies each time, which is good, but I have a low pumpkin ratio from them.
    I'm level 52 - so this disproves the theory that lower level players receive more collies.
    My main island is crowded - so this disproves the theory that it's based on free space.
    I'm on Sandycove - so that disproves the theory of affecting only that server.
    I've only cleared two archipelago sectors - not sure about the effect of this yet but I only get a few collies here even though it's empty.
    I have a lot of Imp Storehouses - yes it's buggy that collies seem to appear "inside" these but does the amount of storehouses you have affect the number of collies?
    I have lots of paths - I notice I have many collies at junctions, does this have an effect?

When I consider all this, and compare it to others' descriptions of what's happening to them, I can only keep coming back to the fact that it's random.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi, same as many players I suffer from low number of collectables per spawn and barely any pumpkins among them.
    I think of me as an active player - during event I logged in every day and managed 2 spawns per day (everytime I got less then 10 objects) and collected every single collectable. Yet I didn't achieve the "50 pumpkins" achievement.

Since you all give these information:
    Level 53 player, whole archipelago cleared and full of population buildings. Main island also full

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    I posted this in other thread but will post it here since this is more relevant thread:

It's not just bad luck, for whole event max 10-12 items per spawn which of 1-2 are pumpkins every day. Up to this day this means for me around 15 days so total with 30 spawns and I'm at 67/100. Others in our guild get even 15-30 items per spawn and 4-10 pumpkins per spawn.

I roamed at the German forums and found few threads saying people some who have conquered all or a lot of the new sectors have spawn count halved. I have conquered all new areas before the event and I'm at lvl55. Less than week ago I destroyed several population buildings and decorations to see if extra free space helps which it did not

There are over 150 pages of collectible/spawning issues talked about at German forums too in various threads so clearly this is an issue. Bug or bad luck as this being achievement it should not be based on random number gods.

Google translate if interested:

http://forum.diesiedleronline.de/thr...r-Sammelitems/
    Last edited by Mannerheim; 04.11.15 at 11:05.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    I actually like the idea of having a pure-luck type thing in an event. It's something different.

Maybe don't call it an achievement, and don't make the prize the event currency, and if all players know it's completely random, then it could be an interesting "will-I-won't-I complete it in time" surprise.

Possibly something like when you open a mystery box, every time you login you have a rolling dice that generates a random number that adds up over the event and your total at the end determines your reward?
    Last edited by Sheddoe; 04.11.15 at 11:39.

Reply to Thread