Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: No pumpkins among collectibles

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    It is not right that the free space you have on island should determine if you can make an achievement or not. This should be fixed, by setting number required in achievement down - or by making sure we find enough during last week.
    I wasn't referring to the achievement, only to the number of collectibles dropped I think is related to the available space - at least that's the only thing I can think of. As far as the achievement, I completely agree the formula should have been skewed up a little so that anyone that works to get the collectibles should be able to make the achievement. I would have made sure the pumpkins would have been enough that if you collected a total of 40 drops (2 times a day for 20 days as an example) that would be enough to do it.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    I average around 19 - pretty consistently in fact. So I don't think it's your level, I expect it's the available space. I still have a lot of open land.

Also have still not made the 100 target but getting close enough I'd say I have decent odds in the last week of making it.
    Right now you have to find 100,- if you find 2, or 3 in one go it still counts as one. As some of us found 0 the first time, then for now 75 finds would be fair.
    That means picking up 1 every time they spawn- exept for when you have the chance of finding 0.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    So much for fixing the 0 pumpkins found - today again I found 0 out of a totla of 12 collies- found 53 in all- so have 6 days to find 47.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    none today 6 days to find 40 cant see it happening..and now they start showing xmas stuff so it takes the mind away from this [Removed] event

Please be careful to keep your language Pegi-7.
    Last edited by MOD_Houri; 03.11.15 at 17:38.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    It is not right that the free space you have on island should determine if you can make an achievement or not. This should be fixed, by setting number required in achievement down - or by making sure we find enough during last week.
    I have to ask - why is it "not right" that an achievement should be determined by something? Surely they all are determined by something? Your level, your resources, your time spent playing, your free space etc etc.... that's why completing them is an "achievement", and you need to realise that you sometimes won't or can't complete that achievement.
    To me it's a bit of fun, I probably won't get the 100 pumpkin achievement but I'm not really that upset about it. It's a game.
    Asking BB to "fix" it so that you can complete the achievement seems a bit desperate to me.
    I'm sure there are many players at a lower level than yours who would love it if BB fixed it for them to complete achievements you've done with ease.

Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning.
    World
    Northisle
    You've got to be kidding? An achievement should be doable on one way or another. There is always a way to influence it - level up, trade stuff, use gems....This time there was no such option. If you don't get enough pumpkins it's not your fault and you can't change that. I tried making more space by deleting a lot of pirate residences and several other buildings that are free to build - still don't get more than 2 or 3 pumpkins in a round.So there certainly are players (me included) who have no chance on getting that achievement no matter what they do. So tell me - how is that fair? There is no way for me to "achieve" that.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Peccatora View Post
    You've got to be kidding? An achievement should be doable on one way or another. There is always a way to influence it - level up, trade stuff, use gems....This time there was no such option. If you don't get enough pumpkins it's not your fault and you can't change that. I tried making more space by deleting a lot of pirate residences and several other buildings that are free to build - still don't get more than 2 or 3 pumpkins in a round.So there certainly are players (me included) who have no chance on getting that achievement no matter what they do. So tell me - how is that fair? There is no way for me to "achieve" that.
    And that's my point!
    Some achievements may not be possible to complete. There may be different ways of completing them or only one way (luck), its just a different type of achievement.
    If its a random-based achievement then not everybody will complete it, no point getting angry on here about it. Maybe next event you'll have better luck and complete it easily.
    Like I said before, I'm in the same boat and unlikely to complete it too but I don't want BB to "fix" it so I do.

World
    Northisle
    Seems like you have no idea what "achieve" means. It definitely doesn't mean "achieving" more luck than someone else. And I highly doubt that this was BB's intention, but they made a mistake they can't admit (as usual). And maybe you don't care, but that's not true for the rest of us. This forum is always rather quiet. On the German one there are already over 80 pages about this issue - so seems like some people do care and they don't want to miss out on something because BB messed up.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    You may be right that its a mistake on BB's part (or mis-named as an "achievement") but you cant know for sure. If they designed it as a randomly based achievement then that's how its turned out. Just because you (and me) aren't going to complete it doesn't mean it's not running as intended. You can insist it's not fair, and you're entitled to do so, and maybe BB will listen to the majority and change things for next time, but to me too many players demand to be able to get everything from these events. It should be a challenge and if you miss out (esp. on random things) then you just get on with it and hope it's better next time.

World
    Northisle
    Maybe, for you this is a minor issue, but everyone plays this game in a different way. I for my part "collect" achievements and it would bug me forever if I didn't get that one. For me this really spoiled having fun on this game and I don't know if I want to keep on playing when I know that I will never kinda "complete" it. Maybe log on to chat a bit, but I'm not sure if I want to really play anymore when I know that I can never reach the goals I set myself.

Reply to Thread