Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: imp farm fixed..lol

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVictorious View Post
    Oh man, seriously ! this is human made not God Made ! and this is a game should be for fun, if you don't have fun, why you play it at all.
    Interesting how quickly we come back full circle to "Things that make the game fun get fixed, things that don't - don't."

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVictorious View Post
    And again, you will not ever find any single software complete even 90% . if you can give me one I will quit this game, and quit my job and work as garbage collector
    Try to ask NASA, I'm very sure their software is well above 90%. ... Have fun at your new work. :P

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonBourneDK View Post
    Try to ask NASA, I'm very sure their software is well above 90%. ... Have fun at your new work. :P
    If that was the case the entire Astronaut corp would have quit and taken all the garbage collector jobs going. What NASA does have is a healthy culture of assuming they have missed something and looking for ways to fix it before it goes live.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    As both a multi-year developer and now also as a test system administrator I'd like to add a couple additional points about bugs - with the special disclaimer I'm not referring to any particular bug that has been discussed/

A huge factor in fixing bugs is the ability to reproduce the problem consistently and sometimes that's quite hard because of the number of variables involved.
    Also, every developer has faced the problem of fixing one issue and causing a different one as a side effect.

As a test administrator I know the overall problems of keep systems completely in sync so that the developers are working exactly with the same things the testers are with the same things that are finally released to production. Sometimes dozens or hundreds of tables with thousands or millions of rows are involved and if there is the slightest difference if may caused a bug to appear or not to appear.

So while I agree with many of the points that were posted about service and support and specific bugs I also wanted to remind that there can be a whole lot to it and not always easy.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread