Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mouse

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by qawpaw View Post
    heard from support that our version of ie is no longer suported
    Which version is that ?
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    i dont have the mouse scrolling issue though but having a huge mouse pointer lag that is really really a terrible thing !
    sometimes, and quite often too, the game comes to a full stop for some 15 seconds (+/-) when i hover it over the active adventure banner
    so, my conclusion is it all comes with the game as i tried many different browsers and with every single one of them is the same...

BB, please fix this asap, lots of people are complaining yet im unsure why only 2 pages so far in this thread

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Couple of info's/fixes for things mouse related.

1. Lag when click drag scrolling across an island is somewhat local machine related, the faster your graphics subsystem the less lag. On my main machine with a discrete graphics card it's fine. On my laptop with just the cpu doing the work, its a bit laggy. You can turn the graphic detail down on the cog menu in game, this may help on slower machines.

2. If you lost the ability to zoom with the mouse wheel using windows 10 edge browser a couple of days ago (may affect ie, don't know don't use it, and doesn't affect ff) this is windows being weird when it had that major update. The fix is settings/devices/mouse & touchpad and turn "scroll inactive windows when I hover over them" off.
    Don't ask me what that phrase actually means or is really supposed to do because I don't have a clue, nor do I really know how I found out that fixed it :P

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    1. Lag when click drag scrolling across an island is somewhat local machine related, the faster your graphics subsystem the less lag. On my main machine with a discrete graphics card it's fine. On my laptop with just the cpu doing the work, its a bit laggy. You can turn the graphic detail down on the cog menu in game, this may help on slower machines.
    didnt help me what you suggested as it all comes from some bad coding, why am i then being able to run alot greater demanding tasks and having problems with TSO only ?

World
    Sandycove
    Couple of info's/fixes for things mouse related.

There's no doubt that some graphics delay is local - however, I am using the exact same machine as I have always been since I've started Settlers, for a lap top it has pretty high-end graphics (dedicated), and the occasional lag I'm seeing only started a few releases ago - if memory serves, when they tried to fix some of the graphics issues and other things like the improved storehouse having the wrong entrance. I can't be sure of the exact release, but it was around that time.

Therefore you can make the conclusion that something changed in the way the code is implemented and/or used, because my hardware and software has not changed at all (except for the normal updates to Adobe, etc.)

Fortunately, it's just an occasional lag and doesn't last long so it's not interfering with my play.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    I didn't say it was all local, the key is "somewhat".

I have posted elsewhere in the lag thread and indeed I am as critical as anyone else of the general lag since xxl particularly. And I completely agree that a browser based game ought to run on a regular machine without issue, and it does not, so there may also be bad or less than optimal coding, after all it's not skyrim or such....most of it is static.

There were several posts in here mouse related, and I simply tried to help some of them. Maybe...

World
    Sandycove
    I didn't say it was all local, the key is "somewhat".

I have posted elsewhere in the lag thread and indeed I am as critical as anyone else of the general lag since xxl particularly. And I completely agree that a browser based game ought to run on a regular machine without issue, and it does not, so there may also be bad or less than optimal coding, after all it's not skyrim or such....most of it is static.

There were several posts in here mouse related, and I simply tried to help some of them. Maybe...
    sorry, despite best wishes your threads didnt help as it's related to the server side, and not the client side

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    wow, thought it was just me, changed my mouse and all the settings on my computer several times.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Over Germany way there's an 8 page thread on the recent mouse scrolling issues, including a post that echos Eeyore's second suggestion here:

2. If you lost the ability to zoom with the mouse wheel using windows 10 edge browser a couple of days ago (may affect ie, don't know don't use it, and doesn't affect ff) this is windows being weird when it had that major update. The fix is settings/devices/mouse & touchpad and turn "scroll inactive windows when I hover over them" off.
    Don't ask me what that phrase actually means or is really supposed to do because I don't have a clue, nor do I really know how I found out that fixed it :P
    The German with following reports of success: Bullyparade's suggestion.

Had posted just the link to the German forum when I realised Eeyore had said the same a week earlier so thought I'd dig out the specific from the 'general lag' follow ups. Seems BB are aware and looking into it but no magic button fix there as yet.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 11.12.15 at 00:40. Reason: Link weirdness

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Urgh123 View Post
    i dont have the mouse scrolling issue though but having a huge mouse pointer lag that is really really a terrible thing !
    I had the same issue(mouse delay) in Chrome. I disabled the hardware acceleration in the settings and it solved the problem.

Reply to Thread