Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: No pumpkins among collectibles

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Hey All,
    i have been playing the game and supporting the game thru gem purchases for several years.
    One thing I find very disheartening, two years ago if the pumpkins were not all being counted the staff would have worked very hard to
    fix the issue and then added a script to credit all those second and third pumpkins not originally counted.
    Now we find that the staff does not really care about minor things like accurate game play.and either ignore problems or change "rules" after the fact.
    I really enjoy this game but if the creators and programers reallyt dont care about the game why should I?

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoolzabin View Post
    i only found 20 up till now.
    and yes i do 2 seaches a day and alwais find all of them
    Like I said to swiftly, that really seems unfair and I wish you better luck in the remaining days. Keep at it!
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    well im lucky to get 1 pumpkin a day so i dont no how im going to complete the achievement..this whole event is a joke this yr

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    Like I said to swiftly, that really seems unfair and I wish you better luck in the remaining days. Keep at it!
    I am not a programmer, but how hard can it be to even the ods a bit. This can be done better, if not then better not to make events. I will have to agree with lashy,- this is a joke. I made the 25 now - have 37 pumps collected from island - that is far away from collecting 100. Most common number still is 1 each time they spawn- giving a total of 2 a day.

Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning.
    World
    Northisle
    39/100 now, not a chance that I'll complete it in the time given. I got every single collectible, used fairy fires and all you hear from support is that I'm just having bad luck. I think it's really unfair that there is no way for me to get that achievement....
    I feel like BB is trying to calm us down by releasing the sneak peek for christmas so early and hopes that we'll just forget about that collectible thing. But I def won't. If I miss out because I just don't get enough collectibles to have a chance to complete it and BB doesn't care, well then I'm not sure this is the kinda game I want to play.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    So what happened during last 2 days? I need 7 more, yet I haven't had a single pumpkin drop during last 4 searches, while all have been over 20+ collectibles.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Escape_Artist View Post
    So what happened during last 2 days? I need 7 more, yet I haven't had a single pumpkin drop during last 4 searches, while all have been over 20+ collectibles.
    oh to have 20 collectibles, even if they weren't pumpkins I could maybe make a buff every once in a while.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    A quick survey on Northisle revealed the average number of pumpkin collectibles people had found now we're half way through event is 60-70. Some people were in the 80s already.

So, if you're not making the target it really is just bad luck not a bug.

It is, however, bad program design and something BB have been shamed by before: making a goal/quest/achievement that is both time limited and based on a random element.

You do that, you're always going to irritate somebody who, through no fault of their own, is unable to complete said goal/quest/achievement

Developers should know better.

As penance, every blue byte employee should be forced to toss a coin 100 times and keep a record of how many heads/tails they toss. Then count up how many of their employees tossed fewer than, say, 25 heads. Maybe somebody will learn something about probability that way...
    Last edited by Gerontius; 31.10.15 at 12:09.

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Gerontius I play Northisle too I have already got the collect 100 there, my problem is not with the achievement itself it's with the fact there is clearly something wrong with collectibles if your Island is nearly full (yes Archipelago too.). For the entire event I have had a steady 8-10 collectibles on Sandycove, most being in Improved storehouses, once hitting 14 on the day they did the fix, however on Northisle where I have got loads of space it's averaged around 18-20.

I've asked around too and people with huge amounts of space have had high numbers of collectibles throughout the event some averaging mid 20's every time the quest spawns, those with small amounts of space are mostly like myself around the 8-10 mark.

Ever since collectibles started spawning in the middle of Improved storehouses my collections have been tiny so it's nothing to do with bad luck it's to do with a bug BB so far have been unable to fix or even acknowledge.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    Gerontius I play Northisle too I have already got the collect 100 there, my problem is not with the achievement itself it's with the fact there is clearly something wrong with collectibles if your Island is nearly full (yes Archipelago too.). For the entire event I have had a steady 8-10 collectibles on Sandycove, most being in Improved storehouses, once hitting 14 on the day they did the fix, however on Northisle where I have got loads of space it's averaged around 18-20.

I've asked around too and people with huge amounts of space have had high numbers of collectibles throughout the event some averaging mid 20's every time the quest spawns, those with small amounts of space are mostly like myself around the 8-10 mark.

Ever since collectibles started spawning in the middle of Improved storehouses my collections have been tiny so it's nothing to do with bad luck it's to do with a bug BB so far have been unable to fix or even acknowledge.
    Your observations and your own experience fits mine completely. I get 8-14 collectibles per spawn end from those 0-2 pumpkins- So far I've collected 42 pumpkin collectibles. Most of my main island is filled with building and also a good part of the new islands. People around me seems to get more collectibles in general but they also have more space free on their main island.

On a side note I can tell that I got at least 2 collectibles hidden inside mountains and not visible one of them in a destructible mountain.

Clearly this has nothing to do with bad luck.

Reply to Thread