Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: No pumpkins among collectibles

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheddoe View Post
    I'm not techno savvy but is it a bug if it's affecting some but not others (genuine question)? To me, if it's bad code or whatever it will affect everyone who uses that code?
    It's not terribly unusual for bugs to affect some people and not others, this is part of what can make them difficult to reproduce and track down.

What is clear is that for a lot of people neither of these increases happened at all:

Quote Originally Posted by DevDiary View Post
    • Collecting pumpkins that spawn on your home island (chance for pumpkins to spawn is higher than last year)
    Quote Originally Posted by Changelog View Post
    • The spawn chance of pumpkins among collectibles is increased.
    And many people are running below their normal non-event averages for spawn totals.

I think it's dependant on "something" else but what?
    But then if the spawn total is dependant on "something", (level, space, server etc) then all those players with matching "somethings" would have similar results, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    There are players on here commenting on their poor spawn/pumpkin drops and coming up with many reasons why but my experiences so far don't back them up.

I'm averaging a spawn of 18-24 collies each time, which is good, but I have a low pumpkin ratio from them.
    I'm level 52 - so this disproves the theory that lower level players receive more collies.
    My main island is crowded - so this disproves the theory that it's based on free space.
    I'm on Sandycove - so that disproves the theory of affecting only that server.
    I've only cleared two archipelago sectors - not sure about the effect of this yet but I only get a few collies here even though it's empty.
    I have a lot of Imp Storehouses - yes it's buggy that collies seem to appear "inside" these but does the amount of storehouses you have affect the number of collies?
    I have lots of paths - I notice I have many collies at junctions, does this have an effect?

When I consider all this, and compare it to others' descriptions of what's happening to them, I can only keep coming back to the fact that it's random.
    I'm averaging a spawn of 7-10 collectibles each time, with a lot of 7s. This is on the low side of "normal" for me. I'm still closer to 100 at 63 than some people with more room.
    I'm level 52.
    My main island is not entirely cleared but again, my average spawn totals are on the low end of my "normal" average. Definitely not "more" in total spawn numbers nor pumpkins. I've blown up what I could and sent Gens to sit and twiddle on random Advs to clear space and seen no increase in numbers.
    I'm on Sandycove. This issue has been reported in multiple fora, it's not confined to a single server nor language version.
    I've now cleared the clouds from six archipelago sectors. The archipelago does seem to be having a more-than-random negative effect on things, somehow. Agreed it's not clear but it's worth looking at carefully.
    I have a some Imp Storehouses, sometimes there are collectibles in them and sometimes not.
    I have no paths.

The overall amounts of collectibles in the spawns seem more off than the pumpkins within those numbers, the range of individual pumpkin drops in the spawns seems more reasonable (purely from the "random" perspective) than the variations in the totals for "assorted" things.

While there may well be a bug tucked in some aspect of collectibles somewhere, and it certainly feels likely, there doesn't actually need to be a bug for the Achievement to be broken.

Goals with set time limits that rely on luck to complete them fail too many people too often to be viable here. This has been clear for years now.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    well I have had 80 collectables now appear since the so called "fix" and of those 80 only 5 are pumpkins so no chance of getting the 100 total and still the game makers are staying quiet...................hmmm.....................i f I don't reach the 100 it will look like I was a failure at this quest and yet it through no fault of my own and I consider that a slur/stain on me as a person and this is unacceptable!

Come out and say something on this matter

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    BB_Orowa has passed one of the German threads forward and given issue number for it but unknown if they find anything or see it as a problem... with only 5 days left there is really no chance to complete the achievement. With the current spawn rate I would need 10-15 more days to make it.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I try reporting it in the ticked system. Got the 2 standard replys that they got the ticket and that it has been forwarded. Then this

Removed

I cant have written a ticket about this before - so this just made me give up on the ticket system too. How can it be closed before it ever have been opened.

I dont want to be in a game where you discriminate against specific players. This is not only that some of us cant complete an achievemet even though we looked and foind alll collies each day. Players with crowded islands get less collies, and that simply is not fair.

My drop rates for collies is 5-13
    My droprate for pumps have been 0,1,2,3,4 - 4 only one time- 0 4 times
    I am level 54 and I have cleared my extension ilslands.
    My main island is pretty crowded.
    Until I got to level 50- or before I had so many buildings,- not sure what it was- but until around april I had 10- 22 coilles each spawn.
    Now I have found 59 pumpkins of the 100

Copy pastes of support tickets are not allowed.
    Last edited by MOD_Houri; 11.11.15 at 10:57.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    You aren't listening to what people are saying.
    And your theory of space=collies is rubbish as far as my island goes.
    Like you I have a crowded main island. I have cleared only two archipelago sectors (less than you) and have five buildings there. Yet I get 18-24 collies each spawn, and most of those are on the main island.
    I don't get many pumpkin ones out of those, though, and it's touch and go if i'll get the 100 achievement, but this disproves your theory that total amount of collies each spawn must depend on island space.
    As others have said, it is pure bad luck, or players like you are being affected by something else entirely.
    Collies seem to like hiding in improved storehouses. I have very many of these storehouses, do you? Could that be why I spawn more than you?
    I have made extra effort to find every single collie. I might have missed one one or 2 times that is all. So it is not because I have not found all. It might not be the space, but it is something when some over a long time spand never get over 12- 13 collies and others always get 18-22 collies.
    I dont know what it is - but it is

Best thing BB can do is to stop making achievemtns of this kind until they have it working in a fair way.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    I have made extra effort to find every single collie. I might have missed one one or 2 times that is all. So it is not because I have not found all. It might not be the space, but it is something when some over a long time spand never get over 12- 13 collies and others always get 18-22 collies.
    I dont know what it is - but it is

Best thing BB can do is to stop making achievemtns of this kind until they have it working in a fair way.
    If you observe where they spawn over a period of time you will see that they only spawn in certain locations and not in others, if you should build on those locations then you have less spawn spots available.

May I also point out that balancing something out in a spirit of fairness means some will be handicapped, as I pointed out previously high level players have the means to obtain pumpkins by other methods. This system benefits the lower levels who are not advanced enough to profit from the avenues open to high level players.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    In case someone missed, it has been confirmed that there is a problem with something:

http://forum.diesiedleronline.de/thr...melitems-12611

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Orowa
    Thank you for your extensive messages. We have confirmed by now that this is a problem. The further procedure (concerning especially. Of success) is currently (but with the utmost urgency) be discussed.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    In case someone missed, it has been confirmed that there is a problem with something:

http://forum.diesiedleronline.de/thr...melitems-12611

Would have helped if BB_Orowa had said what the something is.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi..my score today 76/100 ... every collect with fairy fire... Halloween was my favorite event .. thx BB

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I had no problems earlier on the event, was going pretty solid towards 100 pumpkins achievement, but now last few spawns have been given me 0-1 pumpkins.
    72/100 now. So much wasted efforts.

Reply to Thread