Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Christmas Event 2015 Sneak Peek

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    my Island is laid out to find every single watermill space, meaning where half a space would be wasted if I put a 2x2 building there, I know eventually I can fill the spare space with 1x1 houses but from an aesthetics point of view it going to look odd a straight like for like replacement seems more logical to me. I have around 60 watermills on my island so if I replace the lot that's going to be plenty enough space created already.
    I am in the same boat, Long time ago i started using test server to map out possible layouts to really maximize the space, Like a giant puzzle... This wasn't very effective due to the wipes... So i cleared Sandy and used that as a blank canvas. It took a lot of my time and a lot of coin moving everything around... I do like the improved watermill but part of me now feels that all the great lengths I have been to were wasted. I have a Closed beta starting on the 23rd to attend, Really considering calling it time here...

Flesh Eating Mushroom Keen Commentor SwampHen's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    I've opened 70 Surprise Boxes on test. They don't look great. 350 gems each. I got 68% decorations (christmas decoration set was about half, followed by pavilions, angel monuments and rabbids). The buildings I got were improv stores, normal silos, improv silos, an arctic. In test chat, one person claimed to have gotten a frozen manor, and one had gotten 3 gingerbread houses from 100 Surprise Boxes.

I will say that the gingerbread house is cute. 115 population at level 6. But seems to be very, very rare. You have a guaranteed one from the advent calendar.

There are plenty of things I'd like in the merchant. Watermills, deerstalkers, recyclers, the Santa QM (carries 1000 troops, travels to adventure in 2 min but returns in 3 hours), a few recipes.
    Last edited by SwampHen; 03.11.15 at 04:30.
    Deathcap - The Flesh-Eating Mushroom from the Create-An-Enemy Contest 2013

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Watermills are not really 3x efficient.

its 1m (vs 3m) production time, ok this seems 3x.

But walking times, are the same. You might say that this happens also to all similar buildings.

Sure, but its a different thing (farms for example) to have 12m+1m walking time = 13total, to drop to 4m+1m = 5minutes,
    and its tottaly different ratio for watermills to be 3m+1m walking=4m, to become 1m+1m = 2m.

As for the new layout, i think its not better, just different (i.e. more confusion). Ok maybe a littleeeee better, we will see. But production wise its about double efficiency. Certainly not triple. For triple you should just triple the output, not cut in 1/3 the production time
    Last edited by Deorum; 03.11.15 at 06:33.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    my Island is laid out to find every single watermill space, meaning where half a space would be wasted if I put a 2x2 building there, I know eventually I can fill the spare space with 1x1 houses but from an aesthetics point of view it going to look odd a straight like for like replacement seems more logical to me. I have around 60 watermills on my island so if I replace the lot that's going to be plenty enough space created already.
    So are you saying you want the new watermill the same size as the current one so that it fits the spaces you have leaving no gaps? I struggle to see the logic of that but guess that is part of the fun of the game. For me aesthetics don't matter, I am after efficiency so I can crack on with adventures etc and let the island look after itself.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Do we have a certain answer on Grout?
    cause if no grout available in christmass, we must load as much grout as possible from this event

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    My take so far on Xmas:
    Shop:awesome. I really think they made it great.
    No Grout: Really a bummer. Hope it still gets added
    Suprise box: ehh yeah tyvm no thanks.
    Last day (full calendar reward): No frozen but just a reskinned noble with a little more pop? -_- really?
    Drop rates on good pop buildings nerfed, barely dropping from boxes (got one on test out of 100 boxes) and now removed from the last day reward as well?
    MEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Especially the box which is supposed to also give random presents: zero ....
    And why all those decorations that we can only delete?
    We get too much stuff that no one really wants, that we can only delete without getting at least something back for it.
    Can't sell it either. That really needs tweaking.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Looks like we gonna get all the stuff we need in the first days (at least hi-level players) and then we gonna just wait for the doors to open, and event to finish.

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    now we need to wait next version on test to see what will happen

http://forum.tsotesting.com/threads/...-grout-in-shop
    http://prntscr.com/8yn4kk

this is great news
    BB don't understand their own game

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    BB dont steal our Christmas, give us grout back :P

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Also in TSOtestings, there missing descriptions etc for the new buffs, but i got the point (i think they are not really worthy anything... but thats just me).

Reply to Thread