Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: No pumpkins among collectibles

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Paying close attention to what BB and their agents have posted in our forum's over the years we see that they are using a hardware random number generator as opposed to a software one. My research into that particular form of hardware generator has revealed that the experts are skeptical about the amount of randomness actually generated, some models fail the tests. This means we have a right to be skeptical when BB say it's fixed. This puts them in a bind, if they reveal the model and origin then there is a danger that we can use that to defeat the random factor. If they don't revel then they have to accept that we have the right to question them due to lack of confidence. It's the classic Hobson's Choice.

As for the number of collectibles of all sorts per spawn on a island i'm afraid looking at it per island is the wrong way of looking at it. A developed island or a beginner island quite simply has less area where spawns can take place. This in fact mean the system favors less developed players. In a nutshell they get more from spawns while higher players can get theirs through trading or adventuring power.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning.
    World
    Northisle
    So I already got the 50 pumpkins achievement two days ago and when I checked today it was suddenly 48/50 again? What is going on here?!

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamlejeg View Post
    Clearly this has nothing to do with bad luck.
    I have to agree. The variations have been stunning. In three personal examples my friend completed his 100 several days ago, my wife just did yesterday, and I'm still several away but close enough I think I'll make it. I'm very aware that many people are not getting anywhere near the necessary number.

Since my D&D days in the 70's I've learned how to set a minimum number to a range. 1d4 + 2 for example. I am stunned that a fair chance wasn't given to everyone as it clearly has not been. Either there should be no achievement for this (in which case the pumpkins found would be just gravy) or there should be a minimum drop to guarantee at least the first achievement if not both.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Today I made the 50 achievement but no way I am going to find 50 during what is left of event. The atempt to fix made me find at least 1,- so = was no longer an option, but it is still not solved.

You have a last chance to solve this BB.

It is not only me. What we have in common as I see it is that we always only get 6-12 collies every time they spawn.
    This is also something that should not be this way if it is random, we should see more variation but we do not.
    ½ a year ago I could get as many as 22. But for at least last 3 month or so it is always between 6 and 12. Others I talk to get as many as 20,- and I guess they also get more pumpkins and are able to make the last achievement.

Make this game fair so everyone have same chances to do this if they make an effort !
    Last edited by Urd123; 02.11.15 at 10:07.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    Today I made the 100 achievement but no way I am going to find 50 during what is left of event. The atempt to fix made me find at least 1,- so = was no longer an option, but it is still not solved.

You have a last chance to solve this BB.

It is not only me. What we have in common as I see it is that we always only get 6-12 collies every time they spawn.
    This is also something that should not be this way if it is random, we should see more variation but we do not.
    ½ a year ago I could get as many as 22. But for at least last 3 month or so it is always between 6 and 12. Others I talk to get as many as 20,- and I guess they also get more pumpkins and are able to make the last achievement.

Make this game fair so everyone have same chances to do this if they make an effort !
    It is not only not getting enough pumpkins with these very low drops, it is also only finding barrels and scarecrows and herbs so making buffs is out of the question as well.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Paying close attention to what BB and their agents have posted in our forum's over the years we see that they are using a hardware random number generator as opposed to a software one. My research into that particular form of hardware generator has revealed that the experts are skeptical about the amount of randomness actually generated, some models fail the tests. This means we have a right to be skeptical when BB say it's fixed. This puts them in a bind, if they reveal the model and origin then there is a danger that we can use that to defeat the random factor. If they don't revel then they have to accept that we have the right to question them due to lack of confidence. It's the classic Hobson's Choice.

As for the number of collectibles of all sorts per spawn on a island i'm afraid looking at it per island is the wrong way of looking at it. A developed island or a beginner island quite simply has less area where spawns can take place. This in fact mean the system favors less developed players. In a nutshell they get more from spawns while higher players can get theirs through trading or adventuring power.
    This confirms my findings,- that when I was below level 50, I got up to 22 collies per spawn, but now I get a max of 12 collies per spawn. I suggest that they either reduce the requrements for the achievements, or just dont make any collie collecting acheivements until this is resolved.

It is not fair that some of us was not able to make the final once no matter if we found every single collie.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    I've asked around too and people with huge amounts of space have had high numbers of collectibles throughout the event some averaging mid 20's every time the quest spawns, those with small amounts of space are mostly like myself around the 8-10 mark.

Ever since collectibles started spawning in the middle of Improved storehouses my collections have been tiny so it's nothing to do with bad luck it's to do with a bug BB so far have been unable to fix or even acknowledge.
    Oh, I thought this was common knowledge: fewer collectibles if you have less space on your island.

Annoying and unfair, yes, and it's why I don't build wells any more and make absolutely sure I delete any depleted ones when I do.

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    this is messed up, this year we were supposed to have a higher chance of finding pumpkins amongst the colectibles, but not only is the opposite happening, since we can go a couple of without finding any pumps (i know i have), but when we do find any, it's only like 1 or 2 :S
    What???? isn't it enough to have achievements on which it's completion is based on pure chance, but now we have to complete them with bugs and all?
    if this event is of any guide, i can see that the Christmas event will be a riot

Please don't swear, even in abbreviations.
    Last edited by MOD_Houri; 02.11.15 at 18:13.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    This confirms my findings,- that when I was below level 50, I got up to 22 collies per spawn, but now I get a max of 12 collies per spawn.
    I average around 19 - pretty consistently in fact. So I don't think it's your level, I expect it's the available space. I still have a lot of open land.

Also have still not made the 100 target but getting close enough I'd say I have decent odds in the last week of making it.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    I average around 19 - pretty consistently in fact. So I don't think it's your level, I expect it's the available space. I still have a lot of open land.

Also have still not made the 100 target but getting close enough I'd say I have decent odds in the last week of making it.
    It is not right that the free space you have on island should determine if you can make an achievement or not. This should be fixed, by setting number required in achievement down - or by making sure we find enough during last week.

Reply to Thread